Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophecy

Letters

by story_master 5 reviews

The five sleeping heroes awake to find Theresa safe and sound asleep on the couch in Jay's arms. The seven try to figure everything out and Theresa is determined to find out if everything was a dre...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 3291 words

2Original
Tory: Hello there! Sorry for not updating sooner. But it's been kinda hectic. Okay I know that I said that there would only be one more chapter, this being it, but I've been doing some thinking and I've decided to do one more after this. With everything that I wanted to write it just wouldn't all fit into one chapter. So this one will be about everyone finding Theresa and you'll find out if it all was just a crazy dream or not. I can't say much else with out giving the chapter away. And the next and definitely final chapter will have an ending that will have it all- fluff, everything coming together, and much more. Well here's the next one. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Don't own, probably never will... but I can dream can't I? lol. I just own my stories:)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The morning came rather fast for the five injured heroes. They all woke at the same time, even Neil was up, and walked groggily to the stairs. They all walked into the kitchen completely unaware of their two missing, and now sleeping, teammates in the living room.

" Anyone seen Jay?" Herry asked as everyone sat around their kitchen's island.

" Not since last night. Why?" Atlanta replied tiredly.

" He's normally the first one up." Herry replied.

That's when they heard a soft mumbling coming from the next room. They all exchanged confused glances and rushed into the living room. The five came to a short stop when they saw Theresa and Jay asleep on the couch.

None of them could help but smile at the position they were in. Theresa was lying beside Jay with her hand across his chest and Jay had his arms wrapped protectively around her. As if the world would shatter if he let go... if only they knew how close that was to the truth.

The mumble had been Jay stirring in his sleep. He moved again but this time it was caused by the loud screams of his teammates and a flash.

" Theresa!" You're okay!" screamed Atlanta with joy.

This made both Theresa and Jay wake with a start. The two sat up and looked at each other. A shade of crimson had fallen over their features. Atlanta had at that time hauled Theresa off the couch and pulled her into a hug.

" You're okay! You're here!" Atlanta cried, she had small tears forming in her eyes.

Everyone hugged Theresa and said how happy they were that she was there. Even Archie had some tears in his eyes. The seven went to the school to tell Hera that Theresa was safe and sound and that Cronus wouldn't stand a chance now. Then, after about five hours, they headed back to the brownstone.

" Ohhhh, I'm so glad that you're okay. I missed you so much." Atlanta said hugging Theresa for about the millionth time.

" I'm glad to be back. You guys wouldn't believe wha-" but suddenly Theresa stopped, her eyes widened.

" Theresa? What is it?" Jay asked, concern filling his voice.

When she didn't answer they all felt their previously calmed fear rising again.

" Theresa?" Jay asked, walking up to her.

" The letters." Theresa said absent mindedly.

" What? What letters? Are you okay?" Jay asked, he was now standing in front of her.

" Yeah. I've just got to... find something." Theresa said as she slowly came back to reality.

" Okay. Are you sure?" Jay asked, not quite sure if she was telling the truth.

" Yeah." she replied reassuringly with a small smile.

Theresa then went up to her room. She sat on her bed and thought. ' Now where could those letters have gone? I could've sworn that I had them when I got back...' her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at her door.

" Theresa?" it was Jay.

" Yeah?" she asked, not getting up to open the door.

" We're going over to the school to talk with Miss Hera. Are you coming?" he asked, not opening the door.

" Uhh. No. I think I'll just stay here." she replied.

" Okay. Well, you know where we'll be..." he trailed off.

Theresa got up and started to walk over to the door but she heard his foot steps leaving so she just sat back down.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It had been a few hours since the others had gone to the school and Theresa had torn apart most of the house looking for the letters. She had finally given up and decided to sit down in the living room.

" Maybe it was just a dream." she sighed.

That's when she noticed her PMR on the floor. It was opened and there was a picture on it. Curious, Theresa picked it up and her face brightened.

" It wasn't just a dream! But then where..." she thought about everywhere she had been.

Then she felt something poking her side. The couch! She got off the couch and threw off all the cushions. Sure enough the letters were in the last place she looked. She walked up to the roof and looked up and the setting sun. Then she pulled out her PMR.

" Hello?" answered Jay.

" Jay! You've got to get back here now! Hurry!" she said quickly and then shut off her PMR.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jay was worried. When he opened his PMR he saw Theresa with her hair all a mess and she looked tired and out of breath.

" Guys, we've got to get back to the brownstone. Theresa's in trouble." he said as he took ff out the door.

The others followed without hesitation. They hopped into Herry's truck and were off.

When they arrived back at their place they opened the front door to find the entire down stairs a catastrophe. This caused them all to worry.

" Theresa?" They called out, hoping for the best.

" Up here." her voice called back.

" The roof." Archie said before racing up the stairs with the others.

They burst through the door to the roof, weapons drawn, to find Theresa sitting on the edge.

