Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Zyorious Scepter

Chapter 7

by Syrus 0 reviews

Violet meets the Trio.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Violet - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-11 - Updated: 2007-01-11 - 2163 words

1Exciting
Chapter 7

Violet hung on for dear life on Sirius's hippogriff as they flew to Hogwarts. Sirius had enchanted Violet's trunk so that it would be super light.

"Don't worry. We're almost there." he said.

The Hogwarts towers came into view. Violet forgot for a moment to be afraid.

"Wow...that's Hogwarts!?!" Violet said amazed by its majestic beauty.

"Yes." he replied.

Sirius steered the hippogriff towards the window of Dumbledore's office. The window was open, as Dumbledore was expecting them. Sirius squeezed all of them inside the before they were noticed. Dumbledore was waiting at his desk.

"Ah, hello Sirius. Right on time I see." said Dumbeldore with a twinkle in his eye.

He turned to Violet.

"And this is your niece if I understand correctly?"

"Yes. Her name is Violet Black. Dalon's daughter." said Sirius, "In looking for our man, Remus and I stumbled on a far more complex plot than we even anticipated. We found out that Voldemort is after the Zyorious Scepter, which, as you know, has been in my family for years."

Sirius walked over to Violet's trunk and pulled out the Scepter.

"Well since both my parents have passed away and, until fairly recently I have been in Azkaban, the Scepter had been with him all these years. Since Violet has already been threatened, after discussing the issue with her parents, we decided she and the Scepter would be the safest with you."

Sirius handed the Scepter over to Dumbledore.

"Do not worry Sirius. She will be taken care of here. Now, first, you must be sorted." Dumbledore said as he found the Sorting Hat and placed it on her head. After much deliberation, the hat yelled, "Gryffindor!"

Dumbledore took the hat off of her head and put it back in its place.

"Albus, I must leave now. Violet, if you need anything at all...just send me an owl. Goodbye both of you!" Sirius said as he approached Buckbeak.

Sirius bowed low until Buckbeak bowed back. With that, Sirius mounted Buckbeak and they flew out of the window. Dumbledore and Violet watched them fly out of sight.

"Well I suppose I should find Professor McGonagall so she can escort you to your dormitory." said Dumbledore, "Follow me."

*

Despite everyone else in the room being asleep, Hermione was awake preparing for the first day of classes, pouring over her Double Potions book one last time to better remember the ingredients of the new forgetfulness potion they would be learning. She heard someone approaching the room. She looked up from her book. She was surprised to see Professor McGonagall and a girl with dark, maroon, red hair and blue eyes that she had never seen before.

"Ah...so you are still awake Miss Granger?" said McGonagall, "It's actually a good thing that you are up. Let me introduce you to our new student, Violet Black."

As Hermione took a closer look at the girl, it struck her. The girl looked a lot like Sirius! And her name was Black!

"I would appreciate it if you show Miss Black around and make her feel welcome to our house." McGonagall continued.

"I'll do that, Professor." Hermione said.

McGonagall turned to Violet.

"I trust you have everything? Your supplies, your schedule?" she asked.

"Yes." Violet replied while nodding.

"Good." McGonagall said as she began to leave, "Good night, ladies."

When McGonagall had left Hermione walked up to Violet and held out her hand to shake.

"Hi. My name is Hermione Granger." she said.

Violet shook her hand.

"You have a nice school here." she said.

"Yeah...Hogwarts is quite a school..." Hermione replied, "Well, I guess we should go to sleep now...tomorrow's going to be a long day..."

"Yes." Violet said, taking the empty bed next to Hermione's, "Good night."

"Good night." Hermione said as she blew out the candle lighting the room.

*

"Violet. Violet!"

Violet groaned and opened one eye. A blurry image of Hermione appeared before her eyes.

"What?" she asked sleepily.

"We have to get down to the Great Hall now if we want to get breakfast. We're already late!" said Hermione, "Everyone has left!"

"I'll get to class on time..." Violet said as she rolled away from Hermione.

Hermione threw up her hands in frustration and said, "Suit yourself..."

She then gathered her things and left the room.

*

Hermione joined Harry and Ron in the Great Hall.

"Wow Hermione! It's not like you to be so late!" said Harry.

"Hermione late for class!?!? That would have to be a sign of a coming apocalypse!!" said Ron melodramatically.

Hermione shot a sarcastic glare at Ron and then began to speak to them both, "Well, I'm late to breakfast because there is this new girl in our house. Professor McGonagall came to my dorm late last night and introduced me to her. Since it was so late, I didn't get a chance to find out much about her. Her name is Violet Black."

"Wait a second! Violet Black?!?" Ron exclaimed.

"Yeah...and..." Hermione got closer to Harry and Ron and lowered her voice, "The strangest thing was that she looked an awful lot like Sirius, except she had red hair and blue eyes."

Hermione then stepped away and continued talking, "And she didn't even want to wake up this morning! She's probably still sleeping up there with Transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs about to start!"

Suddenly Harry gasped.

"I left my book in the dorm! I'd better run and get it before I get late!" said Harry frantically as he ran back to Gryffindor tower.

"You'd better hurry Harry!" Ron yelled after him.

Ron and Hermione followed the crowd emptying out of the Great Hall and went to Transfiguration.

*

With barely 5 minutes to go, Violet had slowly awoken and dragged herself out of bed. She dressed and collected her wand and looked at her schedule. She saw she had Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. She then picked up the books that she would need. She took everything in her arms and tried to apparate to the classroom. But nothing happened. Slightly miffed, she tried again. Again nothing happened. Then it struck her.

