Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Aishimi of the Dragonfly

Assassination: Failed

by Unique 0 reviews

Some plans just don't go as planned, or do they?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gaara - Published: 2007-01-07 - Updated: 2007-01-08 - 1130 words - Complete

-1MarySue
Chapter Three: Assassination - Failed

The girl's brown eyes fluttered open, then closed again tightly. The room she was in was blindingly bright and she could hardly keep her eyes open and in focus. She attempted to move, but soon found that her arms and legs were bound. However, he neck was free so she twisted to try to see her current situation. Chains secured her, but that didn't explain her inability to move. A binding jutsu, maybe? Invisible wires? Her chest expanded and she started to...

"So you are awake." She heard an unfamiliar voice in the room along with foot steps that gradually became louder. She squinted, barely making out out the figure coming toward her. "You are no regular prisoner. I suspect that you are no criminal at all." He paused moving closer to the bound girl. "Who are you...really?"

Her eyes were adapting to the light and the figure in front of her became clearer by the second. She could tell he was a young man, not much older than she. He stood there, arms crossed over his chest. He was voided of any emotion, except for his eyes, which burrowing deep into hers. She hung her head, forcing her eyes away from him and to the floor. He asked her a question and stood there expecting an answer, but all he got was silence. Several quiet moments passed before he spoke again, in the same low, monotone voice. "Tell me. What is your name?"

She took a deep breath and licked her lips. "My name? I haven't used it so long." She swallowed. That was the most she has said in quite some time and she was actually taken aback by the sound of her own voice. Her voice was a quiet one and somewhat flat. She spoke with hardly any emotion. "I was once called Yamichuchi Aishimi from the village hidden under the Dragonfly. I heard my Master say it once or twice a few years ago, but never again since then."

He nodded slowly. The men behind him seemed to move in closer, curious to what this girl had to say. The young man absorbed her answer in the silence.. "Why do you sleep the way you do. Is it the collar?"

Her left hand and arm twitched at the mention of her collar. It seemed that she had just remembered the collar and wanted to reach for it. But the chains restricted her movements; so she relaxed. "Well, the answer is two-fold. My master prefers me to sleep. I'm easier to look after and less likely to escape while sleeping. Also, it allows me to conserve my stored Chakra until I am needed by him."

"Master, huh? You are awake now, so it must be for a reason."

"I am to assassinate the current Kazekage."

At those words, three ninja appeared around the bounded girl, weapons drawn. Everyone in the room could sense the tell-tale feeling of their intent to kill the girl. The young man held up his hand and the guards eased their stances, but kept their weapons drawn. Words of disbelief could be heard from the group of ninja, but the young man seemed to ignore it. He remained calm and continued with the integration. "Why do you even tell us that? An assassin who reveals herself under hardly any duress is unheard of"

A smirk tugged at her lips. For the first time she lifted her head and allowed her gaze fall directly on the man. Her stare was cold, but calm. "Simple. He is far above my level so I any attempt from me would be unsuccessful. Also, I would not gain anything from doing so." She paused. Tilting her head toward the ceiling, she closed her eyes and smiled as if remembering a fond memory of times past. "Hakuchi has tried to mold me into his personal assassin, but I am not a fighter and would never be. So far, I've just been fortunate, as my opponents thus far have been spoiled lords, who've never once threw a punch, much less knew how to defend themselves against a simple technique. He holds my life around his neck; using that amulet to control me."

She open her eyes slowly, surprised that she was so wordy all of sudden. She swallowed, re-wetting her throat before she continued to condense a few years' worth of pain into a few sentences. "By telling you the true intentions of the men I traveled with. The very same men, whom this village has welcomed and honored as guests. The same men, who plot to overtake the current leadership and insert their own. I will be starting a series of events that will lead to their deaths...and eventually my own.

I have fought needlessly and I have killed dishonorably. But I believe it is not too late to repent. I wish for an honorable death by one more powerful than I would ever be. Your Kazekage."

There were gasps from the ninja in the background, along with quiet conversation. Again the man held up his hands and a hush fell over them. "So you wish to die?" He stepped even closer and held her chin in his hand. His pale eyes narrowed gazed deeper into the depths of her brown eyes. He was curious, yet his impression never reflected this fact. Releasing her, he stepped back and turned to face the three guards. "Leave us."

She could hear the footsteps of the leaving ninja. When she looked, she found that she was indeed alone with the young man. This time he was perched on a stool in front of her. He cleared his throat and said, "Your eyes are familiar. Tell me, are you in pain?"

"I am unharmed. The pain from this collar has faded since..."

"No, are you in pain? Within..." He grabbed at his chest and squeezed. "...here."

"I don't know. I don't know if its pain...but I have had this feeling within my heart. I have had it so long that I've become numb to it. But, I know it has started to fuel me. It flows through my blood and allows my heart to beat. Without it I am sure I will die. But I will welcome death when it comes."

"I've heard enough" He stood and turned to head to the door.

"So I suppose you will tell the Kazekage. Will he come to me?" she called to the retreating young man.

Without facing her, Gaara simply said, "You've already spoke with him."

"Sabaku no Gaara!?" She gasped, her body pushing against the chains that bind her. "It can't be...! Kazekage-sama wait!

"Your wish will be granted before the day is over."

End chapter three.
Sign up to rate and review this story