Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

67

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2780 words

0Unrated
Faith looked around her. There was an almost chaos to the goings around her. The only thing that even felt somewhat calm and serene were the moments that Ethan managed to sneak over and talk to her. They were formulating quite the plan at the moment.
But that's not what had the slayer thinking. It had been only just over two weeks since the incident as all the scoobies had come to start calling the untimely passing of Buffy. And the rogue slayer was now the only slayer that lived.
And this only slayer was still wanted by the watcher's council according to an old contact of Giles'. So she wasn't all that much of help. Especially trapped inside this cavern with a bunch of demons and an insane vampire.
That had been something to see. Drusilla was never of the sane, that was for sure. But to have seen how she reacted to the news of Angel's death was something to behold. She went through twelve of her minions before Ethan had used some kind of spell to rein her in. Who knows how many of these evil types that the slayer did not care about would have died.
But then, the vampire's rage could have lead to her own demise. So she was grateful that Ethan had done what he had. But it wasn't because he cared in the slightest. It was because they so needed each other to survive.
The chaos running around her was a lot like what was going on in her head. Some would not have always said that she was a sane person. Well, she definitely acted out on her feelings a lot. And it had gotten her into much trouble in the past.
But this chaos was different. This chaos was that of dealing with emotions. Ones that she never thought she would have to. For she never thought she would outlive Buffy. Buffy was the good slayer, the one to have survived so much. Unlike herself that was just cruising for something to happen to herself.
But there was something else. There was the fact that she had never ever thought that she would actually be close to Buffy or any of the scooby members. Especially after trying to kill all of them at one time or another. And of course going totally evil on them.
But she had. She had become very close to Buffy. They had been patrolling almost every night side by side. And they had talked. Conversations that the other scoobies had never heard. Ones about her fear. Faith hated for anyone to know that her real deal was pure fear.
It seemed that Buffy had understood that feeling. The blond slayer may have gone out to fight the baddies all gung ho like, but there was that underlying fear that it could very well be this one time that she would not return.
And now, Faith faced the world alone. Well, not totally alone. For as soon as they kicked the insane vampire's ass back to hell, she would be able to rejoin the scooby gang. And then, she would have to do the hardest job that anyone would have to do. She would have to replace the slayer.
Not that anyone could ever replace the slayer. That was just ridiculous. But she would continue to fight just as Buffy had. It was her way of showing her respect. She would continue to keep on the straight and narrow. And she would die to defend the world just like B had.
"""
Giles sat in the Summers' living room. It was a place that he really hadn't been too often while Buffy was alive. They had held most of their meetings either at the library or then in his home and then of late in The Magic Box. So, sitting here was not what was usual in the past.
But things change. And change rather quickly in life. So quickly that he could not believe what his thoughts were at the moment. True, he was still reeling from the death of the young woman that he thought of as his only daughter. But could they be what were responsible for what was going on inside his head?
The large tome he was holding nearly slipped from his hand. And he did not want that to happen. For it was rather late and for the first time in the several weeks of Buffy's death, Joyce seemed to be getting some sleep.
He put the tome on the coffee table and picked up his tea cup. It was supposed to soothe him. And it was supposed to help him sleep, this particular kind. But nothing seemed to do that yet. And not just because all he thought about was Buffy's death.
No it was because what had happened only a couple nights previous. For he and Joyce had kissed. And it is true that he and she had shared that kiss and a little more that night when the band candy hand been tainted, but that was all under a spell. What was this?
The kiss had nearly turned to something else before both of them had pulled away. But why had they done that? Was it because they knew that it was because it was only out of grief that they were getting together.
Or was it because there was real fear. Fear that this was what had been building up between the two of them for the longest of times. Could they have been avoiding the possibility that they could have been so much more to each other just because of Buffy and what it might do to her?
The watcher's head was beginning to hurt with all these questions that were floating around in his head. And of course there was still this damnable prophecy that Willow had brought from none other then the one woman that had really made him fall hard for her.
Talk about confusing. Not only was this prophecy a doomsday till Willow and Tara's child was born, it had come from the first person that Giles had lost and truly been in love with. And now, with the start of his feelings for one Joyce Summers.
Giles took his glasses off and began polishing them as was now his habit when things were getting to him. So many thoughts and still so many answers floating out there just out of grasp.
His eyes made their way to the stairs. He knew that Joyce was up there sleeping. Or at least making quite the stab at it. Like he really ought to be. But his mind just wouldn't rest. Still so much to do. And so little time to do it.
But what was really going through his mind was the fact that he could just go up those stairs and tell Joyce his feelings. Tell her that something was starting to grow inside of him. And that he wanted to show her exactly what it was that he felt inside his heart.
But he would not. He would be the gentleman. He would let her grieve. And he would give her all the time in the world to do so. Even if it meant that he never got to tell her how he really felt about her.

