Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Cloak and Dagger

Chapter Eleven

by LOVELA 10 reviews

What hurts the most is being so close. And watching you walk away and having so much to say.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2007-01-03 - 3329 words

5Exciting
"CoCo! Hurry up! It's starting!" Jackson yelled from the living room.

"Coming!" Collette yelled grabbing the bowl of popcorn and a carton of juice with glasses.

The boys were going to be performing at the American Music Awards that night, so Jackson, Wren, her daughter Josie, and Collette all decided to watch together.

"Ok, do we need anything else?" Collette asked plopping down the food and drinks.

"Gummy bears?" Jackson asked scanning the food.

"Right," Collette jumped up and ran into the kitchen.

She didn't know when they were performing and she certainly did not want to miss a thing. She scampered back and threw the chewy candy at Jackson.

"Thank you," he said and opened them and sat down on the floor with Josie facing the TV.

"Are you nervous?" Wren asked taking a handful of popcorn.

"I think I am," Collette said putting her hand to her heart. She didn't realize that it was beating so fast.

"That is so cute," Wren said laughing.

Collette just managed to blush. Even though Collette's stress level never seemed to be at a moderate level since Jackson's accident, she and Patrick have managed to keep their relationship going along strong.

They, of course, were taking things slowly. It had been only four months since the first time they had met in that coffee shop. There had been a couple of times where Collette was sure Patrick was going to tell her that he loved her, but he always said something else. She would say it herself, but she didn't know if she could handle not hearing it from him in return, especially if he didn't mean it.

"Look!" Jackson squealed as they flashed the boys on the screen breaking Collette out of her thoughts.

"What was Pete wearing?" Wren asked.

"Who knows," Collette mumbled.

The group continued to watch as the awards show went along.

"When are they going to go on?" Jackson whined.

He was becoming impatient with watching all the singers and bands stand up and deliver very monotonous thank you speeches.

"Soon, baby," Collette said trying to keep his attention a little longer.

They had already been watching for over an hour. She wasn't sure how much more she could watch. Finally the announcer stated that Fall Out Boy was coming up and Jackson jumped up from his spot on the floor.

"Jackson, you have to sit down so everyone else can see," Collette said trying to hold in her own excitement.

Jackson sat down, but continued to rock with enthusiasm.

"So was Patrick nervous about tonight?" Wren asked during the commercial break.

"I couldn't really tell. Pete was a little uptight, you know, not his usual joking self, so I suspect that he was nervous. But Patrick, he just was himself," Collette shrugged.

Wren nodded and smiled at Collette.

"What?" she asked looking at her friend.

"Nothing," she cooed and turned her head back to the TV just as the commercials were ending.

Finally the boys were announced and Jackson sat up on his knees and practically kissed the TV screen.

"Oh my God," Collette whispered to herself praying that the boys did a good job.

She clenched her fists and tried to keep her eyes glued to Patrick. The boys all decided to wear black t-shirts and jeans. It was odd to see them dressed the same, but it was their decision as a band. Half-way through the song, Collette let out a huge breath she didn't even realize she was holding.

When they ended the song, Jackson started cheering and running around the couch a couple of times. Collette unclenched her fists and noticed nail marks in her palms. She was more nervous than she thought.

Jackson flew into Collette's lap.

"They did good!" he said excited.

"Yup, kiddo. They did a good job," Collette said tickling his belly slightly.

He just giggled fiercely and fell down to the floor.

"Can Josie and I go play in the fort that Pete and I built?" he asked standing up and straightening out his shirt.

"Sure," Collette smiled as Jackson and Josie ran off into his room.

"Fort?" Wren asked.

"Oh, last week he and Pete made a 'fort' out of his bunk bed. It's quite cute actually," Collette laughed picking up gummy bears off the floor.

"So what did you think?" Wren asked helping Collette pick up.

"They did pretty good," Collette said taking deep breaths hoping her heart would slow down slightly.

"You seem stressed," Wren laughed.

"That's more stressful than I anticipated," Collette said laughing with her.

They were interrupted by the phone ringing. Collette looked at the caller id, but there wasn't one. She debated whether to pick it up, but didn't want to miss Patrick if it was him.