" Theresa?" Atlanta asked, taking a step forward.

She stood up and turned to face them. Then she handed them each one of the letters.

" What's this?" Neil asked as he examined the envelope that had his name on it.

" Okay, you guys had better sit down for this." Theresa said after the letters were all handed out to their respective recipients.

" What is it?" Herry asked.

" Well..." Theresa told them everything that she remembered- being in the future, running into Cronus, becoming 'wanted', asking for help from her long lost friends, being turned down by them all, feeling hopeless, running into Jay, asking for help again for the others, being shut down again by the others, fighting Cronus, having the others show up one at a time, kicking Cronus' butt, and then being sent back.

Through out her story Archie had started to open his letter but Atlanta slapped his hand. He rubbed it and shot her a look. She shot one back and then they went back to listening to Theresa. When she was done it was quiet for a moment.

" So... these are to us... from ourselves?" Neil asked.

" Yeah. Well... your future selves." Theresa replied.

" So can we open them now?" Archie asked.

Atlanta slapped the back of his head playfully. He shot her another look and everyone just laughed.

" Yes Archie. You can open them now." Theresa said.

Everyone got up and went to their rooms. Everyone but Theresa. She stayed up on the roof with her letter unopened.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Neil went into his room and sat on his bed. He looked down at the envelope in his hand and slowly opened it up. Then he unfolded it and read it aloud to himself:

'Dear me,
I just want me to know that in the future you will still be good looking. I know that that will be your biggest question...

Neil sighed at this. Typical Neil.

And keep the others as good friends. They're the best that we'll ever have. And just so you know don't try and ask Atlanta out, Archie won't be very happy. So unless you suddenly gain the ability to run really, really fast don't do it.

Neil sighed at this too, only this sigh wasn't a sigh of relief. It was a sigh of sorrow. He had really grown to like Atlanta, maybe not quite enough to ask her out but if it happened in the future then who knows.

Oh and try not to use all the hot water anymore. That will be the smartest move you can make my friend. There's not much else to say except goodbye good luck and stay yourself.
From, your future you.'

Yes it was short but to Neil it spoke a million words. He wiped away a small tear that he hadn't noticed formed and reread the letter again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Odie sat down at his computer table and looked at the letter. 'From the future? That's impossible... but we have done the impossible before..." he thought before opening it. It read:

'Dear past Odie,
I know that, since you're me or I'm you or something like that, you're thinking that this is impossible. But everything that has happened since we've met the others has been contradicting the impossible hasn't it? Well, no matter how hard times seem or how hard things get between you guys never forget that they're your friends. Don't do anything like that time when we joined forces with Cronus. Next time things might not work out so well. And face your fears of being claustrophobic. Our friends our here to help. Trust me you'll get over it soon enough, but sooner is always better than later. The future is great! You'll really love it. All your gadgets and stuff will really take you seven far. I can't say whether or not you'll defeat Cronus. But if you stay together and stay strong as a team I have no doubt in our mind that you guys can't do it. Good luck and remember: you're never alone, you are just like the others. Maybe not as fast or strong but without you there would be no team.
From, You.'

Odie had to laugh at that last part. He really wished that he could've gotten a chance to speak with his future self even if for only a few moments. He had so many unanswered questions.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Herry hadn't gone into his room. He had gone down to the living room and found a clear spot to sit. Surrounded by the messy contents of the room he opened the letter:

'Dear me,
Things have been a little messed up back there I'm guessing. I'm not really sure how far back we sent Theresa. But I think Hera said it was just after Cronus beat you. My guess is he'll come around again and think that Theresa is still where he sent her. But I know that you guys will kick his sorry butt. Do me a favour and kick it extra hard for us too. Just remember what Hercules told you about also using your mind. Cronus'll probably put up a pretty good fight. But nothing you guys can't take. Don't worry about Granny either. She's still here and doing pretty good. You know that she'll be around for a while to come. Just don't lose your head if Cronus decides to attack her again. You got her back once and you can do it again. Remember to always have faith in yourself, your team and friends. They'll always be around to pull you up if you fall. Don't lose them. And in the future if Atlanta and Archie start to fight don't step between them. It won't end too well for you. Same for Theresa and Archie. Just let them deal with it. Or get some help from Jay and Odie. I'm not really sure what else to say because Theresa going back there will change this future. So I guess this is where I say some sort of goodbye. I'm not really sure how though because you're me and I'm you so I'm not really going anywhere. But all the same, goodbye you.
From yourself to come.'

