Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

65

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2912 words

0Unrated
Faith watched the coming and goings of the demons. So many varieties were going in and out. She was not sure of all of them. She wasn't sure if Giles would know half of the breeds that she saw. All she knew was that they were all evil and at any second they could easily turn on her.
Basically the only thing keeping her alive at this point was the fact that she was so important to whatever was supposed to be happening shortly. That much she had gotten from Ethan's conversation with Drusilla.
Drusilla was still walking around in a half insane state. It was still mostly the fact that Ethan could keep her from turning on her. But Faith had learned not to antagonize the vampire. At least not while she was chained up and pretty much helpless.
The former rogue slayer used her slayer hearing to try and find out exactly what was going on. The last little mind message that Willow had sent had not been much with the information. They really hadn't learned anything new as of yet.
All she knew was that Buffy, Spike, and Angel were off on some rather dangerous fact finding mission. Going to all the seedier places in the wonderful town of Sunnydale. And there were a lot more of those then the average person would expect.
Giles hadn't really been rather knowledgful as of late. It seemed that there just were not a whole lot of books on the subject. And of course the council was of no help. In fact, she was surprised that they had left her alone this long.
And Willow and Tara were doing the witchy thing and doing a spell. But for some reason Red just didn't seem as confident as she usually did. But she didn't say anything. She just let her know of all the information that she had. Which wasn't much at the moment.
So, Faith was still all alone. And it didn't seem very likely that there was going to be a rescue any time soon. It was a good thing that a slayer really could heal and deal with a lot of things normal humans can't.
The formerly rogue slayer closed her eyes for a moment. She could still smell the putrid smells. And she could still sense all the movements around her. In fact, she could sense something more. Without opening her eyes, she smiled an evil smile.
"Ethan." The slayer kept her grin. "What brings you to my side of the cave? A better view? I mean, even all filth covered I'm still some hot shit. And you so need me."
Ethan shook his head and chuckled for a bit. "You are quite the spunky little slayer. That will help you live longer. And if I have my way, this ritual won't be performed."
Faith's eyes widened considerably. She couldn't keep herself from looking around. "Yo! Brit man! You might wants to rethink the talking like that right now when everyone can here's ya."
Another chuckle came from the sorcerer. "You think with my resources in magic's that I won't be able to keep them from hearing. Or seeing that I'm here. I lost the faithful little puppy that seems to need to follow me all over. Just relax for a minute. I just want you to know that I'm trying to figure a way out of this for both of us."
"And why exactly is that?" Faith eyed the sorcerer with a great deal of suspicion. Anything evil or formerly evil, including herself, could not be trusted. Or at the very least had to be dealt with caution.
"I wasn't recruited for this by choice." Ethan sighed heavily. "But there are reasons for why I stay. Ones that I can't share with anyone at the moment. You will just have to trust me. That's all."
Faith shook her head. "Trust with me is not necessarily an option. But I will say this, I will help you out if and when something should happen."
Ethan nodded. "Good. It's nice to know that I have an ally." Faith rolled eyes. "Not ally. But just someone who will watch my back while it's helping her out."
Faith watched him walk away. Still so much going on and still not so much in the way of information. But that's the way things go a lot of the time. So, Faith would take what she had. And hoped that the scoobies could find out what was going on and form a plan.
""
Willow stared at the spirit of Miss Calendar. It seemed a pretty big prediction she had just stated. Everyone could die if they did anything. What kind of prediction was that? One that they had never come across before. It was always do this or don't do that. But never do nothing.
Jenny could see the look on her face. And she knew what she was thinking. It was not the kind of thing that one would want to be told. "I know it's not the news that you were looking for. And I'm sorry for that. But it is what I know and what I'm supposed to tell you."
This made the young witch sigh heavily. "I just came for knowledge. And I got some that's for sure. Just not the kind I had been looking for. And the fact that my unborn child seems to have some fate in the world."
The beautiful spirit nodded. "I fully understand that. I never got the chance to have a child. I found my perfect mate after it was too late. Giles and I could have been something in life. But that was not meant to be. And in the next life it could very well be. You have found your perfect mate. You are the luckiest person right now. Even with all of life happening. You and Tara will be able to face anything together. And the child you carry will be able to handle themselves rather well."
