Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Once Upon a Hoodie

Sit tight

by twip101 7 reviews

Spontaneity at it's best.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 1233 words

4Original
AN. Just thought you guys would like to know how the hell this story started. I've been writing it since August. I'm a slow ass writer so it's taken me forever to finally figure it out.

Anyways, it all started when I went to the first of 3 PATD shows on their summer tour. Brendon stepped out on stage to sing 'Baby One More Time' with The Dresden Dolls wearing this...
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Twip101/IMG_2300.jpg
And while all the girls around me started screaming and declaring their love for him, I started screaming, showing my annoyance and hared for him. (Well not really hatred, cause I heart that guy, I was mad) Because a couple weeks before I took this picture of myself...
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Twip101/me/1255157583_l.jpg
See a common denominator? He totally stole it from me. lol
Yeah, well I came home 3 days later and started writing this story. Thanks for reviewing! Hope you guys like it. And sorry for rambling. -shutting up now-



I lean against a random car parked in front of the house (I have no idea to who it belongs to) and mutter some not so nice obscenities. I was so dead set about getting out of the house that I forgot one minor/major detail: I didn't drive here. So here I am stranded in a place I'm not sure of, standing in front of a yard where people are puking in the rose bushes while my best friend is probably getting some action from a musician. Gross.

Suddenly I hear footsteps and a familiar voice.

"Wow. I must have made quite an impression if you insist on being wherever I am. Can someone say stalker?" I sense a smile on his lips.

I turn towards the voice and smile. "Actually, I think it's the other way around. I've been beating you to the punch. I was here first."

"True, but this time it's different."

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow. "How so?"

"That's my car you're leaning on." He lifts his car remote and unlocks the doors.

"Oh." I quickly stand up straight off the car. "Sorry. I needed something to lean on and this was the first thing I saw."

"It's all good." He opens his passenger door and throws something on the seat. He turns back to me. "I thought you were making a get away?"

"I thought you were."

"I am, hence the reason I'm outside." I nod. "I ask again, I thought you were making a get away?"

"I was- I am. There's just a glitch in my plan."

"What is it?"

"I don't have a ride. My ride is currently either passed out in a bedroom or doing something else in a bedroom which I rather not know. Either way, she's in a bedroom."

"So, you're stranded?"

"To put it lightly, yes."

He nods in thought. "So where do you live?"

I laugh nervously. "Too far, so don't even think about it."

"What? It's 10:30 at night. My night is completely free. I was just going to stay in my hotel room all night, but taking home a pretty girl, who I made a complete ass out of myself in front of earlier, sounds so much better."

"I don't even know you. I don't ride with strangers."

"You don't know me?" I shake my head. "Then how did you know my name without me having to give it?"

"Because you're in one of my favorite bands, that's why."

"So if Panic! at the Disco is one of your favorite bands, I'm guessing you know more about me than most strangers."

"That's not true." Actually it was.

"Really? Ok, so when's my birthday?" I remain silent. "It's ok; I already know you're a stalker." He smiles jokingly.

"April 12th." I mutter.

"Alright, where do I live?"

"That's an easy one. Everyone knows that answer."

"Fine," he thinks of another question. "Ah ha. Most people don't know this, but what did I want to go to school for if I wasn't in a band." He waits for the answer.

I sigh in defeat. "Cosmetology."

"See? For a while my parents didn't even know that. Which makes you knowing that a little freaky, but hey, that cuts the getting-to-know-each-other time in half."

"Getting-to-know-each-other time? When did I agree to that?" I smirk.

"You haven't yet, I'm just psychic. You will agree eventually when I'm driving you home." I open my mouth to protest, but he beats me to it. "And you will agree to a ride home because other wise you'll be stuck with drunks trying to get into your pants."

I scoff. "And when will I agree to this ride home?"

"Right now, after I ask you your name." He smiles and pauses. "What's your name?"

I'm reluctant to tell him my name, but it's only fair, right? After all, I do know what high school he went to. "Desi."

"Desi? That's pretty." He smiles at me again. "Now, Desi, I am offering you a ride to anywhere you want. I don't care how far it is cause I got a full tank of gas and nothing else to do. I'm usually not this generous, but I'm making an exception. I have a feeling I know the answer already but it's nice to ask anyways. Would you like a ride?"

No, no, no. But somehow a "yes" exits my mouth.

His smile grows. "See, I told you I was psychic."

I laugh, "Shut up and get me out of here."

"Yes, ma'am." He clears a way for me to enter the passenger door. He makes his way to the other side of the car and gets in. "Now, where to?"

"You said anywhere, right?" I ask, testing the waters.

"Anywhere you're heart desires."

I look to my left at him and gently bit my lip. "This sounds stupid, but I always wanted to go to the beach after hours."

"Well to the beach after hours we go." He fastens his seatbelt and turns on the engine. He turns to look at me with a serious look. "Just so you know I'm not usually this spontaneous."

"Trust me, neither am I."

He nods. "How old are you?"

I open my mouth but decide to close it. Usually its second nature to lie about it, but something is stopping me. "Do you want my actual age or the age everyone thinks I am?"

"Actual."

I look down at my hands in my lap. "Seventeen."

He nods. "And you're out at a pretty crazy party far from home on a school night?"

I look back at him. My second nature comes back again. "I don't have school tomorrow."

"Let's just say I believe you and we'll leave it at that for right now."

I nod. "Let's just say I'm tired of being the little girl my family views me as and we'll leave it at that for now."

"Deal." I smile gratefully at him. "Now, I don't live here. Where the hell is the beach?"

I laugh. "Well have no fear; you have a true born Californian sitting next to you. I have a 6th sense for beaches. Just go straight and I'll tell you where to go from there." I smile.

"Alright. Let's go." He puts the gear in drive and heads away from the loud house.
Sign up to rate and review this story