Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

46

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1781 words

0Unrated
There were sounds all around the cave, but one deep voice kept echoing the loudest. Spike thought it was strange how he'd been able to get to Africa so fast. But when you use a shaman to teleport you, anything is possible.
"You think you are worthy?" That deep voice thundered throughout the cave once again. It rattle the stalactites violently nearly sending them shattering down from the roof of the cave.
"You betch your ass I'm worthy." Spike looked around him. There was still no sign of the owner of the voice and it was making him a little nervous. He was a warrior after all and he liked to be able to see what exactly he was fighting. Or not fighting depending on the scenario.
"Very well, vampire." The voice nearly knocked him to the ground this time. "We'll see if you are ready as you think you are. Prepare for the first test."
"Bring it bloody well on!" Spike was getting tired of all the talk. He was definitely one for the action. And once he got what he came for, Buffy would not help but look at him in a different light. "Time to make those changes, bitch!"
That's when he heard the sparks coming from behind him. He turned to see a warrior standing before him. At least, that was the way he would describe him. He appeared to be half man, half demon. But what was catching Spike's eyes were his fists. They were sparking heavily. And before too long, those fists were on fire. And the flames kept growing and growing.
"Bloody hell!" Spike yelled as he dodged the first fist.

Buffy suddenly sat up in bed. That had to have been the strangest dream she had ever had. It started out with her and Spike fighting some kind of beasty together. And it ended up with the two of them making out. And that wasn't the strange part. She actually really enjoyed the making out part.
The strange part was the fact that Faith had shown up. She and Buffy and fought. Spike had tried to help and the rogue slayer had dusted him for the distraction. And than, she turned on Buffy with the eviliest look she had ever seen in someone's eyes. And than, there was the nothing. Faith had won.
She looked at the clock. It was past six thirty and the time that she was supposed to have met Willow so that they could have the talk. The talk about her first part of her dream. The part that she had enjoyed a little too much.
Not taking any time to really get ready, she grabbed her coat and made her way as fast as she could. She found the redheaded witch looking at the clock on The Espresso Pump's wall. They had decided that coffees and not a loud gyrating band were in order for this girl talk time.
"Hey Buffy!" Willow said excitedly. It had been forever since the two of them had any alone time. She herself was always wrapped up in Tara. And now that they didn't share a room, it was harder to do the talking thing. "I know that look. Something big is going on."
"Well, it could be nothing." Buffy shrugged. "Or it could have been one of my dreams." Willow's face immediately took on a look of concern. "But there is something I want to talk about before we get into my whole dream weirdness that is me."
"Whatever you want." Willow smiled at her friend. "I'm of the good, so it's whatever you need."
Buffy smiled at her friend. "I take it married life is treating you rather well."
Willow smiled even bigger. "Married life is treating me very extremely oh my god I can't believe how good it's treating me. But you're changing the subject. Stopped doing that. I want the juicy details that is your life."
Again, Buffy could not help but smile. Willow is and forever would be the sweetest most caring person she had ever met. "Well, nothing too big." Her eyes darted to the mocha that Willow had had waiting for her.
"Liar, liar! Pants on fire." Willow giggled at what she said. "I can't believe I just said that. Geez, these good moods make me say the strangest things."
"You always say the strangest things." Buffy laughed at the look that Willow shot her. "Sorry, couldn't help it. You set yourself up so well with that one. Anyways..." She sighed heavily. Admitting this big thing to her friend was hard. Harder than she thought it was going to be. "I think I have feelings for Spike." Her gaze made it back to her mocha.
"So?" She looked up at the redhead's simple word. "I kinda noticed the looks that you two have been giving one another. And Spike never did like Riley." She got sad at the mention of the soldier. She was still sad that she and Tara could not save him. "And I know that look. You gave Angel that look. You never really did have that look for Riley."
Buffy sighed heavily. "Is it really that obvious?"
Willow shrugged. "I think only to a best friend and the best friend's wife that can kinda read auras and all. Other than that, I don't think Xander, Anya, or Giles have a clue. And I really don't think Spike does either. I think he was too preoccupied with dealing with his feelings for you." She thought for a moment. "I haven't seen him around lately. Where's he off to?"
"Not sure." Buffy shrugged for emphasis. "He never even said goodbye. I went to his crypt to see if he'd help on patrol and he was gone. I found some weird looking demon. Kinda one of those skin hanging really loose kind of demons. He said Spike just asked him to keep the crypt for him and he would be back. Just didn't know when."
"Well, now. That is weird." Willow looked at her best friend. "And I know that look. You miss him, don't you?"
Buffy smiled sheepishly. "I can't help it. I know he's all evil and the only thing that's preventing him from killing humans is the chip, but there's something about him. And he is damn sexy. Even you have to admit that."
Willow nodded. "There is something about him. Even me, who is into the ladies is happy to admit that. But he's not like Angel. In the sense that he doesn't have a soul. This is kinda complicated, now isn't it?" She smiled at her friend. "And you haven't even told me about your dream."
"Oh yeah!" Buffy sighed. "Well, it started off all of the good. In the sense that me and Spike were having the smoochies kinda good. And than Faith showed up. And she dusted Spike and she killed me. At least, everything went black so I'm assuming that meant I was dead."
"Faith?" Willow looked really worried. She remembered feeling the cold steel of that special knife against her throat. It wasn't the most pleasant of feelings at all. "Have you checked the hospital to see if she's still there?"
Buffy shook her head. "I never thought of doing that. In fact, I'm going to head over to Giles' now. You coming?"
Willow shook her head. "Plans later. Of the romantic variety. But I will call and check in, I promise."
Buffy smiled as she watched the redhead hurry out of The Espresso Pump. It was exactly what she wanted to do. Hurry out of there and find her way into the open arms of Spike. But that just wasn't right, was it?

