Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Their Brutish Romance

Chapter 02

by Sedated_Passion 4 reviews

"First off, Frankie darling, you know you love my cute little ass, and secondly, my fat legs are in your way." At first, I had started out innocently pestering him, until he gave me one of his pate...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-01-03 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1353 words

-1Cliche
From my spot on the counter, I watched Gerard pace like a captive animal. "Gerard, aren't you supposed to be having band practice right now?" I asked pensively.


He stopped his pacing, and just started staring at me. Normally, it was okay if Gerard started staring at me, because it would soon turn into a friendly staring contest. This time, however, was different. He was giving me the good old hairy eyeball, and I suspected he was trying to read my thoughts.


"Oh God!" I finally caved, jumping off the counter. "I didn't do it!" The last part came out as a bit of a yell, as I backed up and ran from the kitchen.


I could still hear Gerard laughing as I sat, albeit uncomfortably, on the couch in the living room. I put my hands over my ears to block out the annoying chortling, and closed my eyes. Yes, I did indeed think closing my eyes was going to rid me of the laughing I could still hear through my covered ears.


"I can't hear you!" I started belting out to Gerard. "I can't hear you! La la la..." Suddenly, I felt someone watching me. I stopped yelling, as I opened my eyes. I had expected to see the television or the coffee table that's in your direct line of sight when you're sitting on the couch, but all I saw was a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes.


"Oh God!" I screamed, jumping to the safety of the couch's arm rest.


Frank smirked and did that annoying chuckling thing he does as he shoved his hands deep into the pockets of his jeans. I, meanwhile, was grabbing at my chest and trying to stop my heart from jumping out of my chest. "What the hell?!" I yelled, still frightened from our encounter.


"Mikey said you weren't insane," he started as he straightened up, "I'm starting to wonder why I believed him."


I started to yell at the boy that seemed to get off from verbally assaulting me, but then I noticed how quiet it was. Gerard probably wasn't even on this floor of the house anymore!


Albeit my consent, my mouth started moving on its own accord. "Oh bite me Iero," I yelled as he walked past me to go to the basement.


He didn't even pause as he spoke to me, "A little bit of make-up, and babe, I might even consider it."


I started blushing furiously. How dare he call me ugly! "You asshole!" I yelled, staring at his disappearing backside.


"Ava Leah Way!" My mother scolded from the top floor of the house. I yelped and flipped over the arm of the couch. I had forgotten she was home. Instead of waiting around for my mother to come downstairs and beat me for swearing, I stomped to the basement.


I may be mad at Frank, but I was still going to support My Chemical Romance. As I made my descent down the stairs, I heard quiet yelling. I know, it's completely oxymoronic, but whoever was speaking clearly wanted to yell, but it seemed like they didn't want everyone to hear.


"Why do you have to give her such a hard time?" Okay, it was either Mikey or Gerard.


".../All/ the time man!" It was definitely Mikey.


"Because it's my job."


"What the fuck kind of answer is that? Get a life Iero, and grab your goddamn guitar." Good old Gerard. Pain in the ass, but faithful boy-ass-kicker. If that's an occupation. I'm pretty sure it's not, but if it was, Gerard would so be the best at it.


I paused on the stairs, so it wouldn't seem like I was eavesdropping. I took a deep breath, and once it seemed like everything was okay, I continued my descent on the stairs. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, it seemed to me that not a lot of progress was going to be made with the practicing thing. Bob and Ray were currently M.I.A. and neither Frank nor Mikey seemed to notice, as they were messing around with their guitars and basses, respectively.


I started approaching the amp I always sat on, when I noticed Frank plugging his guitar into it. How dare he plug it into my amp! In retrospect, I guess it isn't technically my amp, because I couldn't play a guitar to save my life, but...


"You know, when an elephant starts stampeding down a set of stairs and then stops suddenly, everybody notices. You can't just... /stop/." I snapped from my musings to find Frank staring at me. I frowned, before deciding that perhaps I'd just find another spot to sit.


As I was just at the couch, the severity of Frank's comment sunk in. Fat/? Now he was calling me /fat/? I whirled around, and stomped - literally, /stomped - back over to Frank until we were so close that you couldn't slide a piece of paper between us.


He smirked down at me, knowing he had once again gotten under my skin. I opened my mouth to speak, but then grimaced. How did he manage to get under my skin again, not to mention so easily? Well, I had gotten this far, and as I thought about his latest comment to me, my temper flared again.


"First of all, you pay way too much attention to me. And secondly -" I paused. I didn't have a secondly. Thinking quickly, and not wanting to be outdone by Frank's insult, I gave him a quick once over. "- tight pants are for /girls/."


He snorted, before backing away from my poking finger. "That's the worst comeback you've come up with as of late," he informed me, before turning and walking to where the boys had set up a little stage.


Mortified that Frank was once again right about my weak insults, I balled my hands into fists and yelled the first thing that came to my mind, which happened to be, "your ass is way to big to fit into those jeans!"


Once my brain had re-played what my mouth had said, I once again grimaced. Frank didn't even have to turn around. I knew he was already laughing at me. I ducked my head in the heat of my embarrassment, and just sat down on my amp. I really didn't care if Frank's guitar was plugged in here.


Even though Ray and Bob just didn't show up, Frank, Mikey and Gerard sounded amazing. I completely forgot about being pissed off at Frank, and just sat in awe. They had sounded okay when Gerard had first had the idea of putting together a band, but now they just sounded... wow.


I smiled warmly at Mikey, and how he stood ramrod straight. He couldn't pretend and jump around like Frank or Gerard; for fear that they'd have to stop the song so he could inhale his puffer.


"/Just like a match you strike to incinerate, the lives of everyone you knew/..."


I just sat and listened as the three of them rocked out.


As much as you can missing a second guitarist and a drummer.


I guess I must've zoned out for a while, because the next thing I knew, Frank was clearing his throat so I would move and he could unplug his guitar. "You're fat ass is in the way," he said, all passé, like he didn't care one way or another.


"First off, Frankie darling, you know you love my cute little ass, and secondly, my fat legs are in your way." At first, I had started out innocently pestering him, until he gave me one of his patented smug grins and I realized that once again, he had won. He didn't really think my fat ass was in the way, he just wanted me to admit I had fat legs.


My jaw dropped open, but quickly enough I recovered, and stood up quietly. With as much force as my 5'2" frame could muster, I shoved him.


I didn't even insult him as I walked calmly up the steps, and slammed the door shut.
Sign up to rate and review this story