Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

45

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2164 words

0Unrated
The big battle had taken place. And yet again there were no big time injuries to speak of. And Willow and Tara survived the biggest explosion since they blew up the school. Now everyone, especially Giles was wondering how.
"It's no big deal." Willow sat leaning her head on Tara's shoulder on Giles' couch and holding her hand at the same time. "It just came to us. We survived. What's the big deal?"
Giles rolled his eyes. "You know very well what the big deal is. Magicks can be dangerous. Are you sure that you were not tapping into the dark magicks?"
Willow sighed. It had been nearly an hour of nonstop questions from Giles and the rest of the gang. It was getting to be too much. "Listen. Seriously. We had a plan all along. We knew what we wanted to do. We had to use the dark magicks of Evil Riley against him. We basically deflected any attack that he tried on us. And as a result, his own dark magicks that were borrowed we think from Amy, came back on him. Hence, the big time explosion."
Giles took off his glasses and began cleaning them. He knew that there was more to the story than the girls were letting him in on. "And what about how you survived? It wasn't the simply blocking of the power as you like to say it."
"No, it wasn't." Willow looked him in the eye. "That's why when Buffy asked how we survived, I told her magick and love." She kept her head on Tara's shoulder. The contact was the only thing making her comfortable at the moment. "When we knew that there was going to be an explosion, we tapped into one another. And we put up a barrier spell. One that was strengthened by the fact that we love each other more than anything in the world. And that's the basics of how we defeated Evil Riley. But not at a price. We couldn't save the real Riley." She turned to look at her best friend. But she could tell from one look that it wasn't really affecting her like it should. "Are you all right, Buffy?"
"Hmm?" Buffy turned towards the witch. "Yeah, I'm fine. At least, I think I am. Just really weird. I didn't have to be the one doing the heroics this time. It was you and your girl."
Willow smiled. "We were lucky. If our love for one another wasn't as strong as it is, we probably never would have survived. And that's just a little scary." She sighed heavily. "And I'm kinda beat from all the magicks and stuff." She turned towards Giles. "Since there seems to be no one at the moment taking up the bad guy fight, can Tara and I get out of here?"
"Yes," Giles smiled. He knew what it was like to be young and in love. And the two were definitely in love. "I dare say that we could all use a little down time."
"Well, me and Anya are gonna have that special evening we've had planned for a while." Xander smiled at the knowing looks that everyone shot him. "What?" He shrugged. "Like Willow and Tara aren't going to go home and have wild monkey sex."
"Hey!" Anya smacked Xander on the back of the head. "I'm supposed to be the one to say that."
Buffy walked over closer to her redheaded friend. "I don't want to bother you Will, but tomorrow, could we talk sometime? There's something that's kinda been, well weighing on me a little and I think it's time for the best friend talk."
"Sure, Buff." Willow finally got up from her nice place next to Tara. "Anytime you want. Well, school's of the issue, but you know what I mean."
"Yeah, I know what you mean." Buffy swooped in and hugged her best friend. "Don't ever scare me like that again. You hear me miss all powerful witch?"
Willow laughed. "Hey, can't help it if there are times when a slayer just doesn't cut it. Sometimes you need someone with real power."
"Just one more question that I think we've forgotten to ask." Buffy could see the look on Willow's face. "What exactly did happen to Amy?"
Now Willow smiled big. "Rat again."


It was still dark out, lucky for the vampire. He had watched the whole reunion show go on. It made him sick to think how happy he was at the moment. And all because a certain slayer was now happy that her two friends hadn't been killed.
"Bloody hell." He pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his shirt pocket. A thought entered his mind how Buffy would not like the fact that he was smoking. "Oh this is sodding ridiculous." He sighed heavily and crumpled the pack and threw it to the ground. "I have so got to do something about this."
He took in his surroundings. There wasn't much around him at Willy's Place. Some of the demons had tried to make a point of how he wasn't their kind and wasn't welcome there. But he had made his point much more effectively and had left a fairly bloody mess of the bar. On that thought, he grinned. At least he could still have some spot of violence. "Bloody damn chip in my head. If I didn't have this bloody thing, things would be different."
A thought suddenly occurred to him. It wasn't the best idea he had ever had. But it would make things better. If only he could possibly survive, that is. It would definitely be worth it.
He noticed one of the demons that he had had fun earlier with had keys on his belt. He grabbed the keys. "Motorcycle. Excellent. That'll get me part of the way that I need to go."
Slowly, he made his way to where all the vehicles were parked. There were only two motorcycles. He chose to try the red one first. The motor roared to life underneath him. "Priceless." He smiled big as he revved up the engine. "You get nice and comfy slayer. Things are gonna be different when I get back. You can count on it." He laid down a line of black as he took off.


