Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Aishimi of the Dragonfly

Enter the Sands

by Unique 0 reviews

Lord Hakuchi leads his men into the sand village. But what about their mysterious cargo?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Gaara - Published: 2007-01-07 - Updated: 2007-01-08 - 825 words - Complete

-1Predictable
Chapter Two: Enter the Sands

"Here we are men. The village hidden in the Sands"

The small group of men came to a stop in front of a the Sand village's gates. A man, who seemed to be the leader looked over his shoulder at a slowly approaching covered wagon before leading the group into the gates.

One of two guards appeared before them, eying the group and their wagon. "Who are you and what is your business within this village?" With a brow raised and arms crossed, he listened for a reply from someone in the group.

The group leader inclined his head and spoke, "I am Lord Hakuchi from the Stone Village. My men and I were returning home with a criminal who must brought to our land for trial. We fell victim to an attack. It was unsuccessful, but several of my men were injured. I ask if the wounded be treated and the tired rest before we continue on to our village.

"Very well." The first guard scanned the men quickly before heading off to the covered wagon. He started to pulled the tarp from the wagon, but paused. "May I inspect the prisoner?" With a simple nod the Lord gave his permission and the tarp was removed. What was revealed was a cage with steal bars. Several paper seals held the opening shut and it seemed that binding seals keep the prisoner at bay. "What type of prisoner is this..." The guard stroked his chin as he examined further. He hopped aboard the cart, shaking it slightly. The bundle of fabric in the corner remained still. He reached between the bars and lifted the covers to find an unconscious, raven haired girl with a dark collar around her neck. "Hrm..."

After exchanging a few words with the second gate guard and whoever was on the other end of the radio in his ear, he finally OKed the group's entrance into the village. Within minutes several ninja appeared, lead by a man whose face was almost completely covered by loose fabric. His group immediately spread out and surrounded the foreigners and their wagon. From underneath is face wrap he said, "We are your escort company. We will lead your wounded to our hospital and the rest of you to the lodgings that we have prepared for visiting Lords. We will take care of your prisoner." As he spoke he glanced over to the cage, which was being lead off by his companion. "You may need to try the prisoner in your village. But if she creates trouble here, we will not hesitate to dispose of her. He turned and started to walk, grasping his hands behind his back. Over his shoulder he added, "Of course, the same goes for you and your men as well. Now. Follow me, gentlemen."

The two gate guards talked watched as the group moved deeper into the village. "Something's not right about those men...or that girl. I've alerted the Kazekage. An investigation has already been started."

~~~~~

"Easier than I originally planned"

Lord Hakuchi sunk chest-deep into the hot baths, grinning contently. For the rest of the evening, he would leave his men to their own devices and he figured could use this time to relax. Starting at sun-up, his men would have plenty of time to case the village. "By midnight tomorrow night, the sleeping seals should have faded and our mission will be an success."

~~~~~

There was a rumbling in the sheets. Out of the five guards on duty in the prison, only one picked up on the movement in the cell. "Okahito! Yenji! Come look. She's alive!" The nearby guards ran to the her cell to peer through the bars. "I thought she would never wake up!"

The girl rubbed her eyes drowsily. "Where...where...am...I..." Moaning softly, she sat up. Slowly the area around her became more and more clear. The presence of the small crowd gathered around her cage startled her. Eyed wide, she backed herself in further into the corner.

"This...this girl? This scaredy cat-girl is a culprit. What could she have done?" As the guards pointed and laughed, she closed her eyes and tuned them out. She gasped, finally realizing where she was. She inhaled, calming herself then quickly formed her seals "Kage kurikata no jutsu!" Suddenly, the shadows poured into her cell and formed a sphere of darkness around herself as well as the guards. A piercing scream cut through the darkness, followed by a thud. The shadows soon faded and fell back to their previous positions, revealed her laying on the ground and clinging to the collar around her neck. The script on the collar glowed red and she screamed once more before finally losing consciousness again. Several other guards had run to the scene and were now standing over her, dumbfounded.

"Get the Kazekage down here...He'll love to see this."

End chapter two.
Sign up to rate and review this story