Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

76

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2795 words

0Unrated
A few months have passed since last we saw the gang of Sunnydale. Nothing has happened since that time. Buffy and Faith have spent a lot of time patrolling together. The two seem to be growing closer and closer together. Spike has distanced himself from the rest. He has these feelings of jealousy over the two slayers. Giles and Mrs. Summers have grown close. So close that on this very day the two have decided to move in together. Much to the blond slayer's chagrin. Xander and Anya have continued their dating rituals, with Xander having a nice little plan for his beloved. And Tara and Willow have been busy preparing for the arrival of their two little daughters. With some surprising help from one Ethan Rayne.
Soon summer would be upon the gang. School had already been let out for the summer season. It was supposed to be a time of relaxing for most college students. But not our gang. Buffy had decided to go back to college. She took up where the Buffy of this time had left off. It seemed more and more that she was fitting into this time. It was almost like none of the bad things that had been predicted were to happen. There was that false sense of security. Or was it like the calm before the storm? Or both?
Xander smiled to himself as he lay out the blanket and food for the picnic he had planned. He smiled for two reasons. He remembered his best friend telling him how she had so carefully done something so similar for her girl. The flowers, the food, the ring in his pocket. And he knew that Anya didn't have a clue at this point. It was going to be the surprise of her life. He hoped that it would be a very good surprise indeed.
He had all of her favorite foods waiting for her. They had gotten so close over the past year that he knew her likes and dislikes by heart. And today was too special of a day for him to royally screw it up like he usually did. The ole geek in him always seemed to find a way to screw up anything that he wanted so badly. Would this be any different?
Suddenly, he started to panic. He started to sweat quite profusely. It wouldn't do for Anya to see him like this. He had to stay calm, cool and collect for things to go as well as he wanted them to. And he would die, well not literally, if something were to go badly. This was the woman that he loved so much and wanted to spend the rest of his life with.
A shadow fell across him. He looked up to see the amazing woman that he planed on spending the rest of his life with. He had been so wrapped up in his own world. His own fearst that he had not heard her come up behind him. Just taking one look at her made him relax. He let out the breath that he hadn't known he was holding in.
"Anya!" Quickly the carpenter stood up. "You look great! Come. Sit down. Have some food. It's yummy. And all just for you."
The exdemon smiled down out her boyfriend before she sat down next to him. "What is all of this Xander? Not that I'm complaining, but it really isn't necessary you know that. We could have stayed inside and out of the sun and in a cool place and had lunch. Or do you prefer the nice fresh air? Or is this a hint that I need the fresh air and possibly a tan? Am I too pale for you? Is that it?"
Before she could continue, Xander kissed her gently. "Now, to answer your questions. Anya, you look great no matter what. I just thought that outside would be more romantic way for the two of us to spend the afternoon. And there is something else." He slipped his hand in his pocket. "This isn't exactly the way I saw myself doing this, but I guess as long as I ask and the answer is the one that I'm hoping for..."
At this, Anya's eyes widened considerably. She held her hand out in instinct. "I don't know what you are talking about. So I'll just let you continue. Without saying anything. Without interrupting. Without getting in the way."
Xander smiled and took a deep breath to get his thoughts in order. "We've been dating now for over a year. I have to admit at first that I wasn't sure about dating an exdemon. Especially one that cursed men. But I soon realized that you did that because in a way you cared about women. And hated men. So for you to find something with me, I find it amazing. That me, this ordinary guy, is the one that you are willing to try and make a life with. And I couldn't be happier. Well, that's not true. I could be happier." Xander slowly opened up the box. "One thing could make me the happiest guy in the world. If you, Anya Jenkins would do me the honor of marrying me. I'd be the luckiest guy in the world."
Tears were in the corner of Anya's eyes. Her mouth looked like it was trying to work, but no sound was coming out. She held out her left hand even further. Xander took it and put the ring on her finger. "Xander! I'm so happy!" She threw her arms around him and pulled him into a tight embrace. "When? Can it be soon? I want it to be soon. Perhaps a June wedding. Don't care if that's cliche. I just want you as my husband as soon as possible."