"""
Tara was all alone. Well, not really. But for the night she was. She had to sneak out this night. And why would someone like sweet and innocent Tara Maclay be doing such a thing? Well, it was to try and stop the pain that everyone around her seemed to be in. Including her everything.
The blond witch did not like going out at night, not alone. For she knew what things were out there. And with Faith being in the clutches of something evil there was no slayer to watch over the world. And that included her.
Slowly but surely she made her way through the dark night. There was one place that she needed to go. And if she found what she was looking for, then there might just be the real possibility that Buffy could be brought back.
Alas, it was too late for Angel. He had lived his earthly life out when he had been turned into a vampire. Though his soul had come back to inhabit his body, it had long ago been released into the ether and it's place had been kept till the body that had housed it had been destroyed thus releasing it again.
But for Buffy, her body had not truly been destroyed. And her death had come as a result of magicks. The darkest most unpure magicks of all. And this was something that could lead to the resurrection of the one that had died.
And now, Miss Maclay was taking that responsibility upon herself. She knew that although Willow might want to do this, she would not allow it. For the power that it would require would be more then a normal person could handle. But Willow was no ordinary person. Especially with their child inside of her.
A howl hooted, startling the young wiccan. The cave entrance was only a few more feet. But the night was bringing out sounds that she had either never heard or never paid attention to before. And they were startling.
"Someone like should know better then to be out and about on a night like this." Tara jumped at the familiar raspy voice. "And you really should know not to come to this place on your own. Especially if you are seeking what I think you are."
Tara turned to look at Spike. His hair was no longer held straight back as usual. It was really quite the mess. If possible, the vampire looked paler then normal. And there were a few scars on his face obviously from recent battles.
"I just want to help." The blond witch continued past the vampire with a soul. "I won't do anything if I think things will go wrong. You know that I don't condone the use of magicks for personal gain."
"I know that quite well, my blond witch friend." Spike instantly caught up with her and fell into stride with her. "But I also know that we do stupid things for the ones that we love. Especially when that one is hurting somehow. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't just believe you instantly."
Tara smiled and sighed. "You do understand better then I thought you might." She stopped for a moment as did Spike. Again, she really looked at the vampire. "You know better then anyone what it is like to have loved someone and now to have lost them. I've never lost anyone I love that much. Well, besides my mother. And that's not really the same thing."
Spike straightened as certain memories flooded back to him. Memories of his own mother and how her health had been. And then the stupid thing that he had done in trying to supposedly save her. And what he had to do as a result.
So whether it be Buffy or his own mother, if he could just share one more day with them he would give anything. And looking into those oh so caring and loving eyes of Tara's, he saw the same look. She was thinking of her mother. And she was thinking of the affect that losing Buffy was having on her Willow.
The vampire sighed heavily. "You do play dirty, you do realize that don't you."
This made Tara chuckle a little as they slowly continued toward the cave. "I just tell things like they are. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing."
They walked in silence. The entrance to the cave was barely noticeable. If one wasn't looking for it, they never would have seen it. But both Spike and Tara knew what they were looking for. And it could lead to a world of trouble.
Spike lead the way. His eyes kept darting around. There was this sudden thought of danger. Before he could react, Tara held up both her hands. An instant barrier formed in front of the vampire and the witch.
Out of the shadows a figure came. It was only about three feet tall when it finally made it to full view. The skin was rather baggy. It hung off its body. It was the color of a very ripe peach on the inside.
It looked at Spike with a look of unworthiness. Like he was just this insignificant thing. That it wouldn't matter whether or not he even existed. But when it's dark pools of eyes met Tara's blue oceans, there was something else. A great deal of respect shown through.
"You seek what you seek." The creature turned it's back on the two. "Come and get answers. If you think it really is for the best, then by all means follow."
Tara and Spike made their way behind the creature. The cave turned into an underground spring. There was moisture everywhere. In fact, the footing became quite treacherous and the vampire had to steady the witch on more then one occasion.
"The path to knowledge can be a dangerous one." The creature stopped at a rock that seemed to be setup like a desk. "But you already both know that. You are both warriors of sorts. One uses more brawn then brains and vice versa. But you both know that the path of life is never an easy one."
"Right." Spike eyed the creature. "What are you? And what are you selling?"
The creature rolled its dark eyes. "You have no patience vampire. Good thing your friend does. Just relax and listen to my words. You will be justly rewarded in the end."
Tara nodded. "I seek the knowledge. But I vow to only use it if it will not cause harm to the one I wish to bring back or the world in general."
"I believe you young witch." The creature smiled, bringing folds of orangey flesh towards its forehead. Not the most appealing of sights. "That's why I think that of anyone in this world, you should be the keeper of the knowledge that I have spent centuries protecting."
"I am indeed honored." Tara bowed her head. "Am I to become the new keeper of this sacred knowledge?"
The creature shook its head. "No. I will still be the keeper. But you will be the only other creature to ever hear the things that you will need to do what you want to do. Even the vampire will not share in the knowledge that I have."
Spike only shrugged. "As long as the witch here has the knowledge. After all, she'd be the one that knows how to take full advantage of it. So I'll just..."
"No!" The creature moved quickly. "You must stay. For the witch will need you to take her home. This information will overload her temporarily. But she will be fine tomorrow. But you need to take care of her until then."
"All right Yoda. No need to get all snippy on me." Spike crossed his arms. "Besides, no one mess with the people I care about if I can help it."
"Very well." The creature nodded. "You must both prepare yourselves. It's not an easy task."
Before either could say anything, there was this flash. The next thing that Spike could remember was him standing outside the apartment that Tara and Willow shared. And he was holding the blond witch in his arms and she was unconscious.
The door opened quickly. "What the Hecatae!" Willow ushered both Spike and Tara in. "Please, take her to the bedroom." They both got there and Spike gently set her down. "What happened to her?" The redhead turned to Spike and took a good look at him. "What happened to you?"
Spike felt his face. There were cuts on top of the ones that he had already gotten in fight earlier that night. "I'm not sure. How's your girl?"
Willow took a good look at her everything. There wasn't a scratch on her. The redhead looked back up at Spike. "Where were you? Do you remember anything?"
The vampire shrugged. "I just remember meeting up with your girl. I don't remember where or what was going on. Something just ain't right."
Tara whimpered like she was in a great deal of pain. Her eyes flashed open. But it was like there was nothing there. Instead of the warmth that was usually there, there was nothing but a cold blue.
Sign up to rate and review this story