Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

49

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2202 words

0Unrated
Buffy sat up screaming. She clutched at her neck, expecting to find the nice warmth of blood gushing down. But there was nothing. She could barely even feel the scar that had been made previously by Angel biting her and feeding off from her. All so that he could recover from what Faith and the mayor had poisoned him with.
And Faith! The blond slayer looked around. She was back in her old room. Now she remembered. She had been patrolling for the last four nights straight trying to track down the rogue slayer. But there had been no sightings of her. And that had the original slayer more than worried.
Hopping out of bed, she flashed back to her dream. But it hadn't been all a dream. Some of it had happened just four nights ago. She had come across Spike at his little mausoleum home and he had rambled on. But she had left when he had tried to come after her. And quickly apologized for doing so. She could tell that something just wasn't right with the vampire.
He had gone on about a gift for a girl. A specific girl. Her in fact. And she had told him that he loved her. That's what seemed to have set him off. Or had it? What had happened was blurring with that damn dream she had just had. And that helped matters oh so much.
Life was complicated enough when she didn't have those damn slayer dreams to confuse the hell out of her. She sighed heavily and made her way to the bathroom. She could hear her mother already down in the kitchen probably making breakfast for the two of them. That was not something she was looking forward to.
Ever since she had moved back into the house, her mother and her had been distant. In part it was because her mother still wasn't too thrilled with the fact that she was the slayer. And now, she had told her that Faith was back. And that was an even more sore subject than ever.
Buffy sighed as she felt the warm water spray down on her. It felt refreshing and for a moment made her forget about the fact that her mother was downstairs probably waiting to make a point about how Faith was just misunderstood and that they should all give her a chance. And for some reason, whenever the slayer mentioned Spike's name, her mother quickly changed the subject.
The blond knew that her mother was partly right about Faith. After what Willow and Tara had told everyone about their encounter with the rogue slayer, she had to admit that there was the possibility that the dark haired slayer was actually just confused. Or could it be that she was being used again?
With that black mark in her aura that Tara had spotted, it was a very strong possibility. And there was more. Every time either of the two witches tried to do a locator spell, it came up as if the rogue slayer didn't exist. Even she wasn't that good at hiding out.
The shower spray turned cold and quickly lost the comfort it had once held for the confused slayer. So many conflicting emotions at the moment. What was a girl to do? Correction. What was a slayer to do? Even with friends and a watcher, she still was the one that had to make the tough choices.
As she dried off with a towel, she remembered one of her hardest choices she had ever faced. And that was when she had had to stab Angel with the sword to prevent the end of the world. At that time, she had loved him more than anything in the world. And it had driven her to cut herself off from her friends and family.
Looking back, that was the worse choice that she had ever made in her life. Not the killing Angel part, but the no friends no family thing. She was one of the few slayers ever to have friends that could and did help. And her mom had been there for her before that.
Slowly, she got dressed and made her way downstairs. When she got there, there was already pancakes on the table for her. But instead of finding her mother, she found a short note 'got a doctor's appointment this morning. Just routine stuff. Talk with you later. Love, mom' Buffy stared at the note. Doctor? Her mother never got sick. And even when she did, she never went to the doctors.
A huge sigh escaped the slayer. Just another thing to add to the list of worriments that seemed to be getting longer and longer everyday. The phone rang startling her so much that she jumped literally in the air.
Her hand shout out and grabbed the phone. "Giles? Any news?"
"Umm, it's Willow, not Giles." The witch's voice sounded very worried. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there have been some murders last night. Some that fit into the 'torn apart unlikely to be a vampire possibly a human murderess or..."
"What?" Buffy didn't like how her friend just stopped there. "There's something more. What is it?"
"Just meet us at Giles'" Willow sighed not liking what she was thinking. "I don't want to have to repeat what I'm thinking."