"Whenever you want, my love." Xander held her tight. "I love you. And we'll be with each other for the rest of our lives. So I have no worries."
"You should." Both turned to see about half a dozen human looking creatures. The only thing that made you realize they were far from human was their eyes. They were these pools of what looked like swamp water. This green/brown with specs of black throughout. These guys were definitely far from the human category. "We are your worries."
Before either Anya or Xander could react, one of the demons had a hold of the carpenter. "What should I do with this one? He's not the one that the boss wants."
Before the leader could respond, two more of his demon buddies had a tight grip on Anya and were taping her mouth shut. "Just leave him. Well, make him take a nice nap before we go. The boss wants the woman. He's no concern of ours." The demon holding Xander smiled before he pulled back and punched him in the face. It was a solid hit and he was out before he hit the ground.
It wasn't long before the demons had Anya in the cave. Drusilla danced into the light of the surrounding torches. She clapped her hands together like an excited young school girl. "Oh goody! You finally got me my pressie. About time. I've waited so long for the key."
Anya's eyes widened as Drusilla came towards her. She flashed instantly to her demon days. Something she hadn't remembered until that very moment. She remembered one little incident that happened. One where she nearly didn't survive. It was a showdown with the insane vampire. That had been one hell of a battle.
"You do remember me." Drusilla put her hand over her chest. "I'm so touched. It will make things easier. You know dear, even in human form, you have more power then most demons do. And I'm going to use that to my advantage." She quickly turned her back on the exdemon. "Make her comfortable. She has a bit of a stay with us. One that she won't survive."
''''

Many of Willow and Tara's days had been spent together. Not only had Willow taken a leave of absence from her classes, so had Tara. It had left more time for the two of them to spend time together. They had also spent time with the gang as well. There always seemed to be time for one another. And Willow so hoped that the original scoobies would always find time for each other. It was something she couldn't imagine. The four of them ever on opposite sides like Buffy had told them about.
Willow would look at Buffy and wonder about the scars that she had on her face. There were so many of them. So many she wondered how she had survived for all of these years. And how many of those scars had her alternate ego inflicted on her best friend. That thought sometimes kept her up at night.
But thinking happy thoughts were of the day. For she was alone with her girl. They had nothing special planned. And it didn't matter. The thing that mattered was that the two of them were together and things were of the quiet for once. Were they too calm? That was always a possibility. Things seemed to go calm before they got bad.
But she wasn't about to let thoughts like that get to her. Negative thoughts were no longer allowed. They couldn't be. That negative thinking could lead to a negative effect on her little ones. And that was the last thing that she wanted. She wanted two healthy little girls. Ones that were strong and a lot like their mother. Tara had a strength that few knew about or understood. It was a quiet kind of strength. One that Willow didn't know what she would do without that in her life. One that she counted on always.
Of the two of them, Tara was the one with the strength. She was the one with the control. She was the one with the true knowledge. Willow might be this ultimate geek, book smart woman, but Tara had this instinct about her. One that rarely seemed to lead her astray. She just seemed to know what to say or do.
Willow could sense that inner strength the minute their hands touched so long ago on that accidental meeting. One that to this day she didn't think was an accident. Something told her that it had been destiny to meet that the two should and would always be together. Was the world trying to protect itself? Or had some other powers out there put these two lucky women together.
That thought made Willow smile. What if something or someone had wanted them to meet. Was there someone or something looking out for them? Had she broken up with Oz just because she was fated to be with Tara? That Tara was the real love of her life? That the two were to be together for ever and for always with no one else getting between them?
The redhead knew the answer to that one. No one would ever come between the two of them. They were fated to be together. They shared one heartbeat. They shared so much that they were like two halves finding each other after the longest of times. It felt right. It felt amazing. It felt like there was no other place that they should be then to be with each other.