"Hello?" she answered happily.

Silence.

"Hello?" she answered again.

Silence.

She hung up the phone with a confused look.

"No one there?" Wren asked.

"Guess not," she said rinsing out some glasses.

The phone rang again, this time the caller id flashed Patrick's name. Collette's worried expression turn to pure bliss.

"Hello!" she answered excitedly.

"Hey," he said sounding out of breath.

"I am so proud of you," she gushed.

"Thanks. So you saw it?" he asked expectantly.

"We all did, and we all think you did a great job," she said to him.

"You're biased," he said giggling slightly.

"I may be, but Wren isn't," Collette said in a matter-o-fact manner.

"That's true," he agreed.

"You guys really did a great job," Collette said quieter into the phone.

"Come over tonight," Patrick said quickly.

"What?" Collette asked shocked.

"The boys are going to after parties and all I want right now is to be with you," he voice got husky in the phone sending chills down Collette's spine.

"What about Jackson?" Collette asked trying to control the quiver that was in her voice.

"Ask Wren if she will watch him," Patrick suggested.

Collette looked up at Wren who was watching the TV from a distance.

"Hold on," she said quietly.

"Wren, will you..."

"Yeah, I'll watch Jackson for you," Wren said not taking her eyes off the TV.

Collette stood there shocked for a moment.

"How did you know..."

"Oh come on. I can hear the seduction in your voice from here," she said taking more popcorn in her hand.

Collette just shook her head in amazement.

"What time?" she asked into the phone.

"The show will be done soon, so how about in an hour meet me at my place?" he said quickly.

She could hear commotion in the background and new he had to get off the phone.

"I'll be waiting," she said and hung up the phone.

It took her a moment to recollect herself, but was broke out of her thoughts by Nala and Simba barking loudly. Collette ran to the front door and looked outside, but didn't see anything.

"What are they all up in arms about?" Wren asked coming up from behind Collette.

"I don't know. They never bark at anything other than people," Collette said with a hint of worry in her voice.

"There must be a deer or something out there. They are hybrid wolves. It's only instinct to bark at their prey," Wren said nonchalantly walking back into the living room.

"Sure," Collette said still looking out the window. She couldn't help but get a bad feeling.

-----

Patrick walked into the condo and took a huge sigh of relief. He was so glad that the night was over. Granted he loved playing in front of people, but introducing new songs to an audience is always the most nerve wracking experience for him. He understands why Pete worries about it. It's his words, his soul, his everything that is being expressed in the song, but Patrick, he creates the music. If they don't like the beats or the riffs the fans aren't going to give the lyrics a second glance.

Patrick walked into his room loosening his tie. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Collette sitting there reading a book.

"Hey baby," she said happily putting the book down.

"Hi," Patrick said with great relief.

Collette stood up and walked over to him. She put her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"You were wonderful tonight," she whispered and kissed him sweetly on the lips.

"Thanks," he said between kisses.

This was exactly what he wanted to come home to. She made him feel like he was home when he was with her. She was beginning to be his everything and it more than scared the shit out of him, but he just couldn't say no to her.

Patrick deepened the kiss quickly and lowered Collette down onto his bed. Collette slightly moaned driving Patrick completely insane. It was the little things that caused Patrick to fall head over heels for this girl.

"Patrick," Collette moaned.

He had never put so much emotion in one kiss before and Collette thought she was going to explode. Her heart beat faster with every touch of skin on skin and lips on lips. His fingers were burning her flesh and she wanted him at that moment more than anything she has ever wanted before.

Even though Patrick was burning up inside, he took his time to pay attention to every touch and every moan he was giving and receiving. He carefully took off each article of clothing slowly paying close attention to Collette's facial expressions. He knew that she wanted more faster, but he couldn't help himself. He wanted this moment to be engraved in his memory.

Collette watched as she noticed Patrick taking everything in like it was their first time. She didn't know what had gotten into him, but it made her heart swell and beat faster. It made every touch from his hands send electrifying tingles all the way down to her toes each time he touched her.