"That's good to know." Willow sighed heavily. "But I would still feel better knowing that things would work out. But I know that there are no guarantees in life. That we just have to do the best that we can."
"You are very wise." Jenny smiled. "But then I always knew you were. Just keep trusting in yourself and you and Tara. Everything will work out. But there will, as always in life, be casualties in life."
"A lesson I've had to learn over and over." Again the redhead sighed. "But I've learned that for the greater good, that we all must make sacrifices. If it takes one now, I know that anyone of us would be willing to make it. I think even Anya."
"You've all dedicated yourselves to the fight for good. You will make whatever sacrifices are needed." Jenny smiled big. "You will all make the tough choices in life."
"I know we will." Willow smiled her sweet innocent smile. That's when she heard Tara's voice again. She closed her eyes for a moment and pictured her true love. "I think..." She trailed off when she opened her eyes. She was no longer in that fantasy world. She was now in some dark limbo.
Her thoughts were still all a jumble at the moment. She really didn't learn what she had wanted to. Yes, she had learned a lot. A lot of things that she didn't really want to. But not the things that she wanted to. Her thoughts just couldn't be straighten out.
Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around. There was her everything, those blue river eyes staring into her own emerald ones. It took a minute to realize that everyone, besides Buffy, Angel, and Spike were gathered around her. She had to wonder why.
"How long has it been?" The redhead's voice was rather weak. Even to herself it sounded distant and far away.
Tara took her hand in her own and gave it a nice comforting squeeze. "We were starting to wonder about you. You had us all worried." The tone of her voice said it all. The love was there.
And it instantly warmed the redhead's heart. Her mind was still so wrapped around what Jenny had said that she didn't hear Xander or Giles talking. Her mind kept focused on Tara. And only her seemed to be what she could hear and understand. It could just be a side affect of the spell. Or it could just be the fact that they were always connected now.
Tara smiled sweetly at her. It was as if she could read the other witch's mind. "Giles asked what you had learned. I know that you are having trouble focusing. So just focus on my voice and me."
Willow smiled sweetly back. "Already doing that. I found out something. That we should do nothing. Not until after the baby is born. That if we try anything now, we will cause the deaths of someone."
Finally, Giles voice penetrated the fuzz that was Willow's mind. "You mean that us sending out Buffy and the others was a mistake?"
The redhead managed to nod. "That's what Miss Calendar said anyways."
"Jenny?" Giles nearly choked on his dead lover's name. He quickly cleared his throat and began cleaning his glasses. "She's the one that came to you in this dream land?"
"Uh, yeah." Willow hadn't realized what she was letting slip. "I'm sorry to have said it so bluntly. My mind is still really fuzzy. And I'm trying to remember everything that I learned."
"It's quite all right." Giles quickly put his glasses back on. "Just not what I thought you'd be saying. Please, do go on while it's all fresh in your mind. I want you to tell me everything you know."
"The other thing that I really remember is that she said something bout our child." In an instant, blue and green eyes were meeting. "She said that our child is the key to this somehow. That it will have a great deal of power. We just have to hold off doing anything til it is born."
"That is quite interesting." Giles bolted out of the workout room. Within seconds, he was back in the room and he had one of his rather thick volumes with him. He was flipping through the pages. "I do wish I had remembered this sooner." It took him a minute to find he right passage. "Here it is. 'born unto two young witches will be a child. This child will have untold power. And it will one day, an untold day, be the savior of the world'." Giles slammed the book shut. "You two are those witches."
Willow and Tara just looked at each other. Both could not believe that their love had produced the savior of the world. That because they loved one another and were powerful, that they were able to create a life. It was both a wonderful and a scary feeling.

""
Buffy struggled against the invisible cement that seemed to have her glued to the floor. Angel and Spike were still imprisoned on either side of her. And she knew that one would soon have to die. Or would they?
"Why must I choose?" Buffy glared at Rack. "Why does one of them have to die? Isn't there another option?"
Rack's lip curled up into a sneer. "There are always option my dear young lady. I'm just not sure that you will like the choices that you have."
