Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

So Far Away

by panda_1418 1 review

My God! An update!

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 1030 words

1Insightful
"Love?" Julius whispered. "How can it be love? That's too simple ..."

The Light sighed. "For some people, it is. But for you, I am afraid it is not as simple as you would have hoped. Many times, Seraphina called Delilah your lover, and you denied the fact. Even in your dream, you told me that you did not love her."

Julius closed his eyes. "God, I've been an idiot. And now it's too late. I've wasted too much time, there's no way I'll make it back ..."

Seraphina stepped forward, a determined look on her glowing face. "No! Don't you dare give up, Julius. You've come too far to quit. I'll get you back in time, I swear it."

She laid a hand on his shoulder, and the world disappeared around him. The dark sky and the full moon vanished, and were replaced by a swirling blue vortex. Seraphina and Julius hurtled through it at an alarming rate. As soon as it had appeared, the vortex was gone, and Julius felt his feet hit ground. He staggered around, dazed, as everything came in to focus.

************
This is my life
Its not what it was before
All these feelings I've shared
And these are my dreams
That I've never lived before
************

He gasped as he realized where he was. It was Delilah's room, a place he hadn't been in for what seemed like centuries. And there, buried under dozens of bedsheets in an attempt to keep her warm, lay Delilah. She looked paralyzed, in the exact same position he had left her weeks ago.

Slowly, Julius walked up to her, leaving Seraphina to stand in a corner, looking embarrassed - or was it guilty? He gently grabbed Delilah's limp hand, and intertwined his fingers with hers.

***********
Somebody shake me
Cause I, I must be sleeping
***********

"Delilah ..." he murmured. "I'm back. I've not abandoned you."

A noise behind him caused him to whirl around. Seraphina was staring into the closet, a look of alarm and horror on her face. And for good reason - there, standing in the closet, was Haliled, Delilah's doppelganger.

"So," she said, narrowing her eyes, "the little boy came back."

***********************
And now that we're here,
So far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
And all the mistakes,
One life contained
They all finally start to go away
And now that we're here
So far away
And I feel like I can face the day
I can forgive, and I'm not ashamed to be the person that I am today
***********************

Julius stood up, blocking Delilah's face from the demon's view. "What are you doing here?"

Haliled laughed. "I thought you were supposed to be smart, Julius. I'm here for my body."

He dropped back to his knees, grabbing Delilah's hand again. "No! Not while I'm here. I won't let you."

The demon rolled her eyes. "Oh, give it up. What can a mere mortal do against me?"

Ignoring her, Julius turned to Delilah's sleeping form. "Delilah, if you can hear me, hear this: I love you. I always have, and always will."

************
These are my words
That I've never said before
I think I'm doing okay
And this is the smile
That I've never shown before
************

At first, nothing happened. But then, Haliled gave an ear-splitting shriek. She stepped back, clutching her chest. Julius was watching her, confused and slightly scared, when he heard a soft moan behind him.

"Julius ...?"

He turned around. The first thing he saw was Delilah's eyes; her soft, brown eyes, open, staring up at him.

***********
Somebody shake me
Cause I, I must be sleeping
***********

Even though he never cried in public, he could feel himself tearing up. All the struggle, all the pain and doubt, had lead to this. She was back.

"Delilah!" he cried, falling to his knees. He placed a hand on her back and helped her to sit up. "Oh God, I can't believe you're back! You're okay!"

***********************
And now that were here
So far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
And all mistakes one life contains
They all finally start to go away
And now that were here
So far away
And I feel like I can face the day
I can forgive, and I'm not ashamed to be the person that I am today
**********************

Haliled let out a scream from behind them. "NO! This can't be happening! It's not posible! I'll kill you, both of you!"

As she lunged at them, Julius placed a hand on the back of Delilah's head. He looked her sqaure in the eye. "De, I've always wanted to do this."

And then he kissed her.

*********
I'm so afraid of waking
Please don't shake me
Afraid of waking
Please dont shake me
*********

He lived a lifetime in that moment. Everything around them seemed to stop. It was just he and Delilah, in that kiss. That kiss that both of them had been waiting for. She draped her arms around the back of his neck, now that the shock had worn off. He pulled her closer to him. This, in the middle of all this chaos and terror, was the perfect moment. Even as he felt Haliled's finger nails dig into his shoulder, he felt no fear. He had no regrets, and was ready for whatever came next.

***********************
And now that were here
So far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
And all the mistakes one life contains
They all finally start to go away
And now that were here
So far away
And I feel like I can face the day
I can forgive, and I'm not ashamed to be the person that I am today
***********************

"So Far Away" by Staind
_________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone! Geeze, it's Christmas break and I've been stressed out of my wits. I have to get this stupid portfolio ready for my high school application form, so I've been typing up a storm - just not here! I had to dig up a whole crap load of stories and poems for this thing, and I think I'll put some of them on Ficwad. Anyway, I hope you liked the update. Only one more chapter to go! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
Sign up to rate and review this story