Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

29

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2226 words

0Unrated
Willow stared into Tara's sparkling blue eyes for the longest time. It was time. Fortunately or unfortunately, it was time. They had done the joining spell. It had been weird at first. Their thoughts had become one. There was no separation of the two anymore.
Now all that was needed for them was to let each other go. In the sense that Willow had to go and fight this big demon with Giles, Xander, and Buffy, while Tara stayed with Anya and Olivia at Giles' apartment. They would be mentally together, always. But they had to separate now. And it was so hard to leave the woman they loved so much.
The other joining spell, the more complicated one, would join the essence of Willow, Giles, Xander, and Buffy. It would use Buffy's slayer strength and combine it with Giles' knowledge, Xander's heart, and Willow's magicks. It was the only way that there was even a chance at defeating this big bad known as Adam. He was virtually unstoppable.
"I'll be waiting for you." Tara smiled shyly at Willow.
"I'll come back to you, I promise." They held each other's eyes longer. "If I should need help with the control, you'll be hearing from me. I don't want to have to call on you because it could mean that I'm going over the edge. And you saw what that was like."
Tara nodded. Her smile faded a little at the memory of a Willow determined to destroy Spike. "That's what we are here for. We are here to help each other no matter what. I love you and will always, always be here for you."
Willow smiled. "I know. That's what keeps me going when things seem to get so crazy like this." She pulled Tara even closer to her. "I love you too. And I will always be here for you as well." She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. "I don't want to let go."
"Than don't." Willow pulled back. "Never let go of my heart. It now belongs to you. I give it to you because I know that you will take care of it better than you take care of your own heart."
Willow smiled even larger. "And you know that my heart is yours. You will take care of it because you know how fragile it is." She sighed before she gently placed her lips on Tara's.
There was another conversation going on behind them. "When this is all over, we'll talk more. We need to talk." Buffy looked up into Riley's eyes. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm falling for you, mister Riley Finn. And I want us to start a real relationship. In the sense that we know everything about each other. We won't have to hide anything anymore."
"I'd like that. 'Cause I'm falling for you, too." He leaned down and kissed her gently. "The troups and I'll try to keep Adam out of the initiative. If he gets in, he may release all those demons we've got captured."
"Business talk." Buffy smiled big. "How unromantic." She laughed at the look on Riley's face. "No big. Don't worry. Like I said, once we get through this, we'll talk about real life. Not our jobs."
"Buffy, be careful." He smiled at her.
"You too, big guy." She sighed.
There was another separate conversation going on. "But I don't want you to die, Xander." Anya's voice was getting a little shrill. "We just found that we smoosh well together. And there is more than just smooshing between us. It would be very hard to find somebody that I smoosh so well with."
Xander smiled at his girlfriend. He put his hand on her face. "I'll be all right. I've faced several apocalypses before. I've come out standing every time."
"Yes, but you never had a girlfriend like me before." Anya looked pleadingly at him. "Do you really want to just go, even though you know that I'm here. And that if you die, I will be all alone. Do you really want that Xander?"
Xander leaned in and kissed her. "I will be all right. And you won't exactly be alone. You'll have Tara."
"Eww!" Anya looked over at Willow and Tara who were busy making out. And right before an apocalypse. She so wished that was her and Xander right now. "No offense to Tara. She's a sweet girl, but I like smooshing with guys."
Xander rolled his eyes. "I meant that she would be your friend, that's all."
"Oh." Anya looked worried still. "I don't like it Xander. What if you don't come back?"
"I will. That's a promise."
And the final conversation between two lovers was Giles and Olivia. "Makes you want to go back to England and never come back, does it not?"
Olivia smiled at Giles. "I'll admit, Rupert, this is not the type of relationship I had in mind. Of course, I never thought that vampires or demons were really real. And now, I have to watch you walk out that door. And you may never come back to me."
"Nonsense." He pulled her into a hug. "I'll come back. I may have a concussion from being knocked out yet again, but I will come back. That I promise you."
"And what than?" Olivia looked into is eyes. "Can we build a relationship while I'm still in England and you are here risking your life fighting evil?"
Giles swallowed. "I guess it depends on how badly we want the relationship to last."
Finally, all the lovers broke apart. Tara, Anya, and Olivia were staying back in Giles apartment. It was Tara's job to protect them with magick, if need be. But she didn't feel she was strong enough. Even after Willow had insisted that she is. Only time would tell.
Riley and Spike made their way into the initiative. It raised a few eyebrows that Riley was now allowing a former captive to run around loose. He had to quickly explain about the Adam situation. And how they thought that Adam was on his way to the initiative to try and take over.
The colonel wasn't any too happy. In fact, he was greatly disbelieving what Finn had said to him. But Riley had persuaded enough of his own friends to help him with the upcoming situation. The rest would fall in line when the fighting began. If there was any fighting.
That left Willow, Buffy, Xander, and Giles to find a nice quiet place inside of the initiative. One that would allow access for Buffy to roam around once the spell had taken affect. The joining spell was one of the most powerful that Willow had ever attempted, at least knowingly attempted. Her control would mean everything to the spell.