Oh no! You can't apparate at Hogwarts! she thought frantically, I'd better run!

But that proved to be rather difficult with all of her books and the fact that she didn't know where any of the classrooms were. She realized this when she left the Gryffindor Common Room.

I should have woken up when that girl...Hermione?...told me to! I hope I'm not too late on my first day at this school...she thought.

So absorbed was she in trying to find the Transfiguration classroom, she bumped into someone, dropped all of her things, and fell over. When she looked up, she realized she had run into a skinny, but fairly handsome boy with dark hair and green eyes. It was none other than Harry Potter. Harry smiled and offered her his hand.

As he helped her up, he said, "We both seem to be late this morning."

Looking closer at her, it struck Harry.

This must be the new girl in our house, Violet Black! She does look a lot like Sirius!

Realizing he must have been staring when she gave him kind of a weird look, he quickly helped her pick up her things.

"Uhh...what's your name by the way?" he asked.

"Violet Black." she replied.

"Oh. I'm Harry Potter." he replied.

Violet took a closer look at him and then went wide eyed in surprise and her mouth dropped.

"You're Harry Potter!?!?" she exclaimed.

He gave her a half smile, a little embarrassed by getting this kind of attention from her, but at the same time, used to it, but he hurriedly changed the subject.

Although he already knew the answer to his question, he asked, "So you're new here? I can tell by your accent that you are probably not even from London."

"Actually I'm from the States." Violet replied, much more friendly now that she had realized who she was talking to.

"Really? I've always wanted to visit the U.S." said Harry.

"I came from Notalans Academy." she said.

Harry then realized that they now both were really late to class. He hoped that McGonagall wouldn't be too mad at him, especially since he was helping a new student in their house.

"So what class do you have? I can help you find it if you like..." Harry said.

"Uhh..." Violet paused looking at her schedule, "Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall."

"Oh! That's where I'm headed. You can just come with me then. You must be in the Gryffindor house then?" he said as he quickly led the way.

"Yes." Violet said as she followed.

"So am I." said Harry as they approached the classroom.

"Really?!? I mean...wow, that's cool." Violet said, starting out a little too excitedly.

Harry prayed that he wouldn't be punished too severely for being late. Harry and Violet walked in together with Harry in the lead. McGonagall looked sternly at Harry, but her eyes softened when they fell on Violet.

"Ahh...I see you were helping our new student find her way to class. Now that you both are here, I suggest you both promptly take your seats." McGonagall said strictly.

Harry took his usual seat between Ron and Hermione while Violet took an empty seat near the back of the classroom.

As he sat down Ron whispered, "Wow, we were wondering what happened to you! Lucky McGongagall was in a good mood now! I was afraid you were going to get detention!"
"Yeah, me too..." Harry whispered back, almost shuddering when he remembered his past experiences in detention.

"Since it is everyone's 5th year, I'd like to begin with a fairly complex transfiguration that will require you to turn this feather duster into a bird and back again." McGonagall said holding up a pink feather duster, "Now, we covered the notes on this topic at the end of the last term. Before I reiterate them for you, I would like to see if any of you remember."

Within the next few minutes, feather dusters of various colors and sizes began fluttering around the room. The funniest was Violet's feather duster. Not only was it fluttering around, it was twittering like a bird too. Only when Hermione pointed her wand at her feather duster and whispered a few well chosen words was any progress made. Her feather duster turned into a beautiful bird with bright plumage. McGonagall was very pleased.

"Excellent job, Miss Granger! 10 points to Gryffindor! If only the rest of you were as attentive!" said McGonagall.

Once all the feather dusters were finally returned to their natural, inert form, Professor Mc Gonagall went over the notes again. As Harry and Ron scrambled to take down the notes, Harry quietly told him that it was true that she looked strikingly like.

Ron, as a result, kept throwing glances back at Violet. Finally, after an hour of note taking, class was over. They would have a short break and then they would be off to Double Potions. Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood in the hall talking.

"Really! You two ought to have paid more attention at the end of last term! Well, I suppose Harry has an excuse, but Ron! You let yourself get carried away with all the excitement of the - "Hermione abruptly stopped, realizing that she had unwittingly brought back the horrible memories of the third task of the Triwizard Tournament to Harry.

She reminded him of the same memories that unrelentlessly haunted his subconscious. Harry's cheek twitched.

"Oh Harry...I'm so sorry..." she said quietly as she lowered her head.

Harry put his hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright, Hermione." said Harry, reasuredly.

They stood silent for a moment when Ron thought it best to change the subject.

"I wonder who the new Potions Master will be?" Ron asked.

Hermoine scrunched her brow in thought and said, "You know, I have no idea..."

"We should probably go now and find out. Our break is almost over." said Harry.

Then the three of them saw the new girl passing them I the hall.

"So what do you two think about her? I haven't got a chance to see her up close myself...You know, I think you'd better write to Snuffles about her. I mean, the resemblance is uncanny, and they both have the same last name! I don't think it can all be a coincidence..." said Ron.

"You're right. I'll write to him the next chance I get." said Harry.

They all made their way down to the Dungeons to suffer though Double Potions with the Slytherins.

At least Snape won't be there to make my life miserable...Harry thought as they finally reached the torch lit hall of the Dungeons.

The door of the classroom was open. The three walked in and took their regular seats near the back of the classroom.

*
Sign up to rate and review this story