Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Aphrodite's Descendant

Confidence and Courage

by xXxEmmYxXx 2 reviews

Weeks Of waiting by her bedside wondering if she will survive. Days of sitting in a dim hospital room thinking how he would cope without her. When Neil gives him that little confidence boost will...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 1194 words

0Unrated


When the titans reached the hospital Herry bolted inside carrying the almost lifeless Riley.
"What do you think your doing making that mess?" the nurse asked him before noticing Riley.
"Sh-she needs h-h-help!" Herry told her, gasping for air.
"Herry, why'd you run?" Jay asked when he finally caught up.
"Someone should call Odie." Herry said no matter how irrelevant it sounded. The nurse came back with two doctors and a stretcher.
"You can't all go in." She told the ashen-faced teens.
"I will." Herry volunteered.
"What relation are you? You must be a parent, sibling or her husband." The Nurse sneered at him. Herry looked at the ground. He was shaking from head to toe and as cold as death.
"Can't you see how fucking upset he is. Do you really fucking think that highly of yourself that you can speak like shit to an innocent guy? Well listen bitch you can't and he is going in there cos he has just carried her all this way and without him she could dead so FUCKING LET HIM IN!" Atlanta screamed at the nurse, who stepped back in surprise and said,
"Is he her relation?"
"Yes, as a matter of fact he's her husband." Neil lied and for once no-one cared that he'd butted in although any other time Herry would put him through the wall, literally. Herry followed them in; not making a sound, staring at her near-lifeless body.


#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#AFTER#THE#OPERATION#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#

Herry sat by Riley's bed watching her sleep and wishing it was him in her place. 'why did she do it? Why did she risk her life for his? Now she may never walk again all because of one stupid date. Hang On, was it a date? ' Herry's head was full of thoughts that were interrupted by tapping on the window. Herry looked up and saw Odie looking through the glass. Herry motioned for him to enter.
"How is she?" He asked.
"The doctors said that she will be fine except, she might not walk again," Herry glanced at Odie with a faraway look in his eyes.
"And it's my entire fault!"
"Herry it isn't your fault it was her choice and she's a strong girl who's gonna get through this easily so come back to the brownstone and get some sleep." Odie half asked, half commanded.
"Yes to the sleep and no to the brownstone, I'm staying here." Herry told him stubbornly.
"Well are you gunna get your stuff cos you might not have noticed but you're still topless!" Odie reminded him.
"No that's such a Neil thing to say," Herry snapped, and then realising that Odie was of course his best mate and didn't mean to offend him.
"I'm staying, I promised to be by her side all through this."
"O.K well Jay should be here soon and I think he's bringing everyone else as well." Odie told him.
"Mmm, Good." Herry replied.
"And he's going to drive your truck." Odie teased him trying to get a reply.
"Mmm, Good." Herry again replied
"O.K how's your teddy?" Odie taunted, getting really frustrated now
"Mmm, Good." Herry said unaware of Odie's rising temper.
"She awake yet?" Jay asked from the doorway.
"Nope." Odie told him considering the only answer Herry gave.
"O.K well Herry we brought you another shirt." Jay told him helpfully.
"Mmm, Good." Herry said again.
"Well gees aren't ya gunna put it on?" Theresa asked him.
"Mmm," He replied.
"Excuse me, can I have a minute?" The doctor asked politely having heard about Atlanta's hissy-fits.
"Yeah, What is it?" Archie asked now that he too was getting slightly annoyed by Herry.
"Well I'm afraid your Ms. McKesson is in a coma and won't wake for a few weeks." He told them dreading their reaction. Herry put his head in his hands and his fellow titans looked at him with sympathy. The doctor then left them alone and Herry started muttering that it was his fault.
"HERRY FOR THE LAST TIME IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT AND SHE WILL BE OK SO STOP BEING SO IGNORANT!" Neil yelled. Everyone looked at him in surprise. They then looked at Herry to see how he'd react but surprisingly she didn't.
"You don't understand Neil." was Herry's only reply. Neil then sat on the seat next to Herry and took a deep breath.
"I understand a lot more than you all think. When I was 16 my dad started cheating on my mum. It was going on for almost a year when I decided to tell her. She screamed in despair and sobbed into my shoulder. She was like that for weeks, months even. then one day I came home and found her face down out the couch with multiple cuts on her wrists. I called an ambulance and they got there quickly. At the hospital they told me she would be in a coma for quite a while but month's later her heart rate monitor went in straight lines. I knew she would die but I never gave up on her so I won't let you give up on Riley." Neil explained, eyes glistening with the ghost of his past.
"Neil, I am officially sorry for ever calling you self-obsessed." Theresa apologised feeling really bad. The other's nodded in agreement with what she said. On that note they gave Herry a pat on the back and went back to the brownstone. Odie stayed behind.
"Look, I'm really sorry and if you want I can stay and keep you company." Odie suggested.
"No, I'll be okay; I need to think about stuff before my head explodes." Herry replied and Odie left feeling very worried about his friend.

$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#THREE #WEEKS#LATER#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#

"Herry, she's still not awake; I think you can come back to the brownstone for just one night. You need a good sleep." Odie nagged him like he'd been ever since the whole scenario started.
"No DAD, do you know how bad I'd feel if the day she wakes up I'm not here?" Herry told him, with a tinge of annoyance in his voice. Odie was far from wrong; Herry looked terrible, bags under his eyes and whoa let's not start on the smell as Neil has kindly told him.
"Well at least shower!" Odie joked as he left the hospital. ' They'll see soon, she'll wake up and everything will be normal; well as normal as our lives get! ' He thought as he drifted off to sleep.

When Herry finally woke he looked over at Riley. Still asleep, as usual. He decided to have a shower and actually brush his hair. He came back and sat down, holding her hand like he did every day. He looked at the ground and thought about what he was going to say the day she woke up when she suddenly squeezed his hand...

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Phew, well that took long enough LoL. Anyways I hope u liked it a BIG shout-out to Mrs-Jay and greektitan (GENIUS ALERT) btw if anyone has any GOOD ideas email me on btrfly_94@hotmail.com or punk-rock-chic-13@hotmail.com!!
You know the drill R+R
Yours Always Em xo

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Sign up to rate and review this story