Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions and Famous Last Words

Hangovers from hell

by purpleladder 3 reviews

Jen has a hangover from hell but it's not just that making here head hurt.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 778 words

0Unrated
I didn't sleep that much that night. I lay in bed and tried to clear my mind but it was going at a million miles an hour. Memories swam past my closed eyes one after another without an end. Memories of my old life, memories of my home, memories of the few weeks I'd spent in London, memories of yesterday and memories of the events of that evening. But most of all it was Pete's face that wouldn't leave; that anxious but pitying look had been etched onto my brain. I cried, I stormed around the flat, I sat staring at the TV but nothing could remove the image that filled my thoughts.

I must have fallen asleep eventually as I was awoken with a start by a knocking on my door. The feeling of warmth and happiness that you get having just woken from a nice dream was quickly replaced by a splitting headache and complete shame for my actions the night before. I knew I'd blown it yet again. The knocking continued as I padded carefully towards my door. I was not ready for what met me. Paula stood in my doorway holding a bunch of red roses that obscured her head entirely.

"Hey!" she said a little too loudly for my pounding head. "Someone tried to deliver these to yours about an hour ago but you didn't answer. You're a lucky girl, he was pretty hot." She smiled and handed me the flowers; I just looked at her. "God you look awful" she continued "You should come over for a cuppa later. I want to know all the goss. Like why you didn't tell me you were going to the Fall Out Boy gig for a start."

"Yeah, ok, maybe, erm." I tried to answer but I was in not fit state to make small talk.

"Anyway I'll let you get on with it, must dash. See you!" she waved and walked off toward the stairs.

I closed the door, placed the flowers on the table and flopped onto the sofa. What the hell was going on? This was something I really could not handle with the hangover from hell. It was at that moment I spied a cream envelope nestled between the stems of the roses. I picked it up and turned it over; 'To Jen' was written on the front in sloping handwriting. Whatever it was and whoever it was from could wait; I needed to feel vaguely human to deal with everything.

I jumped into the shower and let the hot water run across my body until I felt clean and more awake. I dressed and made myself some tea and toast. I put the flowers in the sink (I did not have anything that could substitute for a vase) and sat back on the sofa the envelope in hand. Still nothing had clicked in my head. I carefully opened it and found a note inside, I began to read:

Dear Jen,
I am so sorry about what happened last night. I didn't mean to lead you on in any way. But I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me either. You were obviously drunk and I am not the type of person to take advantage. I could be wrong and we've only met briefly but I think that if anything had have happened you would regret it later on. I just got the impression you needed a friend more than a one night stand. I do like you and would like to get to know you better. If I'm wrong I'm sorry that I gave you the wrong idea and we can leave it at that but if I'm right and you'd like to it would be great if we could meet up and talk properly and stuff. I've included my e-mail and cellphone number, just get in touch.
Hearts
Pete
Xxx
P.S. I know this letter sounds lame, it didn't come out how I wanted it to sound but I couldn't leave it like it was.
P.P.S. I hope you like the flowers. They just reminded me of you and the red top you wore last night :)


I sighed and set the letter down. I was more confused than when I had woken up and I had so many questions. What on earth did all that mean? What was I going to do? But the biggest question was: who actually was this guy and what was he actually like? Oh and how the hell did he know where I lived? What I did know was that there was only one way to find out.
Sign up to rate and review this story