The slayer nodded. "I realize that there are things in life that we don't like. And as the slayer I've had to make some really tough calls. Why should this situation be any different?"
Rack laughed softly. "You are feisty. But then all slayers I've come across have been. Until they all die."
Buffy rolled her eyes. "Been there. Done that already. I died once. And I'm still here and feisty as ever. You can go ahead and try and kill me. If I don't come back this time, there'll be another slayer to take my place. It's just the way things are."
The evil sorcerer smiled larger. "Not really. The slayer line now goes through Faith. If you die, only Faith will be the slayer. But enough of the banter. And enough of the talk of you dying. I want your decision. You should have made up your mind by now."
The slayer sighed heavily. "I can't choose."
"Then it will be both." Rack shrugged. "It would be a pity to see a waste of two strong warriors, but again, it's your decision."
Those blue eyes of the slayer went back and forth. She never had really gotten over Angel. His love always seemed to haunt her. But when she looked at Spike, she felt something that she never had before. She felt better about herself and more at peace with herself when she thought of Spike.
And that was the sad but true answer. That when it came right down to it, she knew who she must choose. As she'd heard more then once in her life, you have to follow your heart. And that would mean choosing Spike every time.
Rack eyed the slayer for a moment. Another fit of laughter came from the evil man. "I already know your choice slayer. And so do your two lovers. I just wanted to see if you could come up with it on your own. Which you finally did. So, it is time."
Buffy's eyes grew in horror. Rack put both his hands back. But instead of something happening to Angel, a bolt hit both the vampires. The minute it did, their magickal cages disappeared. As did whatever had been holding Buffy to the floor.
Their eyes were feral as they eyed the slayer. They had both vamped out. It wasn't long before both were attacking. Buffy had all she could do to deflect their attack.
"What the hell?" The slayer managed to get out between blocking her two lovers' blows and trying to get in a lick or two of her own. "I thought that you said that one of them had to die?"
"They do." Rack levitated himself off from the ground. "I just didn't say how, now did I slayer. I do so love to watch a good fight. Especially when the outcome is so in doubt."
The slayer would have loved to glare or make one of her comments. But she had her hands full. Angel and Spike were two of her most powerful foes ever. And now she was having to fight them both. And the odds of her winning were not looking good.
The fight lasted and lasted. It wasn't too long before she felt the blows taking their toll. Blood was dripping from her head and her mouth and her arms. She seemed to be seeing stars.
And when she looked at her two foes, there seemed to be hardly a scratch on either of them. And they seemed to be getting stronger and stronger. And she had no weapons to speak of. Things did not look good for our slayer.
And that's when the unthinkable happened. Angel came up from behind our slayer. And he snapped her neck. Buffy fell limply to the floor. Angel growled a victorious growl. Until Spike came up with a chair leg and stabbed him through the heart.
Rack applauded as he floated back down to the ground. "Bravo! Bravo! I hadn't imagined that outcome. I had imagined Angel dying. That you and your lover would turn on him. But never in a million years would I have thought that the slayer would die."
Spike growled deeply. And before the sorcerer could react, he attacked. His neck snapped in an instant. "Just the way she died. So that's the way you died. You bloody bastard."
There was only silence for the longest time. The slightest sound seemed to echo. Spike stared at the lifeless body of his love. The one woman in how many hundreds of years of existence that he had fallen for. And would have done anything for. And now, there was nothing.
He picked up her body. There was nothing but ashes of Angel. So there was nothing that he could do about that. So, he would just have to tell the gang the story. The story of the final moments of arguably the greatest slayer ever to have lived. And one of the only vampires with a soul.
It was rather sad how both had to die. That Buffy had to die at the hands of her ex lover that had a soul. And that Angel was stabbed in the back by his former partner and still somewhat friend. And all because of some whacked out evil sorcerer.
Without knowing it, Spike let out another major growl. It was too much. Too bloody much indeed. So many lives had been lost over the years. He had taken his fair share of them. But nothing was hitting him like this. And he didn't think that anything ever could.
When you fall for someone and they are taken away from you so violently, it is something that you can never really get over. Their love will always stay with you. And it will be what keeps you driving yourself until you possibly go insane.
Sign up to rate and review this story