Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

30

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2168 words

0Unrated
Willow looked at the long green grass that surrounded her. Her everything was lying on a plaid flannel blanket with a wicker picnic basket next to her. They were spending the summer in England. Giles had offered them the use of his cottage near Bath. And as luck would have it, the coven wasn't too far away.
The two were spending the time with the coven. They were trying both to learn to control their powers. After what had nearly happened, Willow didn't want to even chance another spell. She could so have easily destroyed the world. If her blonde girlfriend hadn't been able to get through to her.
Buffy had almost lost her life as it was. Willow could tell that there was now a little bit of a strain between them. They really hadn't spoken before she and Tara had left. Not that the red head could blame her. After all, it was so her fault that Adam had almost squeezed the life out of her.
Speaking of Adam and the initiative, Riley had watched the higher ups basically deny any involvement. It was supposedly all Professor Walsh's doing. And that they had learned their lesson. They would never again enter the foray of demons.
For whatever reason, Willow was having trouble believing them. And it was hard on Riley. He had been a soldier. That was a major part of who he had become. Now, he was just a civilian trying to adjust.
Even thought they hadn't spoken much, Willow knew that it was killing Buffy to see Riley struggling so much. They really had grown really close in such a short time. And that was a good thing. But it also lead to the possibility of getting hurt.
On the good front, sorta, Xander and Anya were still into the dating. They were getting closer as well. Willow was still having trouble seeing what her friend saw in the ex demon. It would figure that Xander would fall for another demony type woman. It was kinda expected now.
Olivia was here in England as well. Giles really hadn't confided in Willow on what was going on. She didn't know if the two were going to get back together or not. That battle with Adam had apparently been too much for her.
And that was a real shame. Giles hadn't really had anybody in his life. At least, not since Miss Calendar had died. And that nearly killed him. Seeing him happy with Olivia had been great. And Willow so wanted all of her friends to be happy like she is.
"What are you thinking?" The sweet sound of her girlfriend's voice made her gaze go from the tall green grass to that oh so beautiful face. "You look deep in thought."
Willow smiled. There was one thing in this world that she knew for sure. She had told Tara it many times. They were meant to be. And they would always be together. "Sorta, I guess." She sighed, not being able to really put into words what she was feeling. "I guess, the scoobies."
Tara smiled her shy smile. "You hoping they are as happy as we are right now?"
Willow quickly made her way next to the blonde wicca. "That would be wonderful for them. We've all been through so much since Buffy came to town. And I'm not blaming her. It was fate. Fate that I was born and raised on a hellmouth. Fate that Buffy just happens to be the slayer. Fate that the slayer would go where she was needed the most. It's all fate."
"And what about us?" Tara's smile grew a little. "Was it fate that we ended up together as well?"
"That wasn't just fate." Willow put her hand on the blonde's cheek. "That was how it was written in the stars. It was written long before we were even born. The two of us being together was definitely something that neither of us could change. We are like two halves that make a whole. And I'm so glad that we are." Now she leaned in for a quick kiss.
They both sighed as they could hear the nearby church bells tolling the hour. They didn't have long until their next meeting with the coven. They both liked the group made mostly of women. But it would mean they wouldn't be alone anymore. And the two of them simply adored being with only one another.
"It's almost time for class." That's what Tara had dubbed the whole coven thing. It was like another class the two of them were taking. Her eyes fell from Willow's. "I know that the fall is still a long way off, but I was wondering something."
Willow straightened. Tara's tone was a little more serious than she had been expecting. "What is it, Sweeite?"
Tara still couldn't seem to make eye contact with her girlfriend. "I was wondering about, um, where we were going to, uh, live next semester. I m-mean, are you going to stay with Buffy? Or..."
"Or are we going to live with one another?" Willow smiled as Tara still wouldn't look her in the eyes. Gently, she put her hand underneath the blonde's chin. As slowly as she could, she forced Tara to look into her emerald eyes. "I'm surprised that you even have to ask what I want."
Tara again tried to look away, but Willow kept her firm grip on her chin, forcing her to keep looking into those beautiful eyes. "I know. You'll want to stay with Buffy. I just thought I'd ask. I need to make arrangements still. A-and..."
She was cut off by Willow's lips on her own. They lingered for several minutes that way. "Now that I've got your complete attention." She smiled brightly. "I know that Buffy and I are best friends. And in the past, I always planned on living with Buffy. Even when we got older, I envisioned us at least living right next to each other. But..." She trailed off and kissed Tara lightly on the lips. Those kisses were so sweet tasting.
When they broke apart, Tara looked at Willow. She knew what Willow was going to say. But she needed to hear the words for herself. "But what?"
