Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > She Will Be Loved

Prologue

by sin_king 0 reviews

Riku is what could be considered the perfect brother to his younger sister Kairi. However, a problem in that arises when Kairi gets a boyfriend that catches her brother's eye. Now Riku must strugg...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Ansem, Kairi, Riku, Sora - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 1354 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Song by Maroon 5. Don't sue. Kingdom Hearts property of Square enix. Don't sue.

A/N:I'm not overly crazy about Kairi but I won't completely bash her. The story will follow the plot of the video to the song with a few twists.

Pairings: SK, eventual RS, surprise pairing

----------------------------------------
Riku was a god. At least that is what he was to his younger sister, Kairi. Riku was Kairi's older brother and as such he was always there for her, no matter how ugly the situation was he was always by her side. But it wasn't just his actions that made him a god; to other girls his looks justified that. The young man of 18 had stunning green eyes that couldn't possibly be compared to anything in nature. Add to that his unusual hair the color of silver falling in an unruly mop yet soft as silk to the touch, and last but certainly not least was his body, lean figure yet chiseled muscles gave him a definitive masculine look.

Beauty queen of only eighteen She had some trouble with herself He was always there to help her She always belonged to someone else

Riku however, was never interested in the many drooling females; his only duty was to his 17-year-old sister. The petite redhead looked vulnerable, not only in stature but it was reflected in her vibrant blue eyes. Life had been tough to both of them despite the outside mask that they were happy little rich kids. Kairi as the youngest had suffered emotionally and was still trying to rebuild her life little by little. Thus their pasts were never discussed and the show went on the same "happy" track.

I drove for miles and miles And wound up at your door I've had you so many times but somehow I want more

At one time Kairi had become so depressed that she had run away and locked her emotions and everything human away to keep herself from getting hurt. Unfortunately, she had also locked out Riku and nearly destroyed them both. To Riku's relief Kairi snapped out of it long enough to let him back into her heart and form there he began to help her back to the happy child she once had been, all the while ignoring the huge pain in his own heart.

I don't mind spending everyday Out on your corner in the pouring rain Look for the girl with the broken smile Ask her if she wants to stay awhile And she will be loved She will be loved

Riku had managed to get her to open up a little more and she now looked happier than he had even seen her. When he questioned her on it she would simply smile mysteriously and walk off. He was feeling left out of the loop but hoped that his backing off the subject would encourage her to open up soon. At the same time he was going through change as well. He was now in a relationship and as much as he was infatuated with his lover he still felt that something was missing.

Tap on my window knock on my door I want to make you feel beautiful I know I tend to get insecure It doesn't matter anymore

But through it all he pushed his insecurities and depression aside for his sister's sake as he saw the huge change in her demeanor and confidence. Where as before she was reserved and meek, she now would initiate conversations and suggest going out, just as long as what they did was "normal" and did not involve any of the people of the high-class set. "Riku?" Riku's head snapped up as a quiet voice called him from his musings. "What is it Kairi?"

It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along My heart is full and my door's always open You can come anytime you want

The redheaded girl looked around the spacious living room of their home as she shifted from foot to foot. Riku raised an eyebrow at the peculiar behavior but waited for his sister to speak. Kairi stopped fidgeting and looked up into the smoldering green eyes of her older sibling and felt his affection for her radiate from those irises and give her the courage to speak. Kairi smiled softly and walked over to Riku and stood at his side then leaned over and gave him a hug. Riku felt mildly stunned to have her display affection so suddenly but didn't complain as he returned the hug.

I don't mind spending everyday Out on your corner in the pouring rain Look for the girl with the broken smile Ask her if she wants to stay awhile And she will be loved She will be loved

They pulled apart and Kairi asked, "You said you would support anything that would make me happy right?" "Yes," Riku replied carefully as he searched the girl's eyes for any hint of her intentions. Kairi smiled again and said, "I've met someone, I want you to meet him tomorrow." "Oh," Riku said at a loss for anything else to say. "Where are you meeting?" "Well, his parents are well off so we agreed to meet at the country club. What do you think? Please say yes Riku!" Kairi pleaded with sad eyes. Riku only stared.

I know where you hide Alone in your car Know all of the things that make you who you are I know that goodbye means nothing at all Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she falls

The next day found Riku sitting at the bar of the country club waiting for Kairi who was waiting for her mystery man at the front. Riku went over all possible outcomes and felt a little uneasy with the fact that his sister had found someone. As he mused he felt someone take the seat beside him and unconsciously he looked up at the intruder. He felt his eyes grow wide as he encountered a gorgeous vision. A young man sat beside him with a mop of short brown hair that fell in thick locks while the rest flew wildly about his head. His lean and slightly feminine form moved gracefully as he ordered a drink then looked around. When his head turned, Riku found himself pole axed as his eyes locked with shockingly beautiful ones, the wide irises were an electric blue color.

Tap on my window knock on my door I want to make you feel beautiful I don't mind spending everyday Out on your corner in the pouring rain Look for the girl with the broken smile Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

The beautiful boy saw his expression and blinked in surprise as he took it in. However, he nearly gasped out loud as he took in the rest of the gawking stranger. Sophisticated features, stunning eyes, unique hair and a gorgeous body. The brunet shook himself mentally and cleared his throat nervously to stop himself from admiring the silver haired boy further.

And she will be loved And she will be loved And she will be loved And she will be loved

"Um, sorry, is there something wrong?" Riku shook his head and straightened further in an attempt to cover up his embarrassment at being caught staring. "No, I'm very sorry for staring it's just that..." "Sora!" a familiar voice called out, both boys turned their heads and found themselves looking at a surprised Kairi.

(Please don't try so hard to say good-bye)
I don't mind spending everyday (Don't try so hard to say good-bye)
Out on your corner in the pouring rain (Don't try so hard to say good-bye)

"Oh good...you've met," she said a little uncertainly before smiling and saying, "Riku, this is my boyfriend Sora, Sora this is my brother Riku." Neither boy said a word as they only regarded each other in a moment frozen in time. A feeling passed between them and left them with a million questions as they continued to stare in silence.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story