Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Old Friends

Holding out for a Hero - Part 2

by RavenChild 0 reviews

Part 2 of Vinny and Julie's flashback. Meanwhile, on earth the boys are in trouble and it's up to Kerry and Mandy to save them... R&R please and thank you.

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-01 - Updated: 2007-01-01 - 2746 words

1Moving
Chapter 7: Holding Out for a Hero - Part 2


- Flashback...(conclusion) -


20 MINUTES LATER, AT THE YOUTH TAVERN!


Vinnie pulls up in front of the Youth Tavern in a screeching halt. He straddles off his bike. He throws off his helmet and drops it absently on the ground. With a focused mind, Vinnie pushes the doors of the Tavern wide open. He scans the room with his eyes until he sees his target clearly. Vinnie clinched his teeth in anger. He coiled his hands up into a fist. Then he begins to march forcefully up to the table where Calvin sat quietly, listening to Janice, Kerry, and Mandy singing another song on stage.

Calvin received an unexpected shock when Vinnie slammed his hands down on his table. "Oh, it's you. What do you want, runt?" He calmly says before he takes another sip of his soda.

"Ok. Being that you were dating my best friend, I had let this 'runt' thing slide. But now, after what you just did to her, the gloves are off!" Vinnie spat shaking his index finger at him.

"Oh please. You couldn't fight your way out of a hand bag." Calvin joked.

The whole Tavern gasped when Vincent reached down to grab Calvin by his shirt and threw him up against the wall. Janice, Mandy, and Kerry stopped singing, they stood, shocked to see what is happening.

"Nobody beats up any of my friends, especially Julie, and gets away with it... You hear me, you 'rat'!" Vinnie angrily shouts loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Unhand my, very expensive, shirt!" Calvin growled in a low tone.

"Awe, what's the matter? Afraid that I might splatter blood all over it?" Vinnie retorted just before punching Calvin as hard as he can on his nose.

"You're going to pay for that." Said Calvin as he got back up. He started rubbing a few droplets of blood from his nose.

"Bring it on..." Vinnie taunted.

Calvin rushes up showing his size, which is much taller then Vincent. He swings his fist around so fast that Vinnie didn't have time to block it. With a loud crash, Vincent landed hard on the table behind him, causing it to break along with a few glasses that sat there.

Once again everyone in the Tavern gasped. Janice, Kerry, and Mandy look at each other with worried expressions. Kerry reaches over to back stage and pulls out a gun from her jacket.

"Is that the best you got, runt? Come on GET UP! Show me what you can do." Calvin angrily bellows.

Vinnie staggers up from the broken debris. He mentally admits this is his first fistfight that he has ever been in. The image of Julie burned in his mind. That created such anger that boiled strongly in his veins. The adrenalin of this fight over powered the throbbing pain on his now bleeding lower lip and jaw. However, the moisture he now feels on his face brought his hand up to touch it. When he saw his own blood on his hand he began to show more fury towards Calvin.

In the corner of Vinnie's eye he notices a chair standing beside him. As Calvin started to charge him once more, Vinnie quickly picks the chair up with his tail. He drags it close enough for him to snatch it up with his hand. With one major swoop, Vincent swung the chair directly over Calvin's head.

While Calvin stammered in a dazed, confused state, Vincent attacked. He started punching the older mouse with all his strength. Without warning, Calvin took an opportunity to punch Vinnie in the left ribcage. This move took Vinnie by surprise as he bent forward to gasp for breath.

"This is getting to be quite tiresome." Calvin says breathlessly as he readies himself for another attack.

Vinnie looks down to see a broken piece of glass from when he crashed through the table moments ago. Without wasting a moment, he snatches the piece of glass with his right hand and swings it upright. The jagged edge of the glass pierced through Calvin's left side on his face, just missing his eye by a half an inch.

In shock, Calvin brings his hand up to his face. He can feel the damage that the one little sharp glass created. When he pulls his hand down, he can see it covered in blood from the cut.

"That does it." He growled as he started reaching behind his back with his right hand. "No more playing games." Calvin pulls out a gun that he kept in a holster on his back and aimed it at Vinnie. "I'll kill you right now!"

Just then a sound of a gun going off was heard. Vinnie jumped slightly thinking he has already been hit, but noticed that the gun in Calvin's hand had just flew out of his grasp. Confused, Vinnie looks towards the stage where the sound actually came from. There standing strong was Kerry holding her own gun, and aiming it at Calvin. Mandy and Janice stood firmly beside her. Vinnie smiled as he mentally thanked them for the assistance.

"I think it's time you leave, Calvin." Kerry demanded.

"And we don't mean just the Tavern either." Janice added.

"We mean the entire moon of Titan." Mandy finished.

