Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

78

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2805 words

0Unrated
Spike wandered through the sewers. Daylight had yet to really hit, but he knew that it was only a matter of time before it did. And he would be instant ash if a stray ray of sun hit upon an exposed skin. So he chose not to take any chances.
Something had been bothering him for a long time. This Buffy seemed to not trust him. Seemed to be more inclined to be with Faith then with him. After falling in love with his Buffy, it was difficult to see this Buffy as just a friend.
He smiled a bit to himself as he had once seen Buffy as nothing more then a play thing. Someone to test his vampire skills. To kill or be killed. And that seemed to be when life was much more simple for the vampire. For now, things were complicated.
His heart ached for the touch of a woman that no longer existed. One that would now sooner seen him staked then to work beside him. If he had been there earlier, he could have possibly made the difference, though he knew that the odds were still well stacked against him. But if he'd known, he would have given his life for her.
But she had done her usual. This Buffy had shunned him. And shunned him well. He would as sooner kill her himself then fight on her side. Wouldn't he? He shook his head not knowing the answer to that question. Not really. Would he ever know?
Spike looked up and sighed. He was where he had been on his way to. Was he prepared for this? What he thought he had to do? The old him would do anything. Could do anything. But the soul that burned within him made it hard sometimes. It made him hold `back at times. And that was not a good thing in a fight.
There were two vampires guarding the entrance. They tried to stop him. But he made quick work of them. He made his way into the underground cavern. The one that he knew Drusilla had made her home. And would be the site of whatever evil she had in store.
More demons and vampires noticed his arrival. He ignored them and called out, "Hey Dru! I'm back. Did you miss the big bad?"
Drusilla eyed him for only a second. "Why would I want something that a soul burns inside of. It's bright. And lights your way from the dark."
Spike smiled big. "Not anymore, luv." The vampire launched himself so that he was next to the insane vampire. "Now, I ignore the light. Now, I am one with you baby." He took Drusilla into a very passionate kiss.
"This is just what I needed." Dursilla smiled. "A real vampire on my side." She smiled bigger. "You can watch over the slayers. I know you can take them. Until we make another go for the babies."
"As you wish, pet." Spike made his way over to where Buffy and Faith hung on a cavern wall. He morphed into vampire mode. "Now let's see who has the bigger bite luvs."
>>>>>>
Tara stared at the basinet. The one that was built for two little ones. Her two little angels should now be laying in them sound asleep while she and her everything held hands and made sure that everything was safe for them.
But things were far from safe for her little ones. And for her everything. Tears were flowing down her cheek. They had never really stopped since Ethan had taken them. And she didn't know where he was hiding out with them. And that was not only making her sad, but she was beginning to feel the anger build up inside of her.
There was a flash and a flame started in the middle of the room. For a moment she watched the flame as if she had been hypnotized. Finally, she shook her head. And she waived her hand to put out the fire that she had unknowingly started with her powers.
Sighing, she started for the kitchen. Most would wonder why she was at home only hours after her little ones were taken. And with her partner gone and nowhere to be found most would think that she should be out looking for them.
She had in her way. She had taken to scrying for them. For three of the most powerful beings that had every existed, they appeared to be nowhere. She knew that Willow was somehow blocking her attempts. Or at least figured as much. She just wondered what Ethan was up to. And how he had come into the power needed to pull off what he had.
Tara took out the tea bag and started the tea pot. She needed something to calm her. Something to help her focus on a way to get her life back to the way that it should be. But how? She knew that Giles was working on things. But he had limited resources every since the council dismissed him. And she was now the one with the real magical knowledge. It fell to her shoulders.
That's when she picked up the mug that she had had her tea bag in and through it against the wall. She collapsed to the floor sobbing. It just hurt so much. No one should ever have to deal with their little ones being taken from them. But to have to deal with it without your lifeline. The one that made you want to get up in the morning. It was unfair to say the least.
Soon, Tara's body was convulsing. The pain was just so unreal. She had gone through so many things in her young life. Not that her father had ever been pleasant, but the moment that her mother had died was the moment that her life had turned into a living hell. And why she had gone on the run at such a young age.
Then she had met Willow. And slowly things had changed. It would have been wonderful if the two of them had been only able to be friends. But something had developed from the moment that they had laid eyes on one another. There was just something about everything. Like the fates had destined them to be together.
And if the fates had destined that, had they also destined them to be the only lesbian couple ever to be able to have children? And if so, had these same fates destined her to lose Willow and the babies and to be in this much pain. Would she feel anything but pain again?
Tara sat up suddenly. She could have sworn she heard someone calling mother to her. Breathing heavily, she looked around. There was no way that there could be anyone here. But she smiled a little to herself as some of the pain erased itself. But only a little.
Another childlike voice called out to her. Again, it was calling her mother. The smile grew just a bit, though it retained its sadness and pain. Her little ones were finding a way to talk to her. They only may be a day old, but they were already well aware of their powers and were using them.
"I'm here babies." Tara's voice cracked there was so much pain there. And from the constant crying she had done. Not only for her family, but also for Buffy and Faith. "I don't know where to find you. But I'm still here. I'll always be here for you. I love you both more then anything more in the world. I need you little ones."
"Mommy!" The little voices were now in unison. And there was an unmistakable fear in those voices. They were scared. "We need you mommy! He won't let us go. And we need to be with you. Both our mommies. Our else."
Tara felt her heart leap at that last statement. They needed to be with both she and Willow or else. Else what? She didn't really want to know. There was already what Drusilla had planned. And that was unknown still.
"Where are you my babies?" Tara was now full of fear. A fear that she hadn't known could exist. "I need your help in telling me where you are. That way I can bring mommy with me and we'll be together again."
