Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions and Famous Last Words

"I'm gonna have some serious fun..."

by purpleladder 2 reviews

Jen goes, against her better judgment - something that has seemed to have disappeared...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-09 - Updated: 2007-01-09 - 1065 words

1Exciting
So it's the next bit :)
Gonna be a bit slower updating after this I'm afraid - Uni becons :p

Enjoy :D

===================================================================================
I didn't really know why I was going that night. I suppose it was the combination of being lonely in a new place and the feeling deep in my stomach that I just couldn't figure out. I couldn't help myself from thinking and wondering about him. As I stepped out of the taxi (I wasn't taking any chances this time) the feeling got worse. Why was I so nervous? I was just getting a free night out on someone who could have caused me a serious injury.

"I, erm, should have my name down, Jen Russell."

The doorman looked at me, the list on his clipboard and then back to me. The idea that this Pete guy might not really have meant it and he was just trying to stop me suing him started to find a place in my mind. 'What an idiot Jen, well done' I thought to myself just as the man replied.

"Yes, Jen with dark brown hair and a plaster on her knee, go through." I blushed but as I walked into the venue I swore I could hear the doorman tell the man beside him to "tell Pete she came".

The room had changed since I had last been there. It was darker and now full of bodies. A drum kit and a selection of guitars on the stage were lit by several red spotlights. I walked toward the bar, ordered a drink and began to sip it nonchalantly. I didn't really like going out on my own but I hadn't yet made any good friends. It was at that moment the crowd erupted into shouts and cheers. The band took to the stage. Unlike the club itself they did not look any different to how they had the day before; jeans, shirts and hoodies seemed to be the staple items of their wardrobes.

I watched as Pete picked up a black bass guitar. 'He's a bassist' I thought; another piece fitted into place. As Patrick sang "Where is your boy tonight?" (this surprised me a little, the impression I had got of the band from our brief meeting would place Pete in front of the mike) and the opening chords were played I couldn't help thinking about how sexy Pete did look. Somehow the cockiness translated well on stage and the crowd certainly loved him. I found myself staring as he jumped, ran around and generally got in the way. As they played through the set I had to admit that although the music wasn't really my type of thing (they were American for a start) it was pretty damn good; my foot tapped and I almost contemplated going to dance.

Just before the last song Pete spotted me. He held my gaze, grinned at me and then stuck out his tongue. I was stunned but couldn't help but smile as at the exact moment Patrick sang "With every breath I wish your body will be broken again". A clash of opposites which I was to learn in my life often did appear together.

When the lights had gone down and the cheering subsided I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Jen", a slightly familiar voice said, well shouted, in my ear "You came, I'm glad. I didn't think you'd show."

"Well my plans fell through" I replied. (This wasn't technically a lie; I'd discovered I had run out of ice-cream and the video shop didn't have The Breakfast Club in.)

"Oh I love this song! Lets dance", I was dragged onto my feet by Pete. By this time the vodka and lemonades had worked their magic and I only put up small fight. Besides, after seeing his moves on the stage it was hard to say no. I liked to dance and even if he was a prick he was still hot and he still knew how to 'shake his thang'. It was an opportunity I was not going to pass up.

As we danced and moved closer together I noticed something was different about Pete. The bravado that was so evident on stage had seemed to have evaporated and my gazes were met with shy smiles. Or at least I would have noticed if I wasn't so drunk. Suddenly something in my head snapped 'Sod it' I thought 'I'm going to have some fun. That's why I'm in London in the first place. Exorcise some demons. I'm well aware of what's happening here therefore it's fine.'

"My feet are killing me" (new shoes, something else unusual for me) I said to Pete, leaning on this chest "Do you wanna get a drink?"

"Yeah sure" came the reply. I grabbed his hand as we made our way through the crowd to the bar.

"A cherry shot and two beers please" I practically screamed at the barman. Yes I was going to have some serious fun.

"Look it's a bit loud in here, why don't we go backstage?" Pete asked when I returned with the beers. I smiled "Uh hu, why not?". He had the same thing in mind, result.

As we walked across the room I spotted a familiar face. Paula, the girl who lives in the flat across the corridor from me, caught my gaze, raised her eyebrows and grinned before turning back to the group she was talking to; weird.

I followed Pete up the stairs and watched him from behind, his tight jeans allowing me to 'appreciate' his rear. The room was smallish and quite like a living room with a sofa, TV and coffee table on which I placed the two glasses. More importantly it was empty.

"Damn, the guys must have left without me" said Pete. "So do you..." he wasn't allowed to finish the sentence. It was at that moment I launched myself at him. Our lips locked and I pushed him against the wall. Immediately my hands went for his (very cool) belt buckle; 'I haven't forgotten anything then' I thought.

Pete grabbed my hands and pushed me away, "I think you've got me wrong. I..."

I didn't listen to the rest; I knew it off by heart anyway. I turned on my heel, ran down the stairs and out into the cold night air; tears streaming down my face.
Sign up to rate and review this story