Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Untitled

Phone Call

by I_am_Me 2 reviews

Julius phones and Delilah gets P.O.'d at him.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 643 words - Complete

2Exciting
a/n: As requested, a longer chapter and if I think of anything to add to earlier chapters, I will.

I miss you. Talk to you soon.
Luv,
Delilah


Delilah hit Send on the e-mail. It had been a month since she'd left. Not five seconds later her cell phone rang.
"Hello?" Delilah answered.
"Hey, De. I recieved your e-mail," Julius said.
"Already? But I just sent it," Delilah replied, then realised something. "Julius, it's seven a.m. here, which means it's four a.m. there. What are you doing up? You don't need to be up until seven a.m.!" (a/n: I'm guessing with the time zones and when they need to be up.)
"I know, but I haven't been sleeping that well since you've left," Julius replied, unconcerned.
"Julius," Delilah began warningly. "What's your average now?"
Julius hesitated. "Um, a fifty-eight?" he said sheepishly.
"Julius! You were pulling an eighty-five before I," Delilah trailed off. "Wait, you're getting less than when I'm there? Why?"
"Um," Julius said, then mumbled something about not being able to concentrate.
"So basically, you need me for you to focus?" Delilah asked.
"Um, yeah?" Julius replied.
"Awww, that's sweet," Delilah said, softening. "But you still need to get good grades while I'm gone." (a/n: Yes, I realise she sounds like a mom, but he needs her to help him make coffee for God's sake!)
"But I can't concentrate without you," Julius semi-whined. (a/n: And Julius sounds like a brat. Lol.)
"Okay, okay. How about this? You phone me at seven p.m., your time, during the school week so I can help you focus," Delilah suggested.
"Okay," Julius said, his voice brightening.
"How far behind are you?" Delilah asked, forgetting for a moment that it was four a.m. there.
"Um," Julius said, and proceeded to explain, with much hesitation, even though he had really tried to concentrate while she was gone, he had fallen behind after the first week.
Delilah took a deep breath. "Okay," she said, trying to be calm, "let's start at the beginning of the second week then."
They worked through Julius' homework for three hours.
"Um, De? As much as I love," Delilah's hopes rose, "you helping me," Delilah's hopes fell, "it's seven a.m. here and I need to start getting ready for class."
Delilah glanced quickly at the clock. Shit, it was ten a.m. She needed to get going.
"Oh, uh, right," she replied. "I need to get going as well. Nosey and I are due somewhere pretty soon and I still need to wake him up. Promise me that you'll at least try to go to sleep on time."
"Okay, I promise," Julius said, knowing it wouldn't happen. Not as long as Delilah was in France and he was stuck at the Academy. "I'll call you at seven. I miss you, bye."
"Bye," Delilah replied and hung up.
Delilah strode across the apartment to Nosey's bedroom. She knocked on the door. "Nosey, come on. It's ten a.m. and we need to be there by eleven thirty."
"Okay," Nosey replied sleepily. Delilah heard a loud thump. Nosey must have fallen out of bed, again. A few minutes later Nosey appeared in the doorway, fully dressed.
"Ready?" Delilah asked, smirking slightly. "Did you fall out of the bed again?"
"Yeah," Nosey said, embarrassed. "I don't understand how people can sleep on anything less than a king."
"They're used to it," Delilah replied. "Come on, we need to catch the Metro."
"Okay," Nosey said.
They exited their apartment block onto the street.
"How's Julius?" Nosey asked.
"He's fine. He apparently isn't sleeping well, though," Delilah replied.
"Oh," Nosey said.
They spent the rest of the trip to their destination talking about Julius.

(a/n: This chapter was three and a half written pages, it's getting longer!)
Sign up to rate and review this story