Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

75

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2854 words

0Unrated
AN Hey my friends! Sorry to be gone a bit. Been a bit busy. I got my own website now. If you want to check it out, tells a little bout my writing. http://www.webspawner.com/users/agneshhagadus/index.html And feedback is appreciated. Will update it, just not sure how often. Anyways, on with the important stuff. Story time my friends. And never to be forgotten, to my muse. Love ya!

Morning burst onto the residents of Sunnydale. And around Sunnydale that was a good thing for most of the bad things tended to go underground and stay there till the rays of the golden sun had faded into nothingness. But it was also a restless time for those creatures of the night. When they tended to do most of their planning for oncoming evil.
And today was no exception. Tales had already spread among the demon community. The two powerful witches were going to have offspring. But they were not only going to have one, they were going to have two. Depending upon which demon you were, it meant either double the trouble or double the goodness.
In one insane vampire's case, it meant doubly the goodness. Her thoughts were dwelling on the fact that she had been betrayed. Betrayed by a weasely human. Weak was not a strong enough word to describe him. And she had bought into all of his lies. She should have known better. But the need for a sorcerer had been great.
There was still that need. That position needed to be filled and quickly. It was soon to be upon them the time of the arrival of the two little ones. And there was still so much to do. She had to get at least one, if not both of the slayers for her plans to work. It had been hard enough the first time when they hadn't suspected anything. Now, they were all on full alert.
"Come here." Drusilla purred at one of her minions, a fellow vampire. "I have a job for you." The little male vampire shook visibly as he slowly made his way toward the vampire. "It's a very important job."
"What is it, my master." The male's voice squeaked as he spoke. Fear was definitely running rampant throughout his entire weak body.
"Just this." With one stroke, she snapped his head off from his body. His head turned to dust in her hand while the rest of his body settle to the floor. All heads turned to look at the insane vampire. "Oh goody! I have all of your attention! Just what I had wanted." She brushed her hands of the dust. "Now, we have a problem. Have had for a while now. Ever since you all let Ethan escape with that slayer."
There were a few grumbles. A sharp look from her quickly silenced the complaining minions. Drusilla began toward the opening of the cave. She knew that she herself could not go out. Not without a death wish could she. But that didn't mean some of her other minions could not go out. That was the good thing about having more then just vampires at your beckon call.
"There are those of you among us that can go out into those pretty rays. For they are pretty, if I remember correctly." She turned on a dime. "It's been so long since I've seen what the sun looks like. Felt the warm tingly feeling it gives. Life giver it is." She stood straighter. "Or life taker." She giggled a little. "Now, those of you that are immune to the bad ole sun I want to go. I want you to find the slayers. Bring them to me. And quickly."
The looks she received made her angry. The lot that she dealt with was full of fear. They were weak. That was the only way to describe them. Weaker then weak. It was sad really. When one so strong had to depend on those that were so weak.
"Oh, but I also have plans. For some of you lot." She clasped her hands together in excited anticipation. "Some of you will be going looking. Looking for a certain someone. Someone that I had forgotten about. And I'm sure that lot of those goody two shoes had as well. She could very well be the key. Go! Find her! And the slayers!"
There was no confusion among the minions. They knew who she spoke of. There had been talk for weeks about finding this girl. That she had power that she didn't even know existed. And that power could be used to help with the ritual. And that had kept Drusilla happy. But not for long. Never for long. The minions took off like a shot, leaving the whole lot of vampires beyond them.
Drusilla slowly made her way to the area in which she had deemed her throne. She was queen of all that looked on. And she would use that great power that gave her for evil. For soon she would have two slayers. And it wouldn't be long until she had those two sweet and little innocent ones in her arms. Oh how she would corrupt them.
'