Oz had had trouble finding where Willow was now staying. She wasn't at the dorms with Buffy, Buffy's mom hadn't known, and her parents were out of town on business. So it had taken him quite some time to find her apartment.
He stood outside for what seemed like forever. Finally, he got the courage to knock on the door. And that took a lot. He hadn't run across Xander or Giles. He didn't know if Willow had a new boyfriend and was living with him or exactly what was going on in her life. All he knew was that he knew he still wanted to be a part of it. So, he knocked.
A blond woman stood there when the door opened. He sighed internally in relief thinking that at least she wasn't living with a guy. That she must have a roommate. A roommate that wasn't Buffy was kinda strange. "Can I h-help you?" Tara recognized Oz from pictures that she kept of the two of them.
"Hi, my name is Oz." He looked around the blond to see if he could see Willow anywhere. "Willow Rosenberg lives here, right?" She nodded nervously. "Cool. It's just that I'm her, well, exboyfriend. And I just wanted to talk for a little bit. Is she here by chance." More wordy than usual. But this was something so different. And it was scary at the same time.
"Uh, W-Willow's with Buffy right now." She swallowed hard. "You can come in and wait for her. She and I had plans for tonight so she should be home soon."
"That's cool." Plans? They just must be really good friends. That's all. He slowly made his way in and sat on the couch. "So, how long have you two been living together?"
Tara eyed Oz nervously. She knew he was a werewolf. And she could not help but wonder if he was back for her wife. The woman that she was totally committed to. "For about six months."
"Wow! That's so cool." Oz glanced around the room. He noticed that most of the pictures on the wall and on the tables were of just the blond and Willow. Only a few that also included Xander and Buffy. "So, what's your name?"
"S-sorry." Tara smiled nervously. "Tara."
"Pretty name." He smiled at her. He could not help but wonder why she was so nervous. That's when the front door opened and Willow walked in.
She didn't even see Oz. She just made a beeline for her girl. And took her into a great big passionate kiss. Tara managed to break the kiss. Willow looked at her, wondering what was going on. Tara sighed. "Oz is here."
Willow turned around to see Oz. But it wasn't her Oz. It was an Oz she used to watch pacing around the library cage at night. "This is not good." That's when Oz growled and leapt at the two witches.
Sign up to rate and review this story