"I still think you should be in bed." Tara was outside on the patio. Willow was standing beside her. The two were grilling up some vegetables. Eating a little healthier since the two were soon to be moms.
"Don't be silly." Willow wrapped her arms around her. "I've been fine for the past two months. No more little false alarms. Or big ones. Nadda. Just you and me and alone time and it was great. We better enjoy it after all it will be soon that we are blessed with two little girls. I'm sure they'll be bundles of energy."
"If they take after you, they certainly will." Tara leaned back into her girl. The feel of the ever growing belly made her smile and happy. Those were part of her. Lives that she help to create and was going to be responsible for.
"And what does that mean?" Willow gently kissed her girl's neck. She put her head on her shoulder and inhaled the wonderful scent. The smell of her girl. She loved every last bit about her. From her touch to her smell.
"After last night, you can play miss innocent and act as if nothing happened?" Tara turned around in her lover's arms. Her blue eyes met with green ones. "You are supposed to be taking it easy. That's not what I'd call easy. You were..."
"Passionate?" Willow smiled an innocent smile. "You bring out the vixen in me. You bring out the woman that wants me to show you every day what you mean to me. I love to show you how much I love you. And I don't care what the doctors say. I think it's good for our little ones to feel so much love."
"I can't argue with that last part." Tara smiled big. "Or any of it. You are quite the vixen." She smiled even bigger. "You are my vixen." She kissed Willow on the nose before turning her attention back to the vegetables. "Time to eat, my vixen. You want to eat out here or inside?"
Willow looked up at the warm afternoon sun. As much as she loved the daytime and being outside, it was getting hot. There was a little bit of sweat forming on her forehead. "Don't know if it's the sun or what but I think I need to cool off a bit. Though, if I'm next to you, I doubt that will be easily done."
Tara couldn't help but laugh. The last couple months had seemed like a dream. There had barely even been any vampire sightings by Faith and Buffy. Not that much in other demon activity as well. And Drusilla seemed to have gone underground for good. The two had lived like a normal couple for the past two months. They'd barely even used magick at all.
Except for the one spell the two did together. Willow finally convinced Tara that she was strong enough and all right enough to try it again. She still wanted to find out who her real parents were. So, she'd done a spell individually. Both had said that they were right in Sunnydale. But that couldn't be true, now could it?
It wasn't long before the two were inside and in the coolness of an air conditioned apartment. The two sat at the kitchen table and enjoyed cups of tea and the yummy grilled veggies they had so carefully prepared. The two ate in silence. Playing footsie under the table the whole time they ate.
Willow's smile faded suddenly. "Tara, I need..." Her breath became ragged and she couldn't finish her sentence. "Time." That's all that she managed to say.
"Oh my!" Tara was up like a shot. She grabbed the bag from the bedroom that they had prepared. "Can you walk? Do you need my help? Do you want me to call an ambulance?"
"No..." Willow doubled over in pain. "Time." She managed to get herself to their bedroom. "Coming." Again, she was cutoff by a sharp pain. "Now."
Tara was by her side in an instant. She had her positioned so that she could help in any way that she could. "Shouldn't I call 911?" Willow shook her head and let out a scream. That's when Tara noticed a little head starting to makes its way out. "No time is right." Instantly, she had her hands underneath the new little one. Slowly, the baby made its way into the world.
Crying. That's what the baby and both mothers were doing. Yet they had to do another round. It didn't take long again for the newest life to be born. And this one was a bit of surprise. Instead of having two little girls, the two witches found themselves with a little boy and a little girl. Now that was surprising.
"They're both healthy." Tara held the boy in her hands while Willow held tight to the little girl. "And they are both amazing. Just like you."
"Just like us." The two sat there, enjoying the fact that they were now mothers. Not just mothers to be. It was an amazing feeling. One that only another parent could ever hope to understand. And they forgot about Tara's dream. About the warnings. About what future might be for their two little innocent ones.
Sign up to rate and review this story