Spike could still feel the burning inside of him. It had driven him crazy at first when he had gotten it. What had he been thinking getting his soul back? It hadn't had the desired effect that he had wanted. Part of it was to make himself better. But the bigger thing was to win the heart of a certain blond slayer.
There had been a bit of a connection with the Buffy of his time. Perhaps there could have been something between them. Perhaps not. But they could have definitely been friends. That much he knew. But now that his Buffy was gone and he had to settle for this imitation of her, he wasn't so sure it had been worth it. The burning. The aching. The shear insanity dealing with all the evil that he had done in the past.
His crypt didn't seem big enough at times like this. He just wanted to be out killing something. But with the fact that there was a thing called the sun out there he would have to be content in pummeling the walls of his crypt. There were already a few sizable chunks missing from the walls. Ones he would have to fix later.
Right now, he didn't care. Buffy looked at him like she wanted to kill him. Even after a few nights ago in the cemetery and the breakdown that he witnessed between her and Faith. It seemed she could forgive and let go of the terrible crimes that she had done in her world. Why couldn't she let go of the things that he had done? What had he done that was so terrible that she could and would not forgive him?
The old Spike would have gone to her and beat the information out of her. But that would be exactly what she was expecting. For him to be the big badass and do the evil thing. Sighing he looked down at his bloodied hands. They were numb he had hit them so many times. But yet, there was blood. And a lot of it. He stared for what seemed like forever.
Numb. That was what he had started to feel. Besides the constant burning that his ever present soul made him feel. Nothing. Well, after that scene in the cemetery anyways. He was having trouble with wanting to fight the good fight. He was having trouble wanting to do what he knew was right. What should be done.
But if he gave in, what would be the point? He had fought, nearly to the death for his soul to be returned. Why give up so easily for something he had fought so hard for? For he stilled loved Buffy. More then words could say he loved her. And he knew that his Buffy had loved him. Could in time this Buffy love him as well?
He screamed as his fist went flying into the wall again. This time, he did feel something. His hand had shattered. "That was bloody brilliant." Spike quickly turned and found the bandages that he kept ready. More for her then for him. He carefully wrapped both hands. Careful with his right hand. It would heal on its own in a day or two. Part of the nice thing that came with being a vampire. Quick healing.
But would it be fast enough? For it wouldn't be long and the twins would be in this world. And he knew that Drusilla wouldn't stand idly by and just watch from the sidelines. No, she would take the offensive when she could. He was still trying to figure out exactly what that offensive would be.
He still knew her so well. And yet, she was different then when he had known her. She was even more unpredictable, if that was a possibility. She didn't seem to care about the consequences. It was almost like she was under the influence of another. Of something.
Spike shook his head. He was thinking. Perhaps he was thinking too much. He needed to rest now. His stupidity called for that. For the more he rested, the faster his wounds would heal. But again, the thought of would it be in time? Did he just make the biggest mistake of his undead life in injuring himself? Only time would tell.
''''''
The doctors had reluctantly let Willow go from the hospital. It's not that there was a real danger for the babies, but they felt that they could observe her better and that they could help reduce her stress. But she would have none of it. She just wanted to be home and alone with her everything. In fact, all of her friends had stayed away.
Oh, Buffy and the others had called. As had Giles and Mrs. Summers to check on her. But they were respecting the request that the two young lovers had made for some alone time. The two were still doing what they could research wise. Not that there really was anything more to find out. But they were at least making an effort.
Tara insisted that Willow either lay on the couch or stay in bed. She didn't even want her up to eat. The two shared their meals in their bedroom or the living room. And Willow had taken a leave of absence on some of her classes. Ones that she could easily get caught up in no time. Being a brain did have its advantages sometimes.
Daylight was now filtering into their small bedroom that they shared. The two had held each other all night long. Just being in one another's arms was an amazing feeling. One that they never tired of. It was how every day should end and how every day should start. With the two of them wrapped around each other and showing the great deal of love they had for one another.