They laid in a naked mess communicating through their eyes. No words were spoken, but they knew exactly what each one was saying to one another. Patrick's movements were slow and passionate and Collette's movements complimented him so. They didn't break their eye contact once and Collette swore she saw a tear form in Patrick's eye causing her eyes to well up too.

Never had either of them experienced such an intimate moment before. It was the biggest rush that had gone through both of them. Patrick thought his heart was going to beat out his chest as he laid there feeling her fingers go through his hair. It was the greatest feeling ever. If there was a right time to do it, that moment would have been the opportune one.

Patrick lifted his head to look at Collette who laid on his pillow with her eyes closed and a content smile on her face.

"Collette," he whispered.

"Patrick," she whispered back but didn't open her eyes.

Patrick just sat there staring at her. He wanted to say it, but he got scared. What if she didn't feel the same way? Could he handle that type of rejection? Wanting not to ruin the most perfect night of his life, he just pressed his lips against hers sweetly and laid his head back down.

-----

Patrick woke up to Collette walking around the room quietly putting clothes on.

"Where you going?" he asked stretching.

"I have to go pick up Jackson," Collette said picking up her shirt and throwing it on.

"Already?" he asked yawning. He really didn't want to be awake.

"Already? Patrick, it's noon," she said laughing.

"It is!?" he asked shocked looking over at his beside clock.

"Yeah. Go back to sleep," she leaned onto the bed and kissed him on the lips. "I'll talk to you later."

Patrick had a sudden feeling a loss. He wanted her to be in the bed next to him. He quickly got up and pulled his jeans on rushing out of the door.

"Collette!" he yelled.

She turned around and smiled back at him. She looked like an angel.

Patrick sat there like a deer in headlights. He needed to say it. He needed to tell her that he loved her.

"Patrick?" she asked titling her head in confusion but keeping that angelic smile plastered on her features.

"I'll call you later," he spat out. He was a dumbass.

"Ok," she smiled and blew him a kiss.

Patrick just stood there and watched her drive away with a million things he wanted to say to her. Yeah, he was a complete dumbass.

-----

"CoCo, where are Nala and Simba?" Jackson asked worried as they pulled up to their house.

"I don't know," Collette said cautiously.

"Stay in the vehicle," she said and got out walking up to the fenced in area.

"Nala! Simba!" Collette yelled.

Where the hell did her dogs go and how did they get out? Collette walked around the fence and noticed a hole in the back far corner.

"Shit," she muttered to herself.

She started to walk back to the Explorer and pulled out her cell phone.

"Hello?" Patrick answered.

"Hey, the dogs got out. You got time to come over?" Collette asked.

"I'll be right there," Patrick said and hung up. He knew Collette relied on those dogs for safety and security.

"Come on Jacks. They must have got out. We'll find them," she said trying to sound optimistic.

"Ok, CoCo," he said sounding worried.

They walked into the house and Rooger greeted them with a single bark.

"Hey Rooger!" Jackson said patting his dog on the head.

Collette smiled and turned to set the alarm to see that the display showed nothing signaling that it had no power.

"What the hell?" Collette muttered to herself.

"What is it, CoCo?" Jackson asked.

"Nothing Jacks. Why don't you go to your room and put your overnight stuff away, ok?" she asked trying to hide the fear that was apparent in her voice.

"Ok," he said and dragged his bag to his room with Rooger on his heels.

Collette took a deep breath trying to calm her shaken nerves. She needed to gain control. Everything was going to be ok. Patrick was going to be there soon. She walked slowly into the kitchen looking around in all her surroundings. Something seemed off.

Suddenly Collette was being grabbed from behind.

She gasped out loudly as she felt the hands go around her waist and mouth.

"Don't scream," she heard in her ear. She knew that voice in an instant. It was him.

Collette breathed deeply through her nose trying not to burst into tears.

"Where is he?" Kiefer asked.

Collette just shook her head no. She couldn't talk due to him having his gloved hand still over her mouth.

"Tell me," he said letting go of her mouth and putting a knife up to her throat.

"Never. You will never get him," she said quietly.

Kiefer put the knife deeper onto her neck and Collette cried out in pain.

