Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

48

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2149 words

0Unrated
Willow and Tara wandered around the old high school. In a short time, there would be a brand new high school being built. And Xander was going to head up the construction on it. The redhead had already filled in her everything about Faith and how dangerous she could be.
In the back of her mind, she couldn't help but get the feeling that they were being watched or followed or something anyways. But that was silly. Unless of course Faith had already spotted them and was indeed the one following them.
Both witches jumped when a very familiar, at least to Willow figure jumped out of the shadows. "You really should be more careful there Red." Faith stood before them, her hands down by her side. "You think living in Sunnydale all your life would make you know what evil things can lurk in the dark."
Willow looked at Faith. Her demeanor was nothing like it was so long ago when she had turned against them and fought along the side of evil. Still. "And you're evil?"
Faith shrugged her shoulders. "I guess I could be." She eyed the blond. "It's nice to meet you Tara. I'm surprised that Willow ever gave up Oz, but you seem nice. And I get the sense that you are better for her than wolfboy ever was."
Both witches stared at Faith for a few minutes. "H-how did you know about me?"
That made the rogue slayer laugh. "I've been laying low the last few days. But that doesn't mean I haven't been watching the old gang to see what they are up to. You guys really ought to be more careful. Psychos are all over the place you know."
"Again I ask, are you referring to yourself by chance?" Willow looked into those dark eyes of the slayer. There was something different about her. It was like she was different than she used to be. "But I don't think you are."
At this, the dark haired woman snapped her attention to the redhead. "You think I've changed? You think that I won't use this on you two bitches?" With that, Faith pulled out a dagger. One that Willow remembered oh so well.
"Where'd you get that?" Willow remembered how Buffy had used it to taunt the mayor. And that is what basically lead to his demise. Human weakness in a giant demon. Funny.
"I've been around. You think I just spied on you freaks?" Faith began pacing back and forth. "I needed weapons. Slayers need weapons. Cause they are built for killing. And killing is what they do oh so well. I should know. I've killed vampires. I've killed demons. And I've killed humans." She turned and thrust the dagger at the two witches. "I've never killed witches before. I wonder if it's any different from killing regular humans. Should we find out?"
Willow again looked into those eyes. She knew that something wasn't right with Faith. And not just the seemingly mad ramblings either. No. There was something going on in her head. Maybe that was why she had gone all rogue slayer on them so many years ago. Was there something playing with her head? "Faith, you don't want to kill us. And you couldn't even if you did."
The slayer's eyes widened considerably. "That's pretty big talk from an itty bitty witch like yourself. Last I knew, you could barely float a pencil. What? Have you moved up in the world why I slept?"
The redhead swallowed hard. "Yeah, I've moved up. In fact, I now have so much power that if I should lose control, I could destroy the entire universe. And you think you're a killer? Just imagine killing every last creature that exists."
Now the slayer's mouth hung open as well. "Damn! Little Red is now all grown up! Who would have ever thought it." Faith looked at Tara. "And what about you, my dear. Have you this power control issues like your sweetie."
Willow stepped in front of her wife. "You leave her out of this. If you're going to be messing with anyone, it's gonna be me. Cause if you're still all evil I owe you payback, remember?"
"Are you still testy just cause I held a knife to your throat?" Faith laughed. "No wait! It was because I decked you." She laughed even harder. "I know what's really got your panties all bunched up. You're still mad that Xander wouldn't give you the time of day and yet we did the horizontal tango."
"Faith." Willow's voice had an edge to it. One that made the slayer look at her twice. "We're here to help you. If you want that help. If not, we're here to take you down. It's your call. Just let me know how you want it."
"Not time." Faith began running. "It's not time yet! Only when they say it is will it be time! And than, everyone better watch out." She kept running and soon disappeared.
Willow turned to Tara. "Did you understand that? I mean, one moment she's talking like she wants to be a part of us again and that she's all sorry. Than she's talking like she wants to kill us. And than, she says that it's not time. Is that how it was or am I just crazy."
"You're not crazy." Tara was still staring after where Faith had disappeared. "I think we have a major problem."
"You mean the fact that a homicidal maniac is on the loose?" Willow smiled a little. "Or would there be another big problem you're referring to."
Tara turned to the redhead. "I think that Faith is in trouble. I think she wants to be good. But I think someone is sorta controlling her. I can see her aura. Someone or something is tainting it. And I don't mean from her doing all that killing. That's there too. But there is something else. And I don't know what it is."
~~~~~~
Neither wiccan knew that they had been followed. And it wasn't Faith. No. There was another that was following both. And there was a low growl that came from his throat. Especially when the two joined hands and began leaving the darkened compound that used to be where he had gone to high school.