But Willow could sense that there was something that Tara wasn't sharing. And after what they had recently been through, it hurt. For she knew that she had overreacted a bit the last time. But she had finally come around. Had she done something to upset her everything? Or was it something else.
As if sensing her uneasiness, Tara sighed heavily. "There is something I've held back. And it's not because I was afraid you couldn't handle it, I've been trying to figure out if it is for real." Willow looked up at her. Tara was sitting up and Willow had her head on her lover's stomach. "I had a dream while you were in the hospital. One that foretold of what is two happen to our little girls."
"Girls?" Willow smiled a little at the thought. "Not important. What exactly was it that you saw? Don't be afraid to share. Remember, it was just a dream."
"That's what I'm not so sure of." Tara smiled sadly. "It was so real. More real then any dream I've ever had before. It was almost like a...."
"Prophecy?" Tara nodded. "Kinda like those slayer dreams that Buffy has had from time to time. That's creepy. And scary. Scary cause I can tell that it was something of the not so good, that's for sure."
"The first part of the dream was nice." Tara smiled a little brighter as she recalled the images she had seen. "I was making breakfast for the little ones. We named them Amber and Alyson. They were almost five years old. And they were getting grossed out by their two mothers kissing. It was so cute. Then I remembered the scars. The twins had scars on their bellies. And I was transported to this place. I'd say it was the cave that Faith was held in. I saw..."
Willow slowly sat up. She could see tears forming in those sea of blue eyes. And pain. So much pain was in them. And just at the remembrance of this dream. No wonder she had held off sharing. Especially under the present conditions of her pregnancy. "Go on. It's all right. I can see how painful. But just tell me. We've got to figure it out. Knowledge if safety."
This made Tara smile sadly again. But the tears still slowly streaked down her cheeks. "I heard the cries." She swallowed hard. "I could see you and me chained to the wall, gagged." Again she swallowed hard. "I saw our two little girls. There was blood. They'd been cut. And Buffy and Faith. They hung on the wall. The knife came closer. That's when I woke up."
Willow reached out her hand and wiped the tears away. She put her hand on the back of Tara's head and pulled her down into a kiss. A deep passionate kiss. One that was meant to take away some of the pain, hurt, and the helplessness that she knew her everything was feeling.
They pulled back and green eyes stared into blue. Love was sent in waves between them. The comfort that brought was amazing to both. It was just amazing to be in each other's arms. So many things had happened in the relatively short time that they'd known each other. But it was amazing too. How in an instant they knew. Knew that they would be together, forever and for always. Nothing but one thing could ever make them part.
"I'm not sure if it was a dream or a prophecy." Willow smiled a small smile. "But even if it weren't just your worse nightmare come true and it is a prophecy, we've been able to overcome prophecies many times. So many times. This is no different. If we know what to expect, we can overcome it. Somehow. We always seem to do."
"I know." Tara's voice was soft and sad. "But I still hate the thought of anything happening to our little ones. And we don't even know for sure what this ritual will do. We still haven't found that out."
Willow sat up and pulled her everything into her arms. "Just relax. Easier said then done I do realize. But we can't do anything else. We just have to go on what we know. We know that Buffy is back in her world it was far worse then this one. Faith is free and ready to kick some demon butt. We sorta have the help of Ethan which I'm still not sure of. Spike is fighting at our side. And we have each other. We can overcome anything as long as we have each other. You know that as well as I do."
Tara squeezed her hard for a moment. "Didn't I used to be the one that was all keeping our focus and looking on the bright side?"
Willow chuckled softly. "Yeah. When did that change?" Again she laughed softly. "Don't think it's really changed. I just think that you were the one that saw the things. And it felt so real to you. The good and the bad. So, you are the one that has that extra fear. And extra motivator to avoid those things happening. Seeing and feeling are believing."
"Feeling." Tara put her hand on Willow's belly. "Knowing." She kissed her gently on the lips. "Believing." She put her forehead on Willow's and stared into those emerald green eyes. They would be priceless if they were real jewels. No one could put a price on her.
"Always." Willow intertwined their left hands and the rings that they shared touched. It was like they were reaffirming what went without saying. They loved each other and were part of one another. That would never change. But just to be able to retell those things. Make sure that the other knew them, that's what life was about. They would get through anything as long as they held on to one another. Forever and for always.
Sign up to rate and review this story