"CoCo?" Jackson asked walking into the kitchen.

He stopped dead in his tracks at the scene in front of him.

"Jackson, run! Run Jackson!" Collette screamed.

Jackson took off in the direction he came from.

"That was very stupid," Kiefer said pushing the knife into Collette's neck again. "I will make you pay."

Collette cried out.

"You will never get him, Kiefer," she said with anger in her voice.

"How will you protect him when you are dead?" he asked with a slight laugh in his voice.

They were interrupted by a slam of a car door. Patrick was there.

"Get rid of him, or I kill him," Kiefer said and hid behind the corner.

Patrick walked slowly up to the house.

"Well, there you guys are," Patrick said as Nala and Simba trotted up to him.

"Where have you guys been?" he asked petting them on the head. He walked up to the house and was shocked that it wasn't locked.

"Collette?" he asked.

Collette heard his voice. She tried to calm her voice enough to talk.

"In the kitchen," she said as her voice quivered.

Patrick walked into the kitchen. It sounded like she was crying.

"Nala and Simba are back," he pointed to the door.

Collette just nodded. She stood there not moving or speaking. She looked as though she was going to pass out.

"Are you ok?" he asked cautiously.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I made you come all the way out here. You can go back home now if you want," she said in a monotone voice.

"Ok?" Patrick asked. Something was definitely up.

He just looked into her eyes trying to read them. They showed panic, and Patrick suddenly got the worst feeling in the world.

He mouthed 'What?' to her and she just shook her head no. She couldn't tell him. Kiefer would kill Patrick.

'Go home,' she mouthed to him.

There was definitely no way he was going home now. Patrick was about to take a step forward when Kiefer jumped out of his hiding place.

"Patrick, go!" Collette cried.

"You should listen to her Patrick," Kiefer said holding the knife to her throat again.

"Let her go," Patrick said angrily.

"Not until she tells me where Jackson is. He is my son. I have a right to see him," Kiefer said into Collette's ear angrily.

"He is not your son anymore," Collette spat.

This just caused Kiefer to pull her hair back hard. Patrick winced. What was he going to do? He had to figure something out.

"I always knew you were a bitch," Kiefer said pushing the knife into Collette throat again.

"Let her go!" Patrick yelled.

"Tell her to tell me where Jackson is, and I will let her go. It's a simple as that," Kiefer said rubbing his hand over her body.

Collette just cried out. He was a disgusting man.

"I will never tell you where Jackson is. Never!" Collette screamed.

Suddenly a loud bang was heard from the direction of Jackson's room.

"I think I just found my boy," he whispered into Collette's ear.

"No," she cried.

"Thanks," he said and licked the side of her face causing Collette to cry out again.

She soon felt a pain in her side and by the look of shock on Patrick's face she knew that Kiefer had stabbed her.

Kiefer ran off in the direction of the sound and Patrick ran towards Collette to catch her before she fell.

"Patrick?" she cried as he held her in his arms. He was already covered in blood.

"Oh my God, Collette," he said in shock as tears began to run down his cheeks.

"Find Jackson. Don't let him find him," she said sternly.

Patrick just shook his head no. He didn't want to leave her.

"Patrick, please. He's in his fort. Get him away from Kiefer," Collette said again and winced in pain. She needed her sister's son to be safe. She promised.

"I don't want to leave you," he cried.

"Please! Go find him!" she yelled. Patrick just nodded and leaned down to kiss her on the lips.

Patrick got up off the floor, pulled his cell phone out of his pocket to call 911 and ran to find Jackson.

Collette laid on the cold tiles of her kitchen floor staring at the ceiling. The pain was becoming less and less, but breathing was becoming more and more work. Collette tried to listen to what was going on. She let the tears fall down her cheeks. She failed. She failed her sister.

Collette heard a loud commotion and a loud bang sounding like the shot of a gun. Blackness consumed her and she soon saw and heard nothing.

AN: Ohhh! Drama-Rama! Katy, I know I told you I was going to update on Monday, but I got lazy. Here it is, though. Just for you and the rest of you crazy ficwaders! Smooches!
Sign up to rate and review this story