Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Vampires Mate

Chapter 2

by syntheticlove1 10 reviews

She was lonely, about to be forced to marry the one who didnt love her, but wanted her for her title. She saw him, and knew then..he was her mate,

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-09 - Updated: 2008-08-29 - 2359 words

2Original
Me: Hello all, its me Lizy with chapter 2 of Vampires Mate.
Sorry it's been so long since I have posted a chapter
But I have been working of Famous Last Words and My Chemical Breakdown.
But I promise, this chapter will be long.
As for the comment about leaving the others out, I do that because I neglect them.
Check out my other stories and tell me if you see alot of them.
You wont.
I get so focused on the main characters that I forget about the others.
Which isn't fair to them.
But anyways, I will try and put some more MCR in here, when I feel the time is right.
If you dont like it, then im sorry, dont read it.
Also, all reviews are welcome.
I want to thank the following people for reviwing:
Laura
ThePatient
x-xJafax-x
Sebastien_Is_Hott_
Lauren
Silver_moon46
WynonaKing90
kviciousbenji
PanicATD
kissingeyes__xx

If you review my story, I will thank you.
Also I try and reply to all my reviews when I have a chance.
Which isnt a lot, but I do try.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Chapter 2



Once I finally regained my composure, I made my way back towards the party. I just...I couldn't fight off the feeling of the man that I had just spoken to, not even two minutes ago. Was he right, would I get to meet him tonight or would I miss out on the chance to see him? I wasn't so sure anymore. In fact, it seemed like I wasn't sure of ANYTHING anymore. Once I got inside I was greeted by Laura who walked up to me and gave me a huge hug.

" Oh Vesper, I am so proud of you."
" Thanks."
" Whats wrong? Did something happen between you and Merrick?"
" Nothing really, just a little confrontation."
" About what?"
" The marriage."
" Told him didn't you?"
" Of course I did, why wouldn't I?"
" Oh Vesper, what did he say?"
" That I was right and to just basically deal with it. But I don't want to."
" Did you tell Father?"
" Oh don't be stupid. What would he say?"
" I..I don't know."
" Alright then..but I do. He would tell me to suck it up and do it for the family."
" Your right. But I am happy that you got the title."
" Of course, so I would have to marry Merrick."
" No its not that..its just that..well..your my big sister and I love you. If anyone would deserve it, it might as well be you. I mean, your more into the family stuff then I am. It just wouldn't be right for me to get it. I haven't earned it like you have. I give advice and stuff but half the time, Father doesn't even listen to me."
" Thanks Laura."
" No problem. Now, lets go back in and check out all the lovely boys shall we?"

I laughed at her as she drug me inside. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister she just..loved guys. Which I couldn't blame her, there were a lot of attractive men here tonight. Not like I could touch them. Damn Merrick.
As if he was on cue, Merrick walked up to me and slipped his arms around my waist and put his lips on my shoulder, kissing it gently. I knew it was him from the aftershave that he practically bathed himself in. I put on a fake smile and turned around.

" Vesper dear, your father wants us to meet some people."
" Who?"
" Just some people, come along now. Time to show you off."

'Show me off'. He makes me sound like I'm some dog at a dog show. Merrick went to reach for my hands, but I snatched them away before he had a chance to drag me anywhere. In return, he gave me one of those looks that told me how he felt about that. He didn't like it at all, he felt like I was embarrassing him by doing it. He was to be my husband after all and I should show him affection. So instead, I laced our arms together and smiled sweetly at him. He let it go and began to pass me around the room, taking me to people who I didn't even care about or even had an interest in. It was rather boring if I must say so myself.
When finally I had met everyone that Merrick wanted me to meet, he took us back to the platform and lead me to my chair. He soon took the place next to me and sat down, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. The gesture alone made me want to vomit, but I smiled sweetly at him and turned to face the crowd. I knew I hadn't met everyone because I hadn't had the feelings from earlier, from when I was speaking to the man outside. But those feelings would soon swoop back upon me.
Merrick and I were sitting on the thrown s, not even talking when a rush of emotions came towards me; anger, hurt, jealousy. Those were not my emotions, but his. I didn't want to make it too obvious that I was searching rapidly for him, not like I would actually KNOW who he was in the first place, but still...I searched the room for his face or at least hoping to see his face.
My Father stepped up to me and kissed me on the forehead once again. He pulled away and smiled at me warmly. I loved my Father deeply, and agreed with him on almost everything, but this I would not. I could not. But how to tell him so it wont anger him or break his heart? There was no possibly way.

" Would my beautiful daughter happen to grace her father with a dance?"
" Of course I would."

I stood up, smiling a real smile for the first time that night. My Father lead us onto the dance floor, getting lost in the sea of people. We began to dance slowly, our hands together dancing to the beat.

" I am so proud of you my dear."
" I know Father."
" Is..is something the matter?"
" No, nothing."
" Are you sure?"
" It's just..I don't love Merrick like you want me to or like he wants me to."
" I'm sorry my dear, but I can't do anything now."
" Father why did you choose me?"
" Before you were born, I made a pact with the West family. Our first born would be married to their first born. It was something that had to be done."
" But why?"
" To insure the future of this family. My dear, after I am gone I do not want you to have to worry with the things and issues that I have had to worry with. I want you and Laura to have a more peaceful life then I have had. This is for the best my dear, believe me. Merrick is a good man-"
" Who only wants me for my title. He doesn't love me, just wants me."
" But you two will learn to love one another."
" I'm not so sure."
" You will, give it time."
" I can't run this family like you can Father."
" Yes you can, trust in Merrick and yourself."
" Merrick."
" Yes, Merrick. Do you not trust me Vesper?"
" I do trust you Father. It's him that I do not trust."
" Let's just, enjoy this night."
" Alright."

