Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

31

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2146 words

0Unrated
Willow's heart wouldn't stop beating fast. Ever since they'd talked to Buffy's mother, there was no calming down the red head. And she was worried about that. One of the things they'd both learned while in England was how tied into their powers their emotions are. She was afraid of doing something seeing that her emotions were so on edge.
The taxi pulled up in front of the Summer's house. Willow quickly payed the driver and both she and Tara ran to the front door. Willow practically knocked the door down she pounded so hard. In an instant, Joyce was standing before them. Her face looked haggard.
The two witches quickly made their way into the living room. "Still no word from either?" Willow asked, not being able to hide her worry. Tara slipped her hand into the red head's. That was their natural thing when one needed strength or comforting.
Joyce shook her head. It appeared that she was near tears. "It's been two days. I don't know where they are. I've searched everywhere I can think of. So have Xander and his girlfriend Anya. It was weird, but Spike was helping out as well."
"What about Riley?" Willow looked at Tara. Her face was that of one that was worried as well. "Has he been able to use any of his old commando contacts?"
Again, Joyce shook her head. "They won't even acknowledge his existence. We are on our own, I'm afraid. Riley has been searching night and day since they went missing. He's blaming himself for not going with them."
"I've been sorta blaming myself for not being here." Willow shook her head. "If I hadn't gotten so dang out of control." She felt Tara squeeze her hand. "But I'm here now." She turned to Tara. "I know my control isn't at it's best right now, with the high emotions and all, but I think we have no option but to try and do a locator spell. What do you think?"
Tara sighed. Willow had come so far in her struggle with control. Even Tara didn't realize how little control she herself had. It had been a wonderful trip to England. Especially since the two of them had gotten to spend a lot of alone time together. "We have to do what we have to do. W-we'll just have to be extra careful, that's all."
Willow nodded in agreement. She turned back to Joyce who had a confused look on her face. "Remember, I'm a witch. So is Tara. We might have a way to find them. But I've had problems with control in the past. That's the only drawback that I can see at the moment. But I think it is for the best." Joyce nodded. "We'll need some supplies. I hate to ask, but can we borrow your car. It'll be faster that way."
"Of course." Joyce walked over to her purse and pulled out the keys. "I'd offer to drive, but I want to be here in case she calls. I need to be here just incase."
"We'll find her." Willow hugged Joyce tightly. "I promise you that." It wasn't long before they had gathered all the supplies. They were back in the Summers' living room. Xander, Anya, and Spike had also gathered. It was indeed the strangest thing. Spike was almost a willing member of the scooby gang. Riley was still out searching on his own. "This shouldn't take much. And I've tried to focus. Tara." The blonde stepped into the circle with her. There was a map of Sunnydale lying between them.
A few little words later, and there was nothing. It appeared that neither Giles or Buffy existed anymore. At least they didn't exist on the same plane as everyone else.
"Are you sure the two of you did that right?" Xander looked from Tara to Willow. "You have been known to have spells go all kerplewy before."
Willow stared at Xander. "This is not one of those times. I'm telling you, something happened. Something magical. I think they've been sent to another dimension. And if that's true, we've got to figure out which one and how to get them back."
"But how are we going to do that when we don't know what kind of magicks were used?" Anya spoke up.
"I'm working on it. Give me some time." Willow was flipping through a couple of books at the same time. "I can get it, I know that I can."
"But time is not something they may have." Xander stood in front of Willow.
"Don't you think I know that?" Willow shook her head. "Don't you think I think about the fact that if I'd been here and instead of in rehab, I might have been able to stop, or at least help with whatever happened. Don't you think I've been blaming myself all the way from England. And it's a long trip, let me tell you. It started off as a nice romantic trip with a little bit of business to do. And than, I get the telegram. And than, I call home and find out Buffy and Giles are both missing. Don't you think I've been kicking myself all the way from England." Tears were forming in the corners of the red head's eyes.
"Will, I'm sorry." Xander swallowed hard. He wrapped his best friend into a big ole hug. "I'm sorry to put all this added pressure on you. I'm just worried about them both. And not knowing is the hardest thing of all."
"It's cool Xander." She pulled out of the hug and smiled at him. "I'm worried too." She looked into his eyes for a moment. "Oh, why didn't I think of this before." She turned to Tara. "It might just work. If we can find where they were last at." She turned to Joyce. "You said that they went to the old school, right?"
"That's right." Joyce wasn't understanding.
"Well, Tara and I might be able to trace whatever magicks were used if we can find the place that they were taken from." She turned to Xander. "You still got your car?"
"Sure." He looked at Willow. "We on a road trip? To the old stomping grounds of Sunnydale High?"