"Mommy is not with you." Those sad voices made tears run down her face. "But we know where she is. She's at the place of power. And we're in a place for disguises. Find us, before it's too late."
Tara shook her head. Place of all the power? Place for disguises? Where the hecatate was that? And would she be able to figure out where that was before it was too late? She jumped to her feet and grabbed her jacket. This was no time for phone calls. She needed Giles. And he was at the one place there might still be answers. Answers that just might come too late.
>>>>>>>>
Willow surveyed her new home. Though she knew it really wasn't home at all. Not without Tara. And not without her babies. But this little abandoned warehouse she had found would just have to do. And with her magical ability, it could be turned into home.
The witch blew up some of the abandoned boxes. It should make her feel better to be able to do that simple little release. But it didn't. Nothing in the past few hours seemed to help. And she knew why. Deep down she knew why. She just wouldn't admit it to herself. That this dark way was not the way.
She flashed back to the time in England. Where she and Tara had both gone as part vacation, but more importantly to learn to control their powers. She knew back then that there was this force inside of her. And she knew that it was growing everyday. Not by things that she did. But just because it's the way that it was supposed to be.
Another zap of her unmatched power and another set of boxes met their fate. It just made her feel hollow inside. Without the ones that you loved, you were nothing. You were weak. There was no point in going on. And giving up on getting them back would be the final straw.
But she had yet to give up. She could still feel that burning inside when she thought of Tara. And she knew that even if it took a lifetime, her everything would forgive her for turning to the dark side the way that she had. And there was the ache for the touch. Just a look from those amazing innocent eyes that she had helped create. And that would be enough to drain all the darkness from inside of her.
That would be the one thing that would turn her for good. She knew this. Even with Tara out there waiting for her return, or searching for her, it would not be enough for her to return to the goodness and control that she had once prided herself on.
Willow closed her eyes. She reached out with every fiber of her being. Just trying to find a glimmer. A shimmer. A bit of anything that would indicate where her little ones were at this moment.
Lightening flew out across the room. She slammed her hands into the wall as failure yet again. There was nothing. Nothing for her to see. Nothing for her to sense. Nothing for her to hear. Ethan couldn't be that good. She was better. There had to be a way for her to find her little ones.
A whimper brought Willow out of her thoughts. There laying on the floor was the former owner of the warehouse that she now called home. Well, temporarily. In time she would gain back everything she had lost. At any cost.
The man looked like he had been through twenty rounds in a boxing tournament. Both his eyes were showing the signs of becoming black. Blood dripped down from his nose and down his neck. A pool was already slowly forming on the ground. One ear was torn at the top. There were other noticeable cuts and bruises all over his face.
Again, the man whimpered. "Do shut up." Willow waved her hand and the man's mouth was sewn shut. "I can't stand a poor loser. I told you I was taking this place. You were the one that had to put up a fight. You got what you deserved."
The man was only semiconscious at this point. But he managed to look up at her, hatred burning in his eyes. He tried to get up, but Willow waved her hand and he was instantly sent back to the ground. Again he tried to get up.
Willow shook her head and sighed. "Good dogs stay. Now stay!" Her voice echoed throughout the warehouse. The man began trembling with a fear that he had never known before. "I'm trying to think. I don't need to hear your whining."
Slowly, Willow sauntered over to the lone window in the warehouse. The sun was just beginning to peak out over the horizon. She smiled at the unexpected memory of waking up in Tara's arms after they'd snuggled on the rooftop all night long. Back when they were still so new into their relationship.
And another memory hit her. One that made her want to strike out at anything and anyone. The fact that she'd held her babies on a morning like this just after they had been brought into the world.
She couldn't contain herself. She sent a fireball out. In her anger and grief she didn't even bother to aim. It just shot out of her with all the pain and hate that she had inside of herself. And she didn't care who or what got in its way. It was their own fault for existing when she was in such pain.
It was her way of crying now. For no matter how much pain she was in, all the dark magics were blocking out her ability to feel anything but anger and pain. They let her no way to release it. Other then how she had.
Another whimper from the man that she had beaten so badly caught her attention. She raised her hand, another fireball growing steadily by the second. She pulled back and was about to throw it when a voice entered her head. She shook it off at first, trying to ignore it.
But then, it wasn't just one voice. It was two. And they were familiar. Ones that she had heard when she imagined when her two little ones were older. They were calling to her. Or was it someone else? Was someone playing a trick on her?
"Mommy, please stop." The voices were so sad. And there was also a bit of fear to them. "Please don't hurt the man anymore."The fireball instantly disappeared in a puff of smoke. Willow didn't even notice as the man started to crawl out of the warehouse. Instead, she closed her eyes and tried to find where the voices were coming from. They had to be near. They just had to.
"You can't find us." The voices were now mostly just sad. "Grandpa won't let you. But you can help defeat the bad lady. Just go to the place of power. The one that is the source of knowledge. Hurry mommy! Mommy is waiting there for you."
A solitary tear slowly fell down Willow's cheek. It was all that she would allow herself. It was all that the darkness would allow. For she now knew how to get her babies back. And there was nothing in the world that would stop her from getting her little ones back. A dark smile appeared on her face at the thought of nothing.
She was about to shimmer to The Magic Box when something dawned on her. Something that her babies said to her. Grandpa? What the hecatae! Had her real father come back to town without her knowing it? That was definitely a possibility. After all, she was still clueless about that. She'd been left with no leads.
Then it totally hit her. The fact that 'grandpa' had them. It really hit her. And she knew. For the first time in her life she knew. Her father was a man that loved chaos. That worshiped evil things. And had been evil in the past. Granted, he had been helping. But was all that to get his hands on his grandchildren? Because if it was, heaven help Ethan Rayne for the terror that Willow would rain down upon him.
Sign up to rate and review this story