The conversation soon came to an end. I tried to tell my father how I felt, and he understood. But at that point there was nothing that could be done and I understood it , just wished that it could of been undone or at least done differently. There was no way that I would tell my Father about the man that I was talking to outside. Fore he would not understand and wish for me to tell him who it was. I couldn't do that, to the man or to myself.
My Father and I were working on our second dance, when someone tapped him on his shoulder, causing us both to stop. All of a sudden, more emotions hit me; excitement, nervousness, and shyness.

" Excuse me Lord Castine."

I lowered my head and looked at the floor.

" Ah Frank my boy, how are you this evening?"
" I am fine and yourself?"
" Just wonderful. Have you met my daughter Vesper?"

I bowed lightly, knowing my place. Whenever you met a new person, you bowed showing them respect. I didn't even get a chance to look at this person's face. But that voice..I know that voice.

" No, I have not. Hello Vesper, you look quite beautiful this evening if I am allowed to say.."

The man took my hand and kissed it ever so lightly, causing a heat wave to go throughout my body. I took a shaky breath in and stood up, keeping my eyes on the ground.

" Vesper, I would like you to meet another very powerful family. Frank Iero, meet my daughter Vesper. Shes getting married to Merrick you know?"
" Ah yes, Merrick West. Lucky man."
" Hello Mr. Iero, its nice to meet you."

That's when I looked up and came into contact with the most beautiful honey brown eyes that I had ever seen in my life. He was taller then me, but being 5'2 everyone was taller then you. Pale completion, what looked like black hair in the middle with a crimson red on the sides, beautiful lips that held a silver lip ring and an adorable nose that also had a little silver hoop through it. To me, he was perfection in the flesh. He smiled at me, and I blushed, lowering my head. I never had felt this way about anyone before, but this man made me forget myself, and forget all the people around me.

" Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you as well. Lord Marcus, would you mind if I asked this lovely lady to dance."

He wanted to dance..with me?

" Why of course not. Dear, when you get done, go over to Merrick. I'm sure he would love to dance with you."
" Yes Father."
" She's all yours Frank."

My Father placed my hand in Frank's and I swear, electricity flowed throughout my body. This man..this beautiful creature who was standing before me, holding my hand in his was mine. He knew it and I knew it..but what could be done with it? My Father smiled once more, and walked away to talk to Merrick I suppose.
Frank pulled me closer, wrapping his arm around my waist, rubbing it gently with his finger tips, causing me to close my eyes in pure bliss. He leaned in close to my ear and whispered every so gently.

" I told you that we would meet tonight my queen."
" So it is you."
" Of course it is, who else would it be? Santa Claus?"

I smiled lightly to myself as his grip seemed to get tighter.

" Your husband is looking this way."
" He isnt my husband just yet."
" Oh but he will be."
" Yes."
" You do not sound pleased."
" You tell me."

He pulled back and looked at me, a little grin coming across his lips.

" No, I suppose you are not."
" You suppose? You should know don't you think?"
" I like to play hard to get."
" I thought that was the woman's job."
" Not all the time."

I looked over his shoulder and saw Merrick moving towards us. I'm guessing Frank knew the same because he kissed me gently on the shoulder, an act that could get him killed if anyone saw.

" Meet me in the cemetery tomorrow night."
" I cannot."
" You must, at midnight."
" I cannot."
" You will.."

Someone tapped on his shoulder, causing us to stop dancing and look at the person. We both knew it was Merrick, but acted shocked. He stood there, looking at us both. I knew from the way that he was acting that he didn't see the simple kiss Frank placed on my shoulder, but was jealous and cautious of this man who was moving in on his fiance'.

" Vesper my love, would you like to introduce me to this young man who you happen to be dancing with."
" Why of course. Merrick West meet Frank Iero. Father introduced me to him and asked him if it was alright to dance with me."
" Hello Frank, nice to meet you. I hope you were keeping my fiance' company."
" Oh don't worry, I was."

Frank looked down at me and smiled, which caused me to blush and lower my head, and action that I know Merrick saw because he pulled me to stand beside him, lacing our fingers together. An act that made me want to once again, want to vomit.

" Yes, I see that. Come along now Vesper, it's time to go to bed."

' Time to go to bed?' I had a bedtime now? I was a grown women, of the age..well...er..around 223 I assume but still. I wasn't a baby and didn't need to be babied. But I also didnt want a fight with Merrick while my father was watching. Yes, my Father was watching and I could feel it.

" Well, goodnight Vesper. Congratulations on the title again. Im sure you will make a excellent queen."
" Thank you, I'm sure she will as well. Come along."

As Merrick was literally dragging me away, I turned back to look at Frank. He stood there, a smile planted on his face as he mouthed the words ' At Midnight I will be waiting.' I nodded my head and turned back to Merrick, who pulled me out of the ballroom and into the big hall.
Next thing I know, I was pinned against the wall by Merrick. He was dangerously close to my face.

" I don't want you speaking to him again."



_________________________________________________


And there is where I end it.
Also, yes I have a thing with proper English.
If you haven't noticed.
This is about vampires people..a lot of vampire characters are proper and well spoken.
Sign up to rate and review this story