"Things have changed." The red head smiled so brightly. "I never thought I could feel this good. Things were always good before, but this is so much better. You and me are more than just girlfriends. We were meant to be. And I want to spend every last second of every last day in your arms. Since we can't really do that, I at least want to be as close to you as possible. And that means that the two of us are going to live together. Where, I'm not sure. But as long as the two of us are together, I don't care where it is."
Tara smiled. "I was hoping that you would say that." She just couldn't keep herself from Willow's lips. They tasted as sweet as vine ripened strawberries. And were so intoxicating. Both women were losing track of time. When Tara finally pulled back, she didn't have the happy face that Willow thought that she might have.
"Something wrong?" Willow became very worried. "Did I do something wrong? You don't want us living together, do you?"
Tara shook her head. "It's not that. I'm sorry. It's just that, well, we still have my issues to deal with. My birthday is only a few months away. We don't have that long to..."
She was silenced by the red head's finger gently placed on her lips. "I know we haven't known each other a year yet. But we've already been through a lot in that time. I'm dealing with my inner demons now. Maybe, maybe you're family is wrong. You've told me they weren't that nice to you. Maybe, they are just saying that you will turn into a demon. Or, maybe we need to find out more about this. We are here with a lot of other powerful witches. Maybe one of them can help, if you trust them enough to tell them your secret. Or maybe it is time that we tell the gang what's going on."
Tara shrugged. There were so many possibilities. She wasn't sure which one was the right one. She loved Willow with all of her heart. But she wasn't sure if her friends really accepted the blonde as one of them. She still felt like such an outsider most of the time.
"I know that there are a lot of things that could be. Or might be. Or, whatever." Willow took the blonde into a hug. "Just know one thing, we are here together. We are always going to be together. We can face the end of the world as long as we are together. Nothing can change that fact. I love you way too much."
Tara smiled and let herself melt into the hold that Willow had on her. They just held each other for what seemed like forever. In fact, it was a little too long. The church bells tolling the hour broke them out of the embrace.
"We are so in trouble." Willow quickly gathered up their picnic supplies. Tara helped as best as she could. "We really should get back. And now. You know how Mrs. Hardgrove feels about us being late."
The two women hurried across the hillside. It took them ten minutes to get the coven. Which made them almost twenty minutes late. A group full of people stared at them. A woman with gray hair stared the hardest.
"You two should know better." The voice was stern. But there was also a gentleness about it as well. "We've been waiting for you two."
"We're sorry." Willow, followed by Tara, quickly took their seats in the front of the old style school house. "It was just so beautiful and we lost track of time and we're really sorry and we promise it won't happen again."
"You're right, it won't." Both girls looked at each other and than at Mrs. Hardgrove. "I received this telegram today. You two are needed back in the states. Mr. Giles wouldn't go into detail, but there seems to be something that only the two of you can handle. I really wish that you wouldn't leave now. You two have come so far. But you've still so much to learn."
"Well," Willow hesitated. "Maybe it's not that bad. Or maybe we can come back. Something."
"You'd best get in contact with Mr. Giles." Mrs. Hardgrove sighed. "I'm afraid that you will not be able to attend this final class. That's how urgent whatever it is seems to be."
Willow and Tara again exchanged looks. "I'm sorry. I hope that we get to come back. I learned so much from you and the others. I just hope it's enough."
Both women slowly made their way back to Giles' cottage. They walked hand in hand and in silence. Both women had this sudden feeling of dread. Like something really bad was happening back home. Something that they needed to be there for.
When they got to the door, there was a telegram taped to the door. Willow took it off. Both women made their way inside and sat down next to each other on the sofa. They held hands as they read the words.
You must come at once. I'm sorry for the briefness of this. And the fact that you have to stop the coven. But something is going on back in Sunnydale. Buffy has been injured. She will recover. But things are getting worse. And we don't know what is behind all of it. The council is of no help. Please, come at once.
Willow stared at the yellow piece of paper. Buffy had gotten hurt? What about Xander? And there was this new big bad in town. Why was it important that she and Tara come back. Could it have to do with something magicks?
"I'll make the call to the airport. You start packing." Willow jumped off of the sofa and grabbed the telephone. The first flight wouldn't be for another two hours. "I'm calling Giles." The phone at his apartment rang and rang. "What is going on?" She now dialed Xander's number. Again, there was no answer. Finally, she tried Buffy's number.
Mrs. Summers answered the phone. "Hello? Mr. Giles, is that you? Buffy?"
"It's Willow." The red head didn't like the sound of the older woman's voice. "What's going on?"
"You don't know?" Willow could hear Joyce's voice begin to crack. "There apparently was this group of three that were trying to open the hellmouth. Buffy stopped them, but she got her arm broke and she had a concussion. But there were still signs of the hellmouth opening. Giles and Buffy went to the old school last night. I haven't heard from them since."
Sign up to rate and review this story