Anya was the only member of the scoobies not in attendance. Xander had said something about a disagreement over bunnies. None of the others could really understand what he was talking about.
All of them gathered were checking out the gory details. Two women that very much fit a certain blond were the victims. It had a certain redhead more than freaking out. What if there was someone out there targeting her wife.
"What is giving you this vibe?" Buffy was pacing back and forth. She was trying to concentrate on the here and now. But with Faith still out there and a vampire that she was in love with acting all crazy, things were not going well for her.
"Well, for the past four days both me and Tara have felt like someone is following us." Willow held on to her lover's hand very tightly. The thought of losing the witch was way to much for her to even fathom. "And before you say it, we don't think it's Faith. Tara would be able to sense her, cause of the whole reading her aura thing."
"Whoever this is is familiar to me." Tara sighed. "But not familiar enough. Faith, well when I read her it gave me a real feel for her. But this person is someone that I haven't dealt with much in the past." She couldn't help but think it was one certain person. And she knew her wife thought the same thing. And that person in a certain form could mutilate bodies.
Buffy stopped pacing and looked at both witches. "And let me guess, there's no spell that you can think of to help us out, right?" There was an edge of anger to her voice.
Willow stood up. She knew that the anger wasn't directed at her or Tara. But it was still a lot of anger that she felt and heard. "Buffy, is there something wrong? Besides the whole we've got a new bad guy in town. Did something happen?" The redhead slowly made her way to stand in front of the blond.
"Oh, Will! I'm sorry." She looked over at Tara. "I'm sorry to you as well. That was kinda bitchy the way I said that." She turned back to Willow. "I guess there is something I need to share with everyone. You see, I ran into Spike that first night that we were looking for Faith. And well, he was acting sorta crazy. I don't know what was with him. And it was like he couldn't control himself. And than, I had this dream. It was so much like what happened. The two are kinda getting mixed up. But what's bad about the dream, Spike could bite me and not have his chip go off. I mean, that's really bad."
Giles put down the book that he had been skimming through while listening to the whole exchange. "What? You bloody well should have told us this. Perhaps Spike is back to his old ways. That could very well be why you dreamed that he was able to bite you. There is a distinct possibility that he is the one murdering blonds." He looked over at Tara. "Could these blond's be a representation of Buffy?"
Tara shrugged. "All the police know for sure is that they were blonds. Other than that, they aren't even sure who they are. They are beyond recognition." She swallowed hard, trying to keep the tears from falling.
Willow quickly came over and engulfed her in a hug. She knew that Tara wasn't so scared for herself. She was sad that these innocent girls had been murdered. Either because possibly of her or of Buffy. Either way, it wasn't a happy scenario.
Buffy stared at Giles. "I really don't think it's Spike. He isn't capable of doing these things. Not anymore."
"Are you that blinded by your feelings?" Xander's harsh tone surprised everyone and garnered their stares. He ignored them and continued. "I've seen how you look at him. I know that you have feelings for him. He's a killer Buffy with a chip that keeps those homicidal tendencies in check."
"Xander." Willow's quiet voice made him look at her. "That's enough. You have no right to talk that harshly to her." Xander started to say something but she shot him a look and he quickly shut up. She turned towards Buffy with a look of sympathy on her face. "I don't want to sound like I'm ganging up on you, but it has happened before. You letting your feelings get in the way of your judgement. And leading to not so good choices. And before you say anything, I've done the same thing. So I understand. But I just want you to think."
Buffy closed her eyes. Tears were near, she knew that. But she couldn't let them fall. Not now. There was too much at stake for her to give into those damn silly emotions. Emotions only got in the way of a slayer doing her job well. And that could lead to early retirement, slayer style.
"Buffy." Giles' gentle voice penetrated her thoughts. "I believe you when you say Spike is good. Or used to be. But we all know how easy it is to be influenced. Especially since we are on the hellmouth. Could that be what it is?"
The slayer shrugged. "There's only one way to find out."
"Buff, you've got to be kidding." Xander came and stood in the way of the door. "You can't be thinking about going and seeing Captain Peroxide. That's just crazy."
"Xander, get out of my way." To let him have time to move, she turned back to Giles and the two witches. "I want you guys researching this. See if there are any demons that fit this profile. And maybe try and figure out how to find Faith. I know we've had problems with the magicks. Try and think of another way if you can. I'm going to talk to Spike. By myself." She turned around to find Xander still in her way. "Either move or I will move you. And I'm not in the best of moods at the moment Xander so I'd just keep that in mind."
Xander sighed. "Fine. At least let me come with you. Just for the company."
"No." Buffy started towards the door and Xander slowly moved out of the way. "This is something that I have to do alone. Whether you can understand that or not."

Spike sat all alone in his crypt. It was daylight out and that was of the bad. But what was worse, the blood. Everywhere he looked there was blood. It made his stomach ache just thinking about it. And he would partake of none.
He had made a promise that after he did what he did, he would no longer harm any living thing. Not unless he was protecting innocents. And especially if he was protecting a certain girl.
His mind flashed to the recurring nightmare that he had been having the past four nights. His ramblings kept going and going. And what was worse, the end of it. He bit the girl. The one that he had gone through all that pain and agony for. But it was worth it. Cause one day he could possibly be worthy of the love that she had declared.
But not yet. There was still just too much blood. Blood on his hands. Blood on his chest. He licked his lips. Blood. And of the human variety. How the hell had that happened? When had he? Another flash of memory. There was a girl. A blond. And than, you couldn't recognize her anymore. And there was blood. All over her and the ground and him. God! What had he done?
Sign up to rate and review this story