Cautiously, he stepped into the little bit of moonlight that showed down. There was a look of the wolf in his eyes though he had not morphed into the werewolf. Not yet. And it was taking all of his control not to wolf out.
He should just go and let Willow lead her happy life. But he couldn't do that. No. He just had to stay around. Their love was one that should never have ended. He had been a fool to agree to that breakup.
And he knew that now. He would not give up on the two of them. Someday the two would be back together. Even if he had to kill to make her see that. At that thought, Oz did lose control. He wolfed out completely. And he ran into the night thinking about all the damage he could do. Too bad it wasn't to a certain blond witch.
~~~~~
Buffy was making her way through one of the many cemeteries that were in Sunnydale. This one was one that she frequented. Mainly because this was the one that contained a certain bleach blond vampire's crypt.
One that she now admit tingly had feelings for. But what exactly were these feelings? Were they just lusty feelings? Or were they something more. She sighed heavily as confusion was overtaking her. And that was not a good thing. She was becoming a distracted slayer. And a distracted slayer could easily become a dead slayer.
Finally, just out of habit she made her way to the very crypt that Spike had been calling a home for so long. She opened the door and walked in not even giving it a thought that he might just be back from wherever he had runoff to.
"Hey now!" That familiar deep voice startled her. "You're supposed to knock before you enter a person's home." The blond vampire made his way out of the shadows. He looked down at his hands and made a face. "Don't know if I could be called a person. After all, blood. There's bloody blood on my hands." He slowly made his way towards Buffy. "Can't you see the blood? Why won't it sodding wash off. I've tried and I've tried."
"Spike?" Buffy finally managed. This was getting strange. He was acting weird. Even for him, he was acting weird. And there was something about him. She could sense that he was different somehow. Just not sure what.
"Yeah. That's me." The vampire stopped in his tracks. "I'm bloody well still me. Bloody." He began laughing. "William the Bloody. With a vampire slayer. And not doin a thing to try and kill her. What is sodding wrong with you? You aren't the vampire you used to be. Well duh! Look at what you did. I did? Yeah. It's what you did. To make her happy. And now, you can't even talk intelligently. You were a screw up when you were a live and you are a total screw up now that you are dead. Did you think she wouldn't notice? You are different. She sees that. But she also sees the blood. The blood you spilled so many years ago. And she's scared. Scared of what you do to her kind." Spike looked at Buffy with a smile on his face. "Are you really scared luv?"
Buffy blinked. He had been making little sense before. Now he seemed totally out of his mind. And he seemed to be talking with himself. "What happened Spike? What is going on? There has to be a reason for this."
Spike shrugged his shoulders. "I sought something. To please a lady. But I don't think she likes her present. And that means all of it, the blood, the pain, the faces, everything was just a total waste. And now I'm stuck with who I am."
Buffy shook her head. "Spike, I want to help you. Please just tell me what's going on."
"Help?" Spiked laughed like a maniac. "That's funny comin from you. Since when have you wanted to help poor Spikey. Since when don't you want to stake his sorry arse into dusty oblivion?"
"I thought that we had come to a sorta of understanding." Buffy took a deep breath and stepped towards the vampire even though he seemed really unstable at the moment.
"We did." Spike turned away and ended up in the shadows again where the slayer could not see his face. She could only make out his silhouette. "You know that you could never love a monster. And that's all I am. Plain and simply a monster. Blood. I can smell it. I can see it." His blond hair popped into the dim light of the crypt. "I can taste it." He brought his head into the light and he now wore the mask of the demon. "It's what I am. It's what I do. Blood is blood. Doesn't matter how I get it as long as I get it. Blood is life. And I take life."
"What are you talking about?" Buffy took a few more steps towards Spike. "You haven't taken a life, well not human life, since you got the chip. And I think even before that you weren't exactly as evil as you could be. I mean, you did some stupid things that left big time openings for me. And you can't help what was done to you and the need for blood to survive. That's why you began drinking animal blood. Right?"
"That's what the little girl thinks, isn't that sweet." Spike now came up behind her, still wearing the look of the vampire. "You think that I've changed? That just because I have a chip in my head I won't try and kill you?"
"That's right." Buffy turned to look up at those monstrous features. "I know you. William, you've become a good man. You helped when you didn't have to. And I'm grateful. And you watched out for Willow and Tara and that almost cost you your existence." She looked up into the vampire's eyes. Even with all the rambling, with all the incoherent things he had been saying, she now knew something. It had all become so clear to her. "William the Bloody, I Buffy Summers am in love with you."
"Really?" Spike grinned an evil grin. "That will make this all that much better." He slowly bent down to her neck. She only stood there. And she didn't make a sound as his sharp teeth penetrated her neck and he began sucking her blood.
Sign up to rate and review this story