Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

77

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2743 words

0Unrated
The cries were coming from all around. Some were sweet cries. Some were full of terror. But they were coming from everywhere and anywhere. It was enough to make a person go insane. Really truly insane. That's why Anya kept her hands over her ears and tried to think of anything but where she was.
The cries were for a reason. It was all over the demon world. The two most powerful babies ever to exist had been born. And that was what everyone in the dark world had been waiting for. But none more so then a certain crazy vampire.
Drusilla let her lackeys cry, for now. For she knew that she had been pushing them hard. But to be a good evil leader one had to push your intelligent lacking minions. And besides, the vampire loved to inflict pain on people or things or whatever was handy at the moment. Although humans still held her preference.
That's because most were innocent in nature. Including the two little arrivals to the world.
The insane vampire knew her opportunity for success was slim. The window of margin was so slim. It was true that she now held Anya, a powerful human in her own right. But she did not have the most important ingredients as of yet. She lacked a slayer and she lacked the babies.
The slayer would be easy. She'd been watching the two slayers patrol. She knew they had a routine about them. And they were beginning to rely on each other rather heavily at the moment. And that was a weakness she planned on taking advantage of.
The babies would be another thing all together. They were protected by the two most powerful witches in Sunnydale and possibly the world. That was going to be the tricky part. Getting the two babies that she so desperately needed. And then it hit her. The idea that would garner her both of what she needed.
Drusilla clapped her hands together garnering the attention of her lackeys. All eyes were on her in an instant as well as total silence followed. Anya uncovered her ears. She needed to hear what was going on. She maybe chained to a wall but there was still the possibility that whatever she learned now could come in handy later.
"Everyone, I have plans for you." The insane vampire began swaying back and forth as if she were dancing to a melody that only she could hear. "As everyone knows by now, what we've all been waiting for. The ones have arrived. And that means my destiny and the world's demise is not that far away. But we have to get one of the slayers and we have to get the little ones."
"Beggin your pardon my queen, but getting the little ones will be nearly impossible." A squirmy little vampire stepped out of the pack of minions. "But getting the slayers will be even harder. Fighting one slayer is nearly impossible. Fighting two is like have a death wish."
Drusilla leapt from the edge of the stones that she had been standing on looking down at her minions. From behind her she pulled a wooden stake. "I don't accept talk like that. From anyone." Without hesitation, she plunged the stake through the vampires heart. "You don't think I haven't thought of all of the possibilities? You think that I don't know what could happen?"
All of the demon followers quickly backed up. There was silence all around. They knew that if anyone spoke now it would mean that their lives would soon end. That what life they had would not be worth living if she did let them live.
"Now, for those of you still here you will have your assignments. I know exactly when and where to strike." Without effort the vampire leapt back to her perch to look down on her minions. "Tonight after the sun goes down we will all attack. Yes, even including me. We will all show these goody two shoes what evil really is."

