Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

47

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1758 words

0Unrated
There were so many burn marks across the vampire's body. And blood flowed freely from his nose and his right ear. And he stood slumped over. He looked up at the robed demon with the glowing blue eyes. An evil grin made it's way on to his face. "So, did I bloody well past the bloody test?"
There was silence for a few moments before the demon growled low in its throat. There was an echo throughout the cave as it spoke. "Yes, you have. So, what exactly is it that you wish, vampire? To be whole again?"
Spike managed to stand upright. "Bloody hell yes! That girl is gonna see a change in me. I need her to see a change in me. I want this change more than anything. If only so that I can be with her in every way possible."
The laughter from the demon shook the entire cave. "You, vampire are naive. You think that by doing this that you can make the girl love you? Humans just don't simply work that way. You cannot force love when it is not there. And if this is the reason, you should so be warned. You are dealing with something more powerful than you could ever imagine. It will change you. And not necessarily for the better."
Spike simply shrugged. "Whatever. I fought hard and I earned the right to do this. So, work the mojo. Do what you have to make me as I was before."
The demon's hand glowed as it made its way back to the vampire's chest. "Very well than. You wish it. And here it is. I return your soul."
Spike howled in pain as the glowing hand touched his chest. And the glowing grew and grew. Before long it enveloped his entire chest and made it's way to his eyes. He managed to mutter between the screaming, "the bitch is gonna see a change."
**
Faith took in her surroundings. Sunnydale high had certainly changed since she had last been there. And so had other things. She had spent the time that she had been awake spying on the scoobies. Xander was with this Anya chick, who she gathered was an exdemon. Willow was now batting for the other team and was with a fellow witch named Tara. Giles was as alone as ever. And Buffy was alone.
And that made her smile. Buffy suffering and alone was a very pleasant thought indeed. Or was it. She shook her head. Where the hell had that come from. The bitch had stabbed her. Had tried to kill her just so that she could cure her boyfriend that she was now no longer with. And it had ended up costing the rogue slayer valuable time. And her boss. The mayor was gone. Who in the hell did she have now?
Slowly, she walked the burnt remains of the old school. Even being in the state it was she could recognize the familiar spots. Like the water fountain that she had met Scott Hope at. And the gymnasium that had served her well when she had got that jerk back for dumping B. And of course there was the cafeteria where she had nearly ripped off the redheaded witch's arm.
She hadn't gone to the school, but she had spent so much time there. Especially in the library. She remembered all those scooby meetings. How they had tried to make her feel a part of the group. But she never could feel that way. All her life she had been an outsider. And she just couldn't open up to anyone. Especially not Queen B.
The library hit her the hardest. It really was where all her memories were of the scoobies. She remembered that battle that had been so big. She had fought so well beside Buffy that day. And they had kicked major league ass. It was the greatest feeling ever to have defeated something so big. And with Buffy right by her side.
But than, the deputy mayor thing had happened. And that's when everything had gone bad. Or was it before that? B had tried to stay by her side. Why hadn't she let the other slayer help her out? She just couldn't understand. Why had she so easily turned to the darkside. Was there something wrong with her? And she remembered how Angel had tried helping her. But those damn council people had interrupted. Had they not, could things have been different for her?
Suddenly, she sat on the floor, head buried in her hands. Tears streaming down her face. She had been so evil. She had killed a human by accident. But that wasn't her fault. The way she had mutilated that demon. And taken pleasure in nearly killing Angel. And the feeling she had gotten when she had held that special knife against Willow's throat. And of course when she had been fighting Buffy. Taking her out would have been so wonderful. Or, would it?
But that wasn't the real her, was it? She couldn't possibly be that evil, could she? She sighed heavily. What was going on? Was this all because she had been out of commission for so long? Or was she finally have remorse for all that she had done. She wiped the tears from her eyes, anger suddenly filling her up again. B needed to pay.
A stray thought went through her mind. 'You don't have to do this Faith. You could ask for help. You don't have to go down this path again. They'll still be there for you'. "Fuck that!" Faith shouted into the air. "Bitch needs to pay." She stormed off intent on finding the blond slayer. And when she found her, the bitch would know a new level of pain.
**
"Oz!" Willow screamed as she tackled Tara to the ground. He landed where her wife had stood just seconds before. And he was up and ready to pounce in a second. Willow waved her arm shouting "elements of air, I beg of you, freeze where you are!"
The werewolf froze in mid leap and just hung there. The redhead helped the blond up. Both kept their gaze on Oz. His eyes were still moving, watching their every move. There was even a low growl coming from the werewolf.
Finally, Willow tore her gaze away from the monster her ex had become. "You all right baby?" She wrapped her arms around the witch and could feel that she was shaking. And shaking hard. "He didn't hurt you did he?"
Tara shook her head. She smiled a little. "No, you acted too quickly." The blond's blue eyes just could not leave the werewolf for a second. She had heard about him and his interesting way of being able to transform. But she had never seen it for herself. "What are we going to do? That won't hold him long."
Willow shrugged. "I think he can still hear me. Maybe I can reason with the man inside the werewolf." She stepped closer. "Oz can you hear me?" The growling faded a little. "I'm sorry that you found out this way. But remember, we parted so that we could find love. Not that we weren't in love. It's just that neither of us truly were happy. And, well, I should have told you the part about me being gay. I'm sorry you found out this way. But I love Tara so much. She's my everything. And believe it or not, I still do love you. You were my first real love. And I'll always treasure the memories I have of our time together."
There was a little bit of movement from the werewolf as the spell began to wear off. Willow quickly stood next to Tara taking her hand in her own. The spell faded completely and Oz, the human naked kind, fell to the floor. He looked up at Willow and Tara with a sad look on his face. "You got a blanket or something?"
Willow got the blanket that they kept draped over the couch and handed it to her ex. She watched him wrap it around himself as he slowly stood up. She made her way to stand next to Tara again. And again, their fingers intertwined.
Oz's gaze would not meet either of the witches. "Sorry about that." Finally, he looked at Willow. "Guess it was stupid of me to think that you would be waiting for me. It's been so long. And I guess you being with a woman kinda also shocked me."
The redhead nodded. "Understandable. Again, I should have told you that part. But I still was unsure. I was unsure until I met Tara. And well, we just fell in love. It happened so quickly. I don't know what else to say. It is good to see you. I have missed you."
"I think I'll be going now." He looked at Tara and smiled. "I'm sorry I tried to kill you. I thought I had this whole thing under control. Guess I gotta work on it a little more."
Tara smiled her sweet innocent smile. "Hey, I know how I'd react if I found Willow with someone else. It's understandable."
Oz laughed a little. "I'll just leave now."
Both women watched him go out the door. Willow turned to Tara. "I'm sorry about that." She gently kissed her on the lips.
"Sorry about what?" Tara smiled. "Once you've fallen for Willow, you stay fallen. Believe me, I know."
Willow laughed. It felt so good and right whenever she was in the arms of the blond. She made her happier than she had ever been in her life. "I love you. You are my everything."
"And you, mine." They began kissing passionately again. So much so that they collapsed to the couch. "Want me to show you how much I love you?" Willow responded by taking the blond's lips into her own. And than, the phone rang.
"Grrr!" Willow stood up and made her way to the phone. "Buffy, what is it? Faith! She really is on the loose. Damn. No it's all right. We'll go looking for her as well. Maybe we could try the old school. It has some good hiding potential. Right."
She turned to Tara. "Something bad?"
Willow sighed. "I never did tell you about the time Faith, the rogue slayer tried to kill me did I." Tara stared at her. "Well, we'll have time for that. As we look for her."
Sign up to rate and review this story