Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

68

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2263 words

0Unrated
Faith wasn't sure anymore how long that she had been attached to a wall. Just hanging around she was. But hanging around an insane vampire and numerous demons and vampires was not what she called a fun time.
And neither was the news of Buffy's demise. It still resonated throughout her entire body the thought that she was now all alone. Well, the lone slayer as it should be and was always foretold that it would be.
After all, she and Buffy existing at the same time was not really ever supposed to have happened. And according to all the watcher's chronicles, there had been no other time in history when there were two slayers at once.
Maybe it was supposed to be this way. Maybe it was she that was supposed to live. Or was it that she was in the wrong place at the right time and that's why B died and not her?
So many thoughts were running around the formerly rogue slayer's mind. It was as if it could not be shut off all these thoughts that tormented her. Some she needed to think about. But going over and over B's death and her own living were not something that she wanted to continually be thinking.
For the most part, the young woman was surrounded by death. After all, half of Drusilla's minions were just the walking dead. And most were not of the very intelligent, that was for sure. Faith couldn't help but wonder why vampires weren't more picky on who they turned. Or if it was for this reason. That they wanted mindless minions to serve only them.
Her eyes wandered around the cave. There was Ethan talking to the insane vampire. It was still several months before Willow and Tara's baby would be born. So she could not help but wonder what the evil twosome was now up to.
And she chuckled a little to herself. As always, she was a slayer to the core. She wanted to know what the baddies were up to before they made their move. If she did, the fight would be so much easier that way.
And all this trying to figure out what the insane vampire was up to kept her from thinking only of B. B would always be on her mind, there was no doubt of that. But this way she had something to focus on. Something that could be used for good.
She already knew that Ethan would only share what he thought was necessary for when the time came that they had to rely on each other to take down Drusilla.
The slayer still had not let on that she knew why Ethan wanted this so badly. She already knew what was going on with the sorcerer. That he was not looking out for himself for once but his unborn grandchild and his child. It made her wonder how most baddies would in affect screw themselves over royally just to protect their own flesh and blood. Sometimes she had to wonder about if humans were any better.
She shook that thought out of her mind as she thought of Mrs. Summers. Which of course naturally lead her to B. B had lucked out with the mom department. Hell, Mrs. S had welcomed her the minute that she had stepped into town. Invited her to dinner and everything. And even after she had tried to kill her daughter she had opened up her arms to the rogue slayer. It was a wonder indeed after the parents that Faith herself had had.
But that was in the past. One that she had to remember so that she could learn from it. But one that at the same time had to learn to forget. For no amount of anything she did now could ever make up for her past sins. But she would never stop trying.
A sound caught her attention. Two vampires and a demon that she thought was a F'yarl demon were getting into it. Drusilla clapped her hands. The three barely separated even with this little bit of warning.
The slayer smiled to herself. In a way this was good news. For it meant that the natives were getting restless. Drusilla may not be able to keep them as under control as she thought she could. Of course, there was the downside. With her chained up like she was, if hell broke loose she would probably be the very first casualty.
"""
Xander watched the clock as it flicked another minute gone in the night. This was just another sleepless night for him. It was just like all the others so far since one of his best friends had lost her life.
And he was still pondering what that exactly meant. Not just to the world, for that was an obvious one. The loss of a slayer, even with an experienced one like Faith, was a major beyond the telling of it kind of loss. What he was wondering was how he and the others would be able to go on.
True, their lives revolved around the slaying and all, but they had still become quite close. Although, they had not been quite as close this past year and a half of college. High school had seen them have a very tight bond. But college and growing up had seen them slowly grow apart.
Yet they always, always seemed to be there for one another. It was just the way that they scoobies had been. And now, he wondered what they would do without a key member of that exclusive club.
A sigh escaped him and he felt Anya wrap her arms tighter around him. She was asleep, but yet she seemed to sense that he was in a bit of turmoil. One that he did not know how to get himself out of.
One thought crossed his mind. Something that the gang had really yet to do since the funeral. And that was just hang out. They had pretty much kept to themselves with the exception of the daily scooby meetings. And that was just informational stuff. There was nothing of bondage going on there.
That last thought brought a little bit of a smile to the carpenter's face. Bondage. In actuality, they had all been at one time or another tied up. But the smile quickly faded as he realized that one of them at that very moment was still very much tied up. And there was still nothing they could or were supposed to do it about.
Another sigh brought another tight squeeze from Anya. He may only be twenty years old, but something had been crossing his mind of late. And with Buffy's death, it had sprung to the forefront. It was something he was not sure if Anya was quite ready for.
But Willow and Tara had already proven that age had nothing to do with it. That they had a bond stronger then most people twice their ages. So that was not a real argument at all.
Again, another sigh. But this one was because he knew what he wanted. He was sure that it could work. But his only worry was that it was too soon for the woman he loved. After all, she was still dealing with becoming a human again. Granted it had been over two years, but it was a lot to adjust to after a thousand years of being a demon. So, what was the carpenter to do. He smiled to himself again as he felt Anya kiss him in her sleep.

