Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions and Famous Last Words

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

by purpleladder 0 reviews

Jen decides to use the number...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-21 - 615 words

0Unrated
Sorry it's short BUT I have put up two chapters!

==================================================================================
They said curiosity killed the cat but that evening I decided nothing ventured was nothing gained and besides a cat has nine lives. I held my breath as I dialled the number into my phone and pressed call. The piece of paper was slightly crumpled; I had read it over and over that day; trying to read between the lines, between the letters even but it had given me nothing. There was a ringing and then a guy's voice answered

"Shoot" it demanded

"Er hi. Is this Pete? It's erm Jen. You know from last night? I'm sorry about that. It was just..." I stuttered and then began to ramble.

"Oh yeah cool." I was cut of mid flow "I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll meet you at Pedro's Italian at 8.30. It's just around the corner from the venue last night. Ok? I'll see you in a while. Bye."

The line went dead and I blew out a long, heavy breath. It took a few more seconds for the conversation (if you could call it that) to register. Confusion turned to panic. I needed some help if I was going to make a decent impression and at least convince this guy I wasn't just a stupid girl desperate for some action.

I knocked on Paula's door. She answered and ushered me into the flat. It was as I had imagined, very girly with pink cushions on the sofa and flowers everywhere.

She sat me down and began to make a cup of tea. I told her everything that had happened in the last two days and as I told my story it began to sound more and more absurd. But Paula listened patiently, nodding or looking concerned in all the right places. It felt good to talk to someone else about it. It wasn't just me in this mad situation. After I had finished Paula spoke

"Well. I think that this situation defiantly needs resolving. And from what I've heard I get the impression this guy is not a prick but actually a nice guy. So that means we have and hour and a half to make you look stunning." She pushed me towards the door.

"You go have a shower while I find you an outfit. Between us we'll find something. Do you mind if I have a rummage around in your wardrobe?" I didn't really have a choice.

By the end of my ordeal (all be it a fun one) I had to admit that I did look good. I wore a simple black wrap over dress with killer red shoes and a matching bag. ("He obviously likes red" Paula had helpfully pointed out.) She had done my makeup in a way I had always wished I could do; my eyes all smoky and dramatic. My hair had been left loose to fall into dark ringlets. I did feel a million dollars.

As I walked out of the door Paula listed items I should have on my person. "Money, but let him pay. Phone, I'm there if you need me. Keys. Lippy. Tissues. Chewy. Condoms."

I looked at her "I thought we were going for the non sex fiend image?"

"We are" she replied "but you never can be too careful, you want to be a sussed lady don't you?" She chucked me the small foil packet, it was red as well.

"Now go out there and knock him dead" she hugged me and smiled. I stepped out onto the landing and had a minor wobble; I turned back. Paula stood with her arms crossed "Go!" she waved me away.
Sign up to rate and review this story