It was well after midnight as the gang was now gathered round The Magic Box. Willow and the twins had been checked out at the hospital and all was well. Tara had the little girl in her arms while Willow had her protective arms around her little boy. As happy a moment as this should be for all of them, it was not. Anya had been gone for a day now. And who knew if she were still alive or not.
Buffy and Faith stood in the corner watching the whole thing unfold. They were both like caged animals at the moment. None of their patrols were producing many kills. And they knew the big bad doom was now on it's way. After all, the twins had been born. And that was the key. It still was the key.
Giles sat at the table with book upon book sitting around him. They were still so blind going into all of this. No one knew for sure what was going to happen. Not that it wasn't the first time that they would be going into a battle with little to no information. But Giles hated going into battle blind. Specially with two little ones now in the mix.
"We have to figure out what is going to happen." Giles stood and began pacing. He took off his glasses and began wiping them. "We have nothing at the moment as far as what is going to happen. We don't even know for sure where Drusilla is. And we have no clue as to where she's taken Anya."
"Tell us some good news G-man." Xander stood up and made his way towards the counter. There was an axe like weapon sitting on the counter and he snatched it up. "It's time that some dying took place. I can't lose Anya now."
Willow stood up and made her way in front of Xander. "Xander, you need to calm down. I mean I know your girlfriend was abducted and all. And believe when I say I know how you feel bout her being in danger. Wasn't that long ago that I almost lost Tara. And then I was stupid and not forgiving of her. But that's besides the point. You know that we'll do everything in our power to get her back."
Xander's eyes met with the new blue eyes of the little boy in his best friend's arms. They were the bluest eyes that anyone had ever seen. So much like his mother's. Tara's eyes were so similar but yet there seemed to be something there. Like a hidden knowledge or power or something. Even though he hadn't looked into those eyes only a few times now, it seemed to have a calming effect on him.
"Hey little Alexander." Xander played with his namesakes chin a bit. Without even thinking about it, he placed the weapon he had picked up back in the counter. He then looked up into those pleading eyes of Willow's and could see that she had a fear there as well. One for the baby that she was holding in her arms.
Buffy eyed the situation from the corner. She hadn't bothered to bring Spike in on this. Yet anyways. She got the major wiggins every time that she was around him. Not that she didn't trust him. She knew that this Spike had a vampire and had fought on the side of the scoobies well before that. But there was still something there that she couldn't quite put her finger on.
Faith was glued to Buffy. It seemed that she was now codependent on the original slayer. She had no faith in her own self if you will pardon the pun. For someone that used to be so cocky and sure of herself she now let others lead. Even in battle she would rather let others take the lead.
Tara sat quietly with the little red haired girl that snuggled into her chest. The one that was clearly more like Willow even though she was only literally a day old. Not just the red hair either. There were just so many traits like her mother. And the blond witch could just feel the power that emanated from her baby girl. It was almost scary, especially when you combined it with her brothers own power.
Giles smiled as he watched how calmly that Willow handled the near blowup by Xander. Even though the carpenter for the most part was the most calm headed of them all, he even had his boiling points. And losing the woman that he loved so dearly would be that point. He looked around at the other members of the young adults that had so easily given up their normal lives so that they could help fight the forces of evil. It made him proud to see how far they've all come. And all the while resisting the temptation of going over to that dark side.
His eyes met with Willow's for a lone solitary moment. There was so much power there still untapped. If he had really been honest with himself, he would have realized it the minute that they had met so many years ago. She not only was an intellect like himself but a powerful person overall.
And she had proven that power more then once. And what was better was the fact that she had realized the fact that that power could so easily be the destruction of herself and others around her. That was where she had come the furthest in his opinion.
But back to the problem at hand. They were still at a loss. Tara had tried doing a locator spell to find Drusilla but wherever she had herself hidden was cloaked somehow. And they still couldn't find any information on what she would want with a slayer and the babies of two powerful witches.
The possibilities were quite scary. The natural power that a slayer possessed once they were activated were terrifying. And even a potential slayer had a great deal of power inside. And with the power that Tara and Willow possessed to combine them together in two offspring was mind boggling.
And now you had to add to that Anya. Giles had kept back the fact that the exdemon also had a great deal of power inside of herself. She was this instant untapped power source for someone that knew how to use it.
At that moment, little Jenny started to scream. It wasn't long before Alexander was doing the same. It appeared that the two little ones shared this bond between them. Willow clutched her little boy even tighter. Tara stood up and made her way towards her lover and her other little one.
Before anyone could react, the front windows crashed in. Demons, vampires, and a certain insane vampire were among them. Drusilla's wild black hair flowed in the cool night air. The moonlight made her skin look even paler as she made her entrance.
Buffy and Faith were instantly in front of the rest of the scoobies taking a fighting stance. They had weapons and stakes at the ready. As any good slayer would say, one can never be too careful about the weapons that one carried. The more the merrier.
"Hello all." Drusilla sauntered to the front of her lackeys. "Now, if you'll just kindly hand over the little ones we'll be more then happy to leave you alive. Perhaps not unharmed but still breathing."
"That is not an option." Buffy took another step towards the evil vampire. "You are not going anywhere with those innocent babies. And we know that you still want one of us slayers. There is no way in hell that that is ever going to happen. Only over both our dead bodies."
"You tell her B!" Faith stood a little straighter waiting for the attack. She was wondering why they hadn't just attacked. Them crashing in the way they had had been like an alarm going off.
"Really." Drusilla shook her head. "That can so easily be arranged. In fact, the way things are it won't matter much if you are dead or alive. I just like bleeding people while they are still alive. That much more fun."
Not another word was said. All hell broke loose instead. Buffy and Faith attacked the first wave of demons. But there were simply too many of them. It didn't take long for some of them to leak through their line of defense. That's when Giles and Xander took up the fight. In the corner, Tara and Willow held tight to their little ones. A protection spell on both their lips at the same
time.
Something that no one ever expected to happen happened. Drusilla pulled out a gun. Both slayers looked shocked as four of her lackeys held both slayers tightly in their grasp and held them out like human targets. The insane vampire took aim and shot them.
Instead of a loud gun shot, there was only a slight sound. Both young women were shot with a tranquilizer instead of a bullet. With their sped up metabolisms it didn't take long for the sleeping drugs to kick in. Giles watched in horror as both his slayers slid to the ground. But it wasn't long before darkness overtook him as well. Xander watched in horror as a horde of demons made their way for Willow and Tara. But before he could do anything, darkness overtook him aswell.
Just as the demons were about to make their way through the protection spell that both witches had been trying to keep up, the demons were blasted away. Drusilla screeched as she saw who had made his way through the back entrance of The Magic Box. Ethan stood tall in front of the two young witches. One that didn't know that he was in fact her father.
"You traitorous little man." Drusilla started for the sorcerer. But she was instantly sent back like her own lackeys had just been seconds ago.
"You will not touch these children." Ethan's eyes were a blacker then black. It was as if pure evil was rolling around in them. But yet he was managing to keep it all together and use it for the good that was needed of him."I will have them." Dursilla again made her way towards the two witches. Most of her minions had already left with the two slayers as had been part of the plan.
But Ethan being there was certainly a monkey wrench in the plans."Girls, go now!" Ethan held up his hand. As the two young witches were about to sneak out the back door, the sorcerer waved his hands. The two little ones disappeared from their loving mothers' arms. "I'm sorry ladies but only I can keep them save. Now go. I promise to protect them."
Willow's eyes grew black in an instant. Tara was urging that they should go that they could trust Ethan but that they need to go. And she was pulling on Willow's arms. But the redhead ignored it. Ignored it all. Everything was blacked out at that moment.
Drusilla stopped in her tracks. She knew when to run. And now was that time. Slowly, Willow made her way toward Ethan. Her voice was dark, not like her own in the least. "Give me back my children now!" The voice seemed to thunder everywhere. "I won't guarantee that you will live if you don't give them back."
"Willow!" Tara's pleading voice fell on death ears. The blond took several steps back as her everything turned towards her. Not only were her eyes dark, but her hair was now darker then the night. And there were dark veins across her face. "Willow?" There was now a weakness to the young woman's voice.
"Willow doesn't live here anymore." Willow snapped her attention towards Ethan but he was now gone. "Now look what you've done. He's gone! And with my babies." Willow dug her nails into her hands so much that blood started to drip from them. "I will have my revenge. He will pay! The world will pay if they are harmed." There was this waver of light and she was gone. Leaving Tara wondering what was going to happen. And if she would ever get her love back again.
Sign up to rate and review this story