"You heard the ladies," Vinnie said sounding out of breath after the fight. "Get out of here. And if you ever come anywhere near Julie ever again...I'll kill you. That you can be certain of."

Calvin glared hard at Vinnie. He starts to pan the room to notice that everyone in the Tavern was surrounding him in an aggressive manner. This gave Calvin the impression that everyone here wanted him gone. Again he snarls at Vincent.

"This isn't over, runt. I will seek my vengeance. It will come when you least expect it. And I assure you I will not be so lenient towards you the next time." Calvin warns as he backs out of the Tavern.

Vincent, refusing to flinch, stands steadily in his spot showing Calvin that he is no coward. As soon as Calvin disappears through the doors, Vinnie again whips his mouth with the back of his hand. Some of the blood dried, but still the actual cut is still moist. Mandy walks up to him with a damp cloth in her hand.

"Here, let me get it." She says smoothly.

She guides him to sit down in a near by chair that still is standing from the fight. Vinnie winces when the damp cloth touches his wound, but he allows her to finish cleaning his face.

"Thanks." He whispers to her.

"Vinnie, how can you be so crazy?" Mandy asks him in a concerning way.

"He hurt Julie. I had to do something." Vinnie answers her with another wince of pain.

"She's lucky to have a friend like you, Vin." Kerry says putting the gun back in her pocket. "But still, Calvin is known to be a killer. That's something we just found that out."

"Yes, but thanks to us, I don't think Calvin would dare show his face around here again." Janice smirked.

**********


TWO HOURS LATER!


Vinnie returns home, a little worse for wear, but that doesn't concern him. He walks in and is immediately greeted by his mom.

"Vinnie? Oh my god. Your face!" She screeched.

"Mom, don't worry. It's just a few scratches." He assured her. "Where's Julie? How is she?"

"She's in her room, resting." Valerie answered. "My concern is you right now... Vinnie, tell me, you didn't kill Calvin... did you?" She asked with worried eyes.

Vinnie froze for a moment. He seemed quit shocked with his mom's question. His intensions were not to kill anyone at all. "No mom. But I did beat him up pretty good." He chirped proudly.

Valerie placed her right hand on her chest and gave a sigh of relief. "Oh good." She muttered. Valerie then shook her head and realized what she was saying and how she must appear to Vinnie. "I-I mean, Vinnie, don't you dare do that again. You have a nasty temper sometimes, and I don't want you to get hurt...or worse. Hear me? Promise you won't do anything like this again."

"Ma, geez." Vinnie had to take a step back from his mom. Her actions seemed a little too creepy all of a sudden. "What's up with you?"

"Nothin'," Valerie said as she suddenly backed down. "You just have a tendency to act like your father sometimes, and I worry. That's all."

Vinnie slowly shook his head in discuss. 'How could she ever compare me to him?' He thought.

"I am NOTHING like my father." He growled through clinched teeth at her before walking away.

Valerie stands and just watches her son storm off down the hall. She feels guilty in thinking that she could have unintentionally opened an old wound with him. Then again, he did start up as soon as he saw that Julie had been beaten. This whole thing is really scaring her more then she could ever realize.

*****

Shortly after, Vinnie arrives to Julie's bedroom door. He taps lightly on the wooden door, and waits to hear if someone would answer.

"Come in." A soft voice crooned from within the room.

Vinnie opens the door and walks in. Julie looks up to see her best friend walking up to her with bruises and a cut lip on his face.

"Awe, Vinnie." She sighed as she turned away from him. The sight of him nearly brought her in tears again. 'He ran out and got himself hurt. It's all my fault.' She whined in her thoughts.

"Sweetheart. Don't fret over a few scratches and bruises. Besides, that rat got the worse of it." Vinnie gave a positive grin. He proudly remembers the permanent scar Calvin will have. Especially, when that scratch he caused with the broken glass finally heals on his face.

Julie tries to smile back at him, but for some reason the thought of Calvin being hurt made her sad. She knows that he probably deserves to get all that he had received from Vinnie, and yet, part of her still loved him. Her mind also drifted on another problem that she had just found out just moments ago.

Vinnie sensed something distressing Julie; slowly he found his grin fading into a frown. "What's wrong? Look, if you are still mad at me for trying to do the right thing for you..."

"No. That isn't it Vinnie." Julie interrupted.

"Then what is it?" Whispered Vinnie. He never felt more worried and concerned for his friend before.

"I just found out that I'm three weeks pregnant." She announced with a quivering lip.

'That bastard.' Vinnie cursed in thought. He then realized that Calvin doesn't know, and most likely never will know, thanks to him and the rest of gang in the Tavern. Calvin has been chased off Titan, permanently. Vinnie sighed in relief knowing that Julie and her unborn child are going to be safe from that jerk. He looks up at Julie to see that she is still trembling in fear and uncertainty.