Herry had to laugh at the part about stopping Theresa and Archie or Atlanta and Archie fighting. He was definitely going to keep that in mind. As strong as he was, nothing could stop those guys from fighting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Atlanta flopped down on her bed and then turned onto her stomach. She unfolded her letter and read with some excitement and some hesitation:

'Dear me,
Wow, this is weird, writing to myself ten years in the past. I'm not really sure what to say. I guess the first thing I have to say to me in the past, or you, would be ask Archie out already! Even though in this future he turned us all against Theresa and didn't speak to us for a few years, that spark between you two didn't die. As big a jerk as he can be at times you know his true side. Just think about the time in the library after Jay had gone missing too. Wait I guess that that wouldn't have happened because we sent Theresa back before that. But just trust me, yourself, on it. Follow your gut and just go for it. Also watch out for Neil. The future him asked me out and it wasn't the best idea in his model head. Archie got really mad so you know that he cares. And wake up earlier, even though he says that he'll stop using all the hot water, you know he won't. It's Neil... he'll never change. And don't let anything come between you or the others, not like what happened with Pan. But even if, on some off chance that you don't follow this advice, and it happens again don't worry. The friends that we've got are the best and they'll stick by us. Oh and go easy on Arch, I read the letter that the future him wrote him and he may try and ask you out. But knowing him he'll be stuttering and fumbling with his words so help him out. Well I guess this is where I say goodbye. We were never really good at goodbyes were we? Even though you'll never meet or know this you, I know that we'll grow to be a strong, not to mention fast, person. I just have on piece of advice left for you. Don't do anything that'll hurt you team or yourself. Great now I'm sounding like Jay... but trust me on it.
From, yourself, ten years in the future.'

Atlanta's tears had spilled down onto the letter and she had to stop a few laughs from escaping. She thought about how crazy all of this was yet somehow it all seemed to right and so believable.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archie sat in his worn out bean bag chair that was just tossed in the corner of his room. It was his favourite because Atlanta had gotten it for him the team's one year anniversary. He opened the envelope and tossed it aside then he opened the letter, drew a slow breath and read:

'Dear me,
First off you should apologize to Theresa for everything that you've said to her. I mean that's what started all this. I know that you'll- we'll- never stop fighting and arguing with her but next time don't push it so hard. Ten years in the future here and I learned that there was more to that fight then what was said. Turns out that Theresa was going through some pretty tough times and that little fight sent her over the edge. You should go ask her how she feels later. It'll mean a lot to her. Next off go and tell Atlanta how you feel. I know that she feels the same way so biggest worry is at rest. Also when the future her wasn't looking I sneaked a look at the letter she wrote. So your Atlanta will know that I'm telling you to tell her your feelings. Just go for it. You take risks everyday fighting Cronus but you're afraid of asking a girl out. And don't even think that ' it'll wreck your friendship with her' because it won't. That's not really why you've been avoiding it. I should know, I am you after all. Just push everything out of your mind, except how you feel about her, and go for it. Show her your sweet side. Since Theresa was sent back to before this happened you won't know that she fell for your sweet side. She was upset and crying in the god's library, yes Atlanta was crying but don't mention it to her or she'll kill you, and you stayed by her and comforted her. She really liked that. Oh and don't kill Neil. He likes Atlanta too, only he doesn't know it yet, and he'll try to ask her out. If you kill him Cronus wins. And you know that the others will stop you. Just scare him a little. Trust me it'll be the best thing to see, and make sure you have your PMR handy. Cronus will probably attack you guys any day so stay on your toes and give Jay a break. He was going to run away thinking that it would be better for the team so don't do anything that makes him think you question him as a leader. I guess that's all except for: don't take your friends for granted. It'll ruin your life and have you hiding in a forest from Cronus and his goons. So goodbye and remember all of this.
From, you.'

Archie didn't quite understand the part about the hiding in a forest but who was he to question his future self. He had to smile at it though. He reread the part that mentioned Theresa and knew that he had to apologize. And he was definitely going to ask her if she was okay. He knew that his future self knew what he was talking about.

Archie got up and tucked his letter in a place where he knew it would be safe. Then he left his room and walked over to Atlanta's. He drew a slow breath and held his hand up to the door. He knocked rather hesitantly and waited.

" Yeah?" came Atlanta's voice from inside.

He slowly opened the door and poked his head inside.

" H-ey Atlanta. C-can I ask you s-something?" he stuttered.

" Uhh, sure Arch. What is it?" she replied, drawing in a long breath.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How will these letters affect the heroes' lives? Will Cronus attack? What will be the outcome of Archie and Atlanta's conversation? Read the actual final chapter to find out.

A/N: See I told you that there was a lot. That's almost six pages on my word program. So, like I mentioned before, I've decided to split it in two and have one more chapter. I just had to end it there for major suspense. :P I wasn't really sure how to do the letters so don't hold it against me. And the next one will open with Jay's letter and then probably have the rest of Atlanta and Archie's conversation and so on from there. I hope that you liked it. I'm sad that it's almost over. I just have to ask, again, if you think I should do a sequel. Send a review my way letting me know what you think about the sequel idea and about the chapter. I will definitely, without a doubt, update much sooner this time. That's a promise. Until then, Cheers!
Sign up to rate and review this story