"""
Tara continued to stare into space. Everything that Willow had tried did nothing for her girl. It was as if the spirit inside of her had been sucked out of her somehow and all that was left was now the beautiful shell.
"What the hell happened tonight Spike?" Willow sat on the edge of the bed, her hand holding tightly to Tara's. "I need to know what you two were up to so that I may have a chance of turning my girl back from the vegetable that she is."
Spike took out his cigarettes but thought better of lighting one at the look that the redheaded witch shot him. "Bloody hell! It wasn't me that got your girl into this scrape. I just happened to come along. I tried to protect her."
"I wasn't blaming you." Willow took a deep breath as her words a moment ago sunk in. "Even though it might have sounded like it. I just want to know what she was doing tonight. Maybe that way I can come up with something. Cause if you haven't noticed every single thing I've tried has been a bust here."
"I very well have noticed." Spike swallowed hard. "I'm not supposed to be divulging this information. It was supposed to be just Tara knowing but somehow I got some of the info thrown at me." Another look from the redhead and the vampire knew he had better just say it. "She was looking for a way to bring Buffy back. I should have stopped her. I knew it was too dangerous. But you know what she's like when she's made up her mind."
Willow smiled sadly at the thought. Most thought that she had a resolve that you couldn't fight. But she had nothing on her girl. Tara would outlast anyone, especially when it came to someone that she really cared for.
"You couldn't have stopped her. Not for a second." Willow's voice was beginning to soften a little. "I just need to know all the details that you can tell me about what happened tonight. It might just be her only hope."
Spike quickly recounted the evening. Leaving out the minute details of his trying to stop her. He just told her of the yoda guy and what all had transpired. At least what he could remember. He knew that there were some memory lapses, but that was all that he could say.
"Thank you." Willow got up and did something that the vampire had not expected her to do. She hugged the vampire tightly. "You couldn't have stopped her. A thousand wild horses could not have. But you stood by her and for that I will always be grateful. Now, I just have to try and figure out something. From what you said, I don't think her human mind was equipped to deal with the information that she was given. At least not in the raw form that it was in."
Spike nodded. He knew of a little of magicks being a demon himself. And he'd heard tails of things not going so right when demon and humans tried to intermingle. It was always a risk. And he knew that Tara must have known that. Either the stupidest gint or more likely the bravest woman he had ever known. Well, besides one that is.
The vampire watched as the redhead gathered things from various places in the apartment. Some of the things he recognized and even had used in spells himself. But then, there were strange things that he wasn't sure if it was a good thing to be messing with. But he trusted Willow. He had to.
"This should work." Willow sighed heavily. "But as everyone knows, there are no guarantees in magicks. Or life for that matter. And this is a spell I'm kinda making up as I go. So we'll see how well it goes."
Again, Spike only nodded. He knew another thing about magicks and that was the fact that concentration was the key. The redhead was probably already distracted by the thought that this was her lover she was having to perform a new spell on. And the baby inside of her was probably always in the back of the mind.
Willow took a pink crystal and placed it in a bowl made of clay. She added to it holy water, sage, and something that Spike didn't recognize. He knew that the first things were for life and for healing.
"I wield power on my own." Willow's voice was strong and sure. "But I call upon mother nature herself to aid me in this time. Healing is what I seek. That is all. I need your permission to heal the one that I love."
The redhead sprinkled some purple powder into the bowl. There was a flash instantly. The air seemed to drain out of the room for a few minutes. The lights dimmed. One last ingredient and that was earth from right outside their apartment.
Another flash. The lights came on. Willow quickly made her way back to the bed. Tara's eyes were still open. And there were still no signs of life that she could see. The redhead took her hand in her own. Tears were forming in the corner of her eyes.
"I just don't know what else to do, my everything." Willow fought back the tears and leaned down and kissed her gently. It was sweet and tender, tentative in fact.
Tara blinked her eyes. She looked around the room. She saw Spike standing there, his arms crossed against his chest. "Bloody hell Red! I think you did it with the kiss."
Willow quickly looked at Tara who's eyes were bright and full of life. She began kissing her. "I thought I'd lost you. Goddess, don't ever do that to me again." Tara held her tightly. And knew how lucky she was to still be here to tell her tale.
Sign up to rate and review this story