Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Aishimi of the Dragonfly

Underestimated

by Unique 0 reviews

It seems that the Kazekage has a plan of his own.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Gaara - Published: 2007-01-07 - Updated: 2007-01-08 - 1007 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Four: Underestimated

Aishimi's body was tired. She had been awake for hours; about 12 from her estimation. During the time between her talk with Gaara and now, she had noted the positions of the shadows. By watching them, she figured the sun had risen and fell. Now, it must be early evening time. She had lost a good amount of Chakra naturally and her fruitless attempts to escape the Chakra-enhanced chain made the loss even greater. So, she tried so summon sleep, but a strange mixture of excitement and fear kept her from doing so.

The door on the far end of the room opened and two ninja entered. They positioned themselves on either side of her and together they released the chains. Without the chains holding her up and hardly any energy, she would have slumped on down to the ground. But, the two ninja caught her in time and began to lead her from the room and into the hall.

The only sounds heard were the soft footfalls of the ninja as they walked. All three kept quiet as they walked briskly down hallway toward a large ornately carved door. Another ninja, perhaps the last of their team, lead them through the door and into a bright room. This room was small and scarcely furnished. The few pieces included a stool which sat in front of a large window that took up the entirety of the front wall. Other than that, there were various lamps and other light sources.

Aishimi was sat down on the stool and the ninja all turned to look out of the window. Curious, she pulled her stool closer to see what was going on. Through the window a large ballroom with high ceilings and a balcony could be seen. A large banquet table was lavishly decorated with food, flower arrangements, sculptures and other beautiful things. Around the table sat the men she traveled with, eating and drinking merrily. The Lord sat at the head. "Why, do you bring me here to see this?" she said.

"What, you don't recognize your "owner"? The ninja looked to her, placing emphasis on that word. He grinned mockingly at her before turning his attention back to the feast below. The others chuckled.

"I...I can't see very good. Its too bright in here for me." As she spoke, she squinted over the window. True, the area was very bright, especially since the addition of all of the lamps. Under their superior's orders, there were to be absolutely no shadows within this room. Before it didn't matter, because the chains kept her at bay. Supposedly, the collar she wore would prevent her mischief, but extra precautions had to be taken just in case. The leader of the group turned off a few lights, despite his orders. It was unlikely that she would attempt anything; espeically in the condition she is in. Also, it was important that the girl see what would happen next.

Below Gaara appeared on a small stage below. The men at the table stood and cheered for their grateful host. He simply nodded and walked toward the edge of the stage. Then, Lord Hakuchi stood, raising his glass. "A toast to Kazekage-sama. We are appreciative to your kindness. The relationship between the Sand and the Stone has indeed been strengthened!" With that his men cheered and drank.

At his perch above the men, Gaara simply grinned. "I am glad you have enjoyed the Sand's hospitality." The men cheered more, only to be hushed by Lord Hakuchi. "I am also happy that you have found this dinner enjoyable. Now...that you have eaten your last meal...we will prepare for your funeral."

There was a collective gasp from the men at the table. Some yelled and cursed, while others started to run toward the doors. Gaara held his hand high and willed the sand to do his bidding. The table and chairs in which they sat crumbled back into sand and more poured in every window and opening of the hall. It quickly enveloped the slow and pursued and captured those who thought that the were fast enough to to escape. Confused, the Lord called out, "What is the meaning of this Kazekaga-sama! We have done nothing!" Gaara simply snorted, tightening the sand's grip on the men.

~~~~~

"And you thought you could defeat our Gaara-sama!" The normally quiet ninja guard, with the dark hair laughed.

"I said it was my order to assassinate him. Not my wish. Lord Hakuchi should have known of this Kazekage's power as well. For all I know, he may have, but decided to move anyway. Greed clouded his judgment and lead to his own demise." Her eyes moved from the three ninja and returned to the window. A soft smile cracked her otherwise solemn face. "And I am glad that I am able to witness his downfall."

~~~~~

Ninja ran onto the balcony, each carrying a limp body or two on their shoulders. Once the balcony was full, the body's were tossed down into the main room and on top of the sand. "All this time you've planned to overtake this village. As you have seen, we are not easily conquered" Gaara's voice filled the room as the fallen Stone ninja sunk quietly into the sand to join their comrades in their sandy grave. A swirl of sand gathered at Gaara's feet and around the sand-encased Lord. They both rose and hovered above. "Finding and disposing of your men was nothing to us. For disrespecting me and insulting the military might of this village I will not give you the satisfaction of dieing with your men. You will witness this and take this knowledge of our power with you on to the next world." With that Gaara clenched his fist and the sand obeyed. In an instant the hall that was full of moaning and screams of agony was suddenly quiet. As quickly as the sand had rushed in, it rushed out; leaving absolutely nothing behind.

End chapter four.
Sign up to rate and review this story