Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

False Smiles

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 4 reviews

I love long reviews! *hint hint nudge nudge*

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 898 words

0Unrated
Parking a block away from XO Patrick and Bree walked the rest of the way to XO in silence. Patrick took her hand and smiled a nervous smile towards her which she didn't return. She was looking at her feet as though they were a mildly interesting tv programme absorbed in her own thoughts with a troubled look on her face. Patrick decided to let it slide, she was probably thinking about her mom. In reality Bree was thinking about her dad.

Stepping into XO away from the cold Patrick went up to order for Bree and was greeted by the guys who were also waiting in line.

"Hey man, what's up?" Joe asked as Patrick joined the queue.

"Not much just here with Bree" he replied throwing a glance at her sitting at their table.
"What you guys doing here?"

"We're just getting a coffee then going to see a movie or something..." said Andy.

"By the way we're not playing on Friday Joe's gonna be outta town..." Pete said nodding in Joe's direction.

"But, they still want Bree to headline!" Joe added.

"That's great!" Patrick exclaimed.

"Well we gotta go now movie starts at 12 so talk to Bree bout Friday ok bye" Pete said pulling Joe by the arm.

"But dude the movie starts at two! I wanna stay!" Joe whined obviously not getting it.

Patrick returned to Bree with two coffees and an extra large chocolate chip cookie.

"Aww Patrick you didn't have to" pointing to the cookie.

"What? I didn't! Fine..." he said breaking the cookie in half.

"Guess what!" he asked her suddenly remembering about Friday.

"Whaumph" she replied with her mouth full.

"Joe's out of town this weekend so Fall Out Boy cant play and XO want you to headline on Friday!"

"Are you serious! But I haven't written anything new in ages ..."

"Well maybe you should write something new to cheer yourself up?" Patrick suggested.

They finished up at XO and walked back to Patrick's car talking about idea's for a new song. Bree had forgotten all about her Dad coming home.



Pulling into the driveway Patrick was the first to notice a black range rover in the driveway and two strangers on the doorstep.

"Ehm Bree?"

"Yeah" she said looking up from her lap.

"Do you know them?" he said pointing towards the blond girl in her twenties wearing skinny jeans with stilettos and a juicy couture pink zip up and the balding many who looked to be pushing forty in a suit standing next to her.

"Oh shit!" she said suddenly remembering.

"What?!" he asked.

"That's my dad he's here to sort out the stuff with my mom and that. Listen, I'll call you later I've got to go let him in." she said climbing out of the car and running up the driveway.

"Bye..."" Patrick whispered to himself before staring the car and turning around.


"Bree, I told you we were coming" her Dad said in a disapproving voice.

"I know I was out sorry" she said saying sorry but didn't mean it letting them in.

Her dad dropped his and Melody's bags by the door.

"I have to go to the hospital to sort out some stuff with your mom so we can take her to the cemetery later if you want to come. Melody is going to stay here with you." He announced in a business like manner without any compassion.

"But.." Bree started but it was too late he had already left.

There was an awkward silence when her dad left leaving her standing with Melody in the hallway.

"Ok, how about we go shopping you know bond?" Melody asked.

"No." Bree replied coldly

"Come on I have your dad gave me his credit card to take you shopping if we were stuck for something to do"

"It hasn't even been five minutes."

"Still it might give us some time to get to know each other" she pushed.

"Ok I am going to tell you this once. I don't want to know you. We are never going to be friends. Your old enough to be my sister. And I am not moving to LA with you two so you go do all the shopping you want I will be in my room." Bree whispered trying her best not to lose her cool. What was left of it.

Turning and heading up the stairs Bree didn't look back. Five minutes later she heard the door slam and she guessed Melody had gone shopping by herself. Taking her guitar she decided now was as good a time as any to write that song.

Taking out her lyrics book she let the words come. This time it wasn't as easy as the other times she wrote something. These words were personal. She didn't know where they came from. It represented everything she had been through. Chris, her Mom in some ways her own self hatred she had felt before Patrick found her.

Take a needle push it stick it through the hands,
For every time the smoothered me for failing your demands.





a/n:The lyrics are from the song "My Paper Made Man" by Amy Studt which is an amazing song you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naYESzm-o5w

I will post up the rest of the lyrics in the next chapter anyway.
Sign up to rate and review this story