"Willow?" Tara asked softly. They were in bed with one another. After making tender, we survived another apocalypse, type of love.
"What is it sweetie?" She rolled over to look into that sea of blue that she so easily got lost in.
"Are you still happy with me?" Tara kept her gaze steady. "I mean, when we first met, I was all shy and quiet and now, I think I'm more confident. I've changed."
"Yes, you have." Willow smiled big at her everything. "But so have I. We've grown a lot since we met. Think about it, you just turned twenty. We've now know each other a full two years. I'll be twenty in a couple short months. A lot can happen in two years. Good and bad. The good is that we found each other and aren't about to let one another go."
Tara smiled big. "I wasn't really worried. It just seems like both of us have gone through so many changes and so fast that I sometimes wonder where we're going to end up."
"With each other." Tara looked at the redhead. "That's the only thing that I'm sure of in this lifetime. That you and are meant to be together. Why do you think that spell worked so well that defeated the big bad? It's because we are as one. We think as one. And we will always be as one. The world may end, but when it does, we'll still be together, loving one another."
Tara smiled big. "You are ever the romantic, aren't you?"
Willow shrugged. "Can't help what comes naturally. And you don't help matters. I jut want to make you happy so I'll do anything to keep that smile on your face."
"Anything?" Tara raised her eyebrows.
"You know it." Willow leaned in and gave her a deep tender kiss. "There is nothing I won't do for you. We belong together. I think we've proven that already, don't you?" Tara answered her with another kiss.


The van barely made it to a stop. But the red haired driver managed to stop it and kill the engine at the same time. It had been forever since he had been back in Sunnydale. It was time, though. And he needed some closure.
The door opened and Oz got out. He had already driven by Giles and only the watcher was there. He had asked that he not tell anyone else that he was back in town. Not yet anyways. He had asked how Willow was doing and Giles had simply said that she was happier than he had ever known her.
And that hurt a little. For part of the reason that he had come back was to see her. In the past two years, he had yet to meet anyone. Oh, there were other women. And there was even one that was a werewolf like himself. But no one that was special.
Not like his redheaded witch. But not his. Not anymore. Not for the longest of times. If she were truly happier than she had ever been than it was likely that she had found someone else.
Oz could not help but wonder if Xander and Willow had gotten together. After all, that is what did break them up for a while before he decided that he could not live without her. But than things started falling apart again. Mostly because of the darn band. All that time away was not a good thing.
He made his way to the door. Hopefully Devon would be able to come through and put him up for a couple nights. At least till he got to see Willow. And to see if she were seeing anyone.
The thought made him growl. He would have to be careful not to lose control over the wolf. While gone, he had indeed learned how to control the wolfiness inside of him. And now that he could control that, perhaps he could have a chance with his forever.


The monitors began beeping wildly. Something was definitely wrong. Or was it? The girl looked around her and realized that she was in the hospital. She didn't know how long she had been here, but that would be easy to find out.
She ripped the IV out of her hand. She had places to go and people to see. The nurse came in at that moment. "Uh, miss? Where do you think you are going?"
The girl answered her with a hand at her throat. "What day is it? How long have I been stuck here?"
"It's..." Before she could answer, the nurse passed out from lack of oxygen.
"Damn!" Faith looked around the room. There was a newspaper on the stand by her bed. "Damn! It's been two and a half years!" She tossed the newspaper back down. She quickly made her way over to the nurse. It didn't take long for her to remove the nurses clothing and put them on.
"The boys always did like it when I dressed up as nurse." Faith made her way out of the hospital. Even though it had been so long that she lay in a coma, her muscles seemed to be just fine. Must be that slayer thing. "I wonder what one tight assed bitch and her friends are up to right about now."
There were only two places that she could remember. Giles' was closer so she made her way there. She could not tell what time it was but she knew that morning was not far away.
First she looked into the darkened living room. Just as she had thought, there was no one there. "Another big surprise." She sighed heavily. "Where are you, B."
"If you aren't with your watcher, you must be with your mother." Faith began the small trek to Buffy's house. "Although, you could be college girl. Wonder if you have a dorm room or anything. That'd be interesting."
Faith climbed up to Buffy's bedroom window. Not that she had done it many times before, but she still remembered how. She peered in and sure enough. "Miss thing," she whispered to herself. "Either no college or home for the night." She sat herself on the window ledge staring as Buffy lay sleeping. "Payback is gonna be a bitch, B!" She let her thoughts go through her mind. "One way to pay you back. Hurt the ones you love just the way that you hurt the one that I cared about."
She noticed Buffy begin tossing and turning and even could hear her moaning. "That's right, girl. There's trouble on the way. And with a capital F."
Sign up to rate and review this story