Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Why Put a New Address On the Same Old Loneliness?

Demons Of the Past

by pixi_dust 0 reviews

Adia meets someone from her past unexpectedly... someone she hoped she would never see again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-12-10 - Updated: 2006-12-11 - 1374 words

0Unrated
I had broken it in three different places, one spot not even being a complete break. I had one of the casts that were rock-hard annd went past my elbow. Also the kind that it had become typical to sign. Oh, Pat was going to pay. I would make sure of that.

"Here ya go," Joe said, smiling at me as he threw me a bottle of blue bubblegum Jones. I caught it in my left arm and- with some effort- opened it. He ploppd down by me and opened his, which was orange cream flavored.

" 'Continue on the path you have chosen and success will be yours...' " I murmured, reading the fortune under the cap. Man, those were so cool. Great taste, a fortune, and very kick-ass flavors. Too bad hardly anybody knew of it. I closed the bottle and set it between Joe and I. He did the same.

"Like you've chosen a path yet," he laughed, resting his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around his shoulder.

"I'm not even twenty yet, take it easy on me," I replied, resting my head against his. No telling what we looked like then- two glass bottles between us, and we were cuddling. Oh yeah. That MUST have looked normal.

He began humming the tune to an Iron Maiden song, the title I couldn't recall but I knew I loved it. I squeezed his shoulder and closed my eyes, listening to him.

"Now, what do we have here?" Pat remarked, strutting in- or so it seemed to me. "Since when do you two love up on each other all the time?"

Joe laughed. "We're just relaxin... hanging out... you know?"

Pat laughed. "yeah, I know." He sat down by me. I cringed.

"You okay now?"

"Oh yeah, I'm doing great," I replied sarcastically.

"You know I'm sorry, right? I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Uh-huh. Right."

"You don't believe me?"

"Um... no." I glared at him.

"Oh my God..." he sighed, walking away.

"That was a little cold, Adia," Joe said.

"I don't care, it's because of him my fucking arm's broke."

"No, it's actually because of the chair you and I just happen to be sitting in." He patted the arm of the chair.

I grinned. He had a point. "PATRICK!!" I screamed.

"WHAT??"

"COME HERE!!"

Pat walked in and sat across from me. 'What?"

"Sorry."

"... What?"

"Sorry," I said slowly.

"For what?"

"Being such a bitch. I know it wasn't your fault."

"Oh, okay." He began to walk away.

"Hey, Pat."

"Huh?" he turned around.

"Do me a favor."

"What?"

"Beat the living hell out of this chair and make it wish it was never born," I remarked, smirking.

I smiled over at Pat stupidly. "You know what I'ma gonna call you?"

"Hmm..."

"BOBBY!!" I screamed, laughing hysterically. he got a look of comical disturbance on his face.

"Riiiiggght..." He slowly walked away from the chair Joe and I sat in, leaning against the wall. His eyes were narrowed and he was grinning.

Joe squeezed my shoulder and brought his knees up to his chest. He was wearing some kind of cologne... and the scent was familiar. I rubbed my nose with my shirt, and notice that it semlled just like Joe- but decided to ignore it. Just then the phone began to ring, but Joe and I were unable to answer.

"Bro, get the phone," I asked over and over again. After about 10 unanswered rings, I became frustrated.

"GODDAMNIT BOBBY, GET THE PHONE!!"

"Yes MA'AM! God...!" Pat muttered as he jumped up for the phone as it rang for the fourtenth time. "Hello?" he snapped as he lifted it to his ear. "Yes, here she is." He handed the phone to me.

"Hello?"

"...Dia??" The voice on the other end was so familiar... after a moment I realized who it was, and it felt as if all the blood had drained from my face and my hands became cold and trembly.

"..N... Never call here again," I whispered, pressing the 'talk' button. Joe looked at me questioningly.

"Adie, who was that?"

"...Kaliam..." I murmured. A look of quiet frustration came over his face.

"He knows..." Joe murmured. "He knows we all hate him! He KNOWS he shouldn't talk to you!! He KNOWS-"

"Dude, calm down.." Pat said. He leaned against the wall, arms crossed, an expression of deep thought on his face. I closed my eyes and put my head on Joe's shoulder.

"God forbid he ever come back into our lives..."

Pete walked through the front door and looked at Joe, a worrying expression on his face. "Dude... what's up?"

I shook my head warningly- Joe was still quite pissed. His face had turned an angry shade of red, and it appeared as if Lucifer himself would crawl out of his mouth and kill us. I hated seeing Joe that angry... but we were both angry.

I was in such dep thought I didn't hear Pat and Pete talking, until I heard "He's trying to talk to her?" My eyes snapped over to them. They appeared to be in deep conversation. I got up quickly, and began to go up the stairs but stopped at the foot, resting my hand on the rail.

"Yeah, after what all the bastard did to her... he thinks we're just gonna forget something like that?!" I heard Joe mutter angrily. "I don't care if it's been three years or ten... that stuff STICKS."

"Uh-huh... Maybe you could just block his calls or ignore his number?"

"We don't got ID, genius."

I ran quickly up the rest of the stairs as I heard Joe say, "I'm going up here with her." Just as I sat on my bed he walked in.

"You okay?" he asked sweetly, hugging me.

"Uh... yeah."

"Well, I figured-"

"Unless he becomes a major problem I won't pay any attention to him."

"That won't be long," he muttered, rolling his eyes. He took my unbroke arm and examined my arm, rubbing his fingers over my wrist and palm. Faint red marks covered them.

"How long has it been since that all happened...?"

"Three years," was all I said. I didn't really want to recall the night- it had proved to me just how bloodthirsty and psychotic he had really been.

"Well... wanna go shopping? I got paid today," Joe said, face covered in a cute grin. I smiled back and nodded.

"We can at least get you out of this dark house," he said as we walked out the door. My hair shone in the sunlight, and a once unfamiliar warmth bathed my skin. "You're leaves were even shriveling up, you poor thing," he laughed. I giggled along with him as we got in the car and drove to the mall. God, this place was REALLY unfamiliar. I had been away that long... it kinda scared me. The weather had gotten a little cooler too... Autumn must have been coming. Wilmette wasn't really a place for change, though. It was all pretty much the same.

The first thing we did was get a coffee at Starbucks. We sat down and began sipping at mine slowly- it was way better than mine or Pete's. I watched all the people coming in and out until... I saw him.

Almost seven feet tall, with black, spikey hair and brown eyes, a little chubby and his face looking kind of like a child's, he wore a white tee shirt, black jeans, and combat boots. He had ditched his glasses for contacts, and had eased up on his eyeliner a little, and he had a safety pin in each ear. I... knew it was him. So many things carved into his arms... they looked like tattoos. The one thing that stuck out the most was my name, cut carefully into his wrist. I pulled up my sleeve and felt my own arm.

"Dee?" Joe muttered. "What up?"

I didn't answer, but turned quickly as Kaliam stood and began walking towards the exit. He was easily the tallest thing there. I crossed my fingers, hoping, praying. Please, don't see me. Oh dear God, please...

Oh, God definitely chose not to express favoritism towards me then.
Sign up to rate and review this story