"Yeah." It wasn't long before all five of them were standing out side the burnt remains of the high school. Willow couldn't help but flash back to when she and Oz broke up. It was a sad memory. Even though she had found the person that she was meant to be with always, it still hurt a little. But it had been for the best for both of them.
"So, either of you sensing anything?" Spike moved carefully in and out of the debris. "I'd say we best make this quick. This place doesn't look the soundest."
Xander turned to Spike. "Not that I don't like having a guy that can beat up on demons here, but why are you here?"
He shrugged. "Nothing on the telly. I figured I'd help you losers out, that's all."
"Right." Xander turned his attention to the two witches. "So, as Spike asked, you two sensing anything?"
Willow looked like she was concentrating hard. Out of instinct, she took Tara's hand in her own. "I think I am." The two walked a little with their eyes closed. It was like they were working off a sixth sense or something. "This way." Their pace quickened and the others followed. "Here." Willow's eyes widened when she opened them again. "Not here!"
Xander looked around. "This is so not of the good."
"What?" Both Anya and Spike asked at the same time.
"This is the hellmouth." Willow squeezed Tara's hand tighter for comfort and support. "This is where the biggest bads try to break through to our reality. Buffy and Giles could be in hell right now."
And in fact, they are. Buffy was busy fighting off some type of demon. Which proved rather difficult with her left arm broken and in a cast. Giles was already knocked unconscious. She had already killed five demons. Her strength wasn't going to hold out much longer.
Back at the hellmouth, Willow and Tara were trying to do another locator spell. But this wasn't a locator spell like they had tried before. It was that much more powerful. It was a locator spell to locate someone in another dimension.
Before they could get started, they heard a familiar British voice. "You needn't bother with the spell ladies. I can tell you where they are." Ethan Rayne made his way out of the shadows. "But it won't do you a bit of good. Only I know how to bring them back. And I'm not quite ready for that."
Willow rushed over to Ethan. "I suggest that you tell me where they are and how to get them back. Or I may just get a little cranky."
"And that's supposed to scare me somehow?" Ethan shook his head and laughed. "I remember you back at Halloween. Granted it has been almost three years. But the girl I knew couldn't harm anything." He smiled really big.
Willow's eyes instantly turned black. "Let's just say that I've done a little growing up since than. Again, I suggest you tell me what I want to know. I'm already getting a little cranky." A lightening bolt landed only a foot away from Ethan.
He stared at the ground as it continued to sizzle where she had sent the lightening bolt. He swallowed hard and looked back at Willow with a new respect in his eyes. "I wish I could help you. It seems that the spell that I used, it was a time thing. They will come back on their own. If they're still alive."
Willow was instantly face to face with Ethan. "You had better hope that they are. My control is kinda weakening. And you can ask Spike there what I'm like when I don't have my control. That lightening bolt struck exactly where I intended it to. I wonder if we shouldn't paint a bull's eyes on your forehead. That way we can see how good my control and aim really are."
Ethan tried to back away from Willow but tripped over a half of a wall. He was lying on his back looking up at the witch. Her eyes had returned to their natural green color. But he could still feel the power surrounding her. "You have grown quite a bit, haven't you?"
"When exactly is this supposed to wear off?" Willow eyed the Englishman with a great deal of hate.
"Tonight at midnight." Ethan swallowed. Even now that she had returned to normal, she was still someone to be frightened of. "I'll stay and make sure that everything is all right."
"You do that." She turned her back on him. "If not, I'll snap your neck and let Spike slowly drain you of all your blood. How does that sound." Tara's eyes were huge. Until Willow gave her a little wink. A look of relief rushed over the blonde. Willow pulled her into a hug and whispered into her ear. "I don't know how bad guys are so bad. It's making my tummy rumbly."
Tara whispered back. "Need to go back to your house? Midnight is still a couple hours away."
"No." Willow pulled out of the very pleasing hug. "I want to be here when it happens. But I don't want to wait here. Let's go to Xander's car."
She and Tara sat in the back. Spike was doing a mini patrol around the school. Xander and Anya were sitting on the bench that Willow had sat on while she waited for Oz that night she broke up with him. It wasn't long before Willow had drifted off to sleep. The trip from England and all the spells had gotten to her.
She could see Buffy, clear as day. Giles was lying at her feet, unconscious. The slayer was battling several demons at one time. And she was barely holding her own. All the demons were attacking at once. The blonde was doing her best to hold them off. But one handed fighting was a distinct disadvantage.
That's when on demon grabbed Buffy and held her in its arms. Another demon got a hold of Giles. The two were being held, looking like they were on display. Buffy still kicked and tried to get free. But it was no use. The demons had them and there was nothing that Willow's best friend could do about it.
She felt this power building up inside of her. She tried hard to control it, but it just zapped out of her. Willow watched in horror as she sent this huge fireball at Buffy and her former watcher. Willow couldn't hold back the screams.
Sign up to rate and review this story