Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

Sweet Sacrifice

by panda_1418 2 reviews

title says it all. i'm a little brain-dead, so sorry if it's not up to par. oh, and no lyrics here, i kinds just realized it was a song. XD

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 413 words

1Moving
Julius cringed as the demon's fingers dug into his shoulder, drawing blood. He felt himself yanked away from Delilah. He heard her scream. He saw Haliled raise her hand, ready to kill him. But he didn't care. He had no regrets. Everything was out; Delilah knew how he felt, and she was saved. Even if he died, so would Haliled. Mission accomplished.

However, what he heard next surprised him: a loud yowl from the corner of the room. Then there was a blinding flash of light, and the demon's fingers retracted from his shoulder. He turned to look at where Haliled was struggling with Seraphina. All of a sudden, something even stranger - if that was possible - happened. The demon started to produce long, agonized screams. Then she began to glow, and fade. It was like her molecules were just disintegrating quickly. There was one last scream, and then Haliled was gone. Just gone.

Seraphina stood up, smiled weakly, then collapsed. Both Julius and Delilah hopped up and rushed over to her. They helped her into a sitting position.

"Are you okay?" Julius asked anxiously.

In answer, the angel winked. "Don't worry about me, friends. I've done my part."

"W-what do you mean?" Delilah stammered.

Seraphina sighed. "I made contact with a demon. It's forbidden, but I had to do it. Now ... well, frankly now I don't know what happens. I'm disappearing, but I have no idea what comes after that."

Julius sniffed loudly, and quickly wiped at his eyes. "But you can't go. You've done so much for us."

"I knew this would happen, you know," Seraphina murmured. "Demons and angels both have the gift of foresight. I knew that I'd have to do this."

Julius understood then. That was why she had asked him if he could go back, would he have chosen a different path? And she had said she would do the same if things could be done over. So she had gone on this trip, knowing that she'd have to sacrifice herself for him.

He noticed that she was beginning to fade away, just like Haliled had. He placed his hand against hers, watching as her glow slowly disappeared, and her body became transparent. Seraphina smiled one last time before she broke apart, into a shower of golden dust. Delilah and Julius stood up, holding each other, as they watched the dust settle on the floor, and wane.

No other life, no other way
No day but today


End
Sign up to rate and review this story