"Come here," Vinnie said sitting down beside her on the bed. He holds out his arms and offered his shoulder to lean on.

The second Julie placed her cheek on his masculine shoulder she started to weep. Vincent wrapped his arms firmly around her body. Slowly he subconsciously started to rock her gently. He hated to see any of his friends get hurt, especially Julie. This incident seemed to hurt him more then he would care to admit. Vinnie kept holding her, never wanting to let her go.


*************

- Present -

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER, ON EARTH!

Carbuncle, Greasepit, and the rest of Limburger's goons dragged the caged Mice into a warehouse on the docks. Kerry and Mandy stopped about a half a block away to view the surroundings. They look at each other with a smirk once they have an idea on how to save their new friends.


****


INSIDE THE WAREHOUSE...

"It's about time you goons did something right for once." Limburger marveled as the Mice in the cage slowly started coming too.

"Er, boss, there is something you should know..." Greasepit began to trail off.

"Not now, dear boy. Lets have a look at our captured rodents."

"But your grilled-cheesiness..." Carbuncle stammered.

Limburger ignored Carbuncle's warning and headed straight for the cage. He noticed that the Mice are starting to stir. Each mouse groaned and rubbed their sore heads. Limburger started chuckling with pleasure as he enjoys seeing the Mice suffer in agony.

"Wakie-wakie, you postulating vermin." Limburger taunted.

Both Throttle and Modo shake their heads from the remaining cobwebs. Their attention draws towards the smell of rotting cheese.

"Limburger," Modo growls with his good eye glowing red.

"You think this cage will hold us for long, Stink-fish?" Throttle forcefully adds as he makes an angry fist.

"Oh, I don't plan on keeping you in there for long, for you see, I plan on killing you all right..." Limburger paused as he suddenly realized something. "Wait a minute? Where is the third mouse?"

"That's what we've been trying to tell you boss..." Greasepit starts to explain.

"He wasn't with them, instead there were two other Mice." Carbuncle finished off.

"More Mice? Where?" Limburger nervously asked looking around the warehouse.

"Right here!" Came a female voice from outside the door before it was blown up.

Two white mice on motorcycles come screeching inside and blasting their weapons on the bad guys. These two vicious females created such damage on Limburger's artillery that it caused the goons to flee, including Carbuncle and Greasepit.

"Get back here, and fight!" Limburger spat at his departing crew.

That's when Limburger realized that the two strange bikers were riding circles around him. "Oh my." He whispered. He cautiously tries to step away, but quickly stopped still in his tracks when a weapon fired close to his feet. Limburger looks up to see one of the female bikers stop.

Kerry says with her gun pointing at Limburger's head, "Not another step, Swiss-cheese."

"The name is Limburger, you indigent rodent." Limburger took offence.

Kerry slowly shakes her head from side to side, "not after when I'll be through with you, it won't be."

"I say you should blast him right now." Mandy piped up.

"Awe, you know how much I enjoy 'toying' with Plutarkians before blasting them into kingdom come." Kerry gloated.

"Before you do decide to blast me, could you answer me one question?" The captured Plutarkian calmly asks. "Where is that inferno tyrant that is usually with you vermin?" Limburger demanded.

"You mean, crazy Vin?" Mandy asked, cocking her head to one side.

"He's away on personal business, so we are here to temporarily take his place." Kerry explains.

"Guess you can say you got two for the price of one." Mandy snickered. "Mandy and Kerry, hero's for hire, if you will." She adds, pointing her index finger, in a gun-like fashion, at Limburger.

"Speaking of which," Kerry added. She pointed her gun at the top of the cage and fired it, loosing the hinges enough to set the boys free.

While the Mice were distracted, Limburger pulled out a little black remote control. He quickly pushes a button, which activated a trap door beneath him. The door opened big enough for his entire body to slip through.

"Nice shot." Throttle applauded as he hoped on his bike and rode it out of the cage.

"No sweat." Kerry said waving it off like it was really nothing. "Now for the stink-fish... What?" To her surprise, Limburger had vanished from the sites where she and Mandy had him cornered.

"Hey, where did he go?" Mandy cried out.

"I wouldn't worry too much...He does that quite a bit." Modo chimes.

"How irritating." Kerry grumbles as she puts her gun back into her holster that sat on her hip.

"Well, since it will be a while before the rancid cheese-butt will show his ugly mug, I say it's time for dinner." Throttle calmly states.

"Really? What are we having?" Kerry asks as she pats her now grumbling tummy.

"Nothing but the best, li'l Darlin'." Modo coos.

"Hot Dogs and Root Bear!" Both boys crow at once.

Kerry and Mandy look at each other with raised eyebrows. They decided to shrug and follow the boys back to the Last Chance Garage.
Sign up to rate and review this story