Inside the empty lab, the four sat looking at one another. This wasn't the first time the four had faced the end of the world together. And it wasn't going to be the last time, either. They all knew that. This was just their latest battle in the war with evil. A war that would probably never end.
"So, we all set?" Willow looked anxious. She was having trouble with the whole her doing something that could possible make her lose control and therefore destroy the world thing.
"As ready for a doomed mission as we'll ever be." Xander smiled. "What? Just saying what everyone was thinking."
"I was actually thinking how much fun it was going to be to kick Adam's ass." Buffy stared at Xander. "At least, I hope I get to kick his ass. With your guy's help."
"Shall we begin." Giles was getting a little impatient himself. Another day, another apocalypse.
"All righty than." Willow watched as all sat in a circle around her. She took out all the magickal stuff, including the magick gourd that Spike had made fun of. "Let's do it." She took a deep breath as everyone joined hands. "I implore thee, spirits of the slayer, grant us the wish. The wish that I, the power.."
She squeezed Xander's hand. "I, the heart.."
Giles was next. "I, the mind..."
"And I, the vessel..." Buffy spoke quietly.
Willow continued. "That all of these strengths be joined into one." There was a banging on the door. They hadn't realized that there was fighting on the other side of the door that they had barricaded. In fact, every demon was loose from its cage.
There was a light that began with Willow. The light slowly surged through Xander and Giles. Finally, it made its way to Buffy. When she opened her eyes, there was the glow. An orange glow. It was all of their strengths combined into one.
Buffy slowly got up. The other three sat still. They were motionless. It was like their bodies were empty shells. The only thing that made Willow look like there was anything at all was the black flashes that made their way into her eyes. Inside, she was struggling with the power that was so important to keep the spell going.
Buffy made her way out the barricade. It was total chaos all around her. Demons were attacking demons. Demons were attacking army guys. Riley and Spike were having trouble keeping things together. And standing on the stairs near the elevator, smiling, was Adam.
The slayer made her way through the chaos. Sometimes she took the time to kill a demon or two. Mostly, she just shoved demon and army guy out of her way. Her only goal was to stop Adam. He was the one that could destroy the world.
Finally, she stood before the Frankenstein like demon. "Are we going to try this again slayer. You know that I am stronger than you. You can not even conceive of what I am."
"Oh, no?" Buffy's voice was funny. It was like it was blended with the other scoobies. "I think you'll find things are just a little different this time." She nodded. "Shall we?"
Buffy easily dodged each of Adam's blows. Her hits were still seeming to have no affect on the demon. But she was able to avoid all of his moves, for now. Than, she began saying a spell. It was a paralyzing spell that needed to be said in Samaritan. Which she alone would not have known.
Adam froze in his tracks. She again tried to decapitate him. But there was nothing. No weapon was making a dent. It was as if the demon really was unbeatable. And that's when the combined Buffy thought of something. Why not take away its power source.
She was about to start a spell that would take away whatever was powering the thing. That's when the orange glow in her eyes faded. Faded enough for Adam to break through the paralyzing spell. He quickly grabbed her around the neck.
"Now let's see you defeat me, slayer." Adam began squeezing. Ever so slowly.
Back in the lab, Willow's eyes were nearly all black now. She was fighting hard, but she just couldn't keep control of her power. And it was costing her Buffy. Her bestest friend was in some serious trouble because her control was fading fast.
Willow, can you hear me? A familiar voice was suddenly inside of her head. Her everything was talking to her. But how? You need to let me in. You are blocking me. I can help you regain the control, if you let me. Willow shook her head. The feeling of the power was so addictive. She wasn't sure if she wanted it to go away or not. Buffy needs you. So do the others. There was still no response. Willow, baby. I need you. Please don't let me alone to face my demon side. I'm so afraid, baby.
Willow's eyes instantly turned back. Not to the green, but the nice orange glow. Back with Adam, Buffy's eyes brightened as well. She quickly said the paralyzing spell. Adam froze again, releasing her from his grip.
She coughed and sputtered before she managed to catch her breath. She stared at the demon. The spell came out of her mouth without even another thought. It wasn't long before a greenish tube came at her. The tube found its way floating in her hand. It folded in on itself and disappeared in a flash of green light. Adam fell to the floor, nothing but a shell now.
Buffy collapsed to the floor as well. Just as a demon was about to take her head off, Spike stepped in and broke it's neck. "You all right slayer?"
"Give me a sec." She smiled big. "Than we'll kick all these demon's asses back to hell or whatever dimension they come from."
Spike ran off and continued the fight. Riley and his army guys were getting the upper hand. Willow, Giles, and Xander didn't take long to make their way next to Buffy. All four stared at each other for a moment. "Let's kick ass." Buffy smiled. "And that way we can get back to our honeys."
It didn't take long. Not with all the army guys, Spike, and the scoobies all working together. A few demons did escape. But they had defeated one of the biggest bads they had ever faced. Until the next one comes along.
Sign up to rate and review this story