Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby Seasons Change But People Dont [[Dont Pretend You Ever Forgot About Me]]

Stop By This Disaster Town

by xxlaurenxx 5 reviews

When Pete returns to Chicago after touring, he'll realize what he really left behind

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 763 words

0Unrated
ONLY THE FiiRST CHAPTER. MORE TO COME ONCE REViiEWS HAPPEN AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF. SO YEAH =] HOPE YOU LiiKE IT AND REViiEW PLEASE







When hearts become heavy, and the hour glass empty; Will you still be standing there with that guilty look on your face?


They all say that fame makes people change, that the money and fans does things to them. He made me promise to him that I would be here waiting once he returned, and I agreed like it was nothing. I told him that nothing would change between up; I swore it. And I as well trusted him to come back the same person he had always been, being able to joke and laugh and hang out like it was nothing. Unlike him I kept my promise. He arrived, and I was standing there with open arms only to be just a distant memory. He moved out, and the thing that I feared the most happened. I was left behind in Chicago.

We haven't talked since


__________

I sat at the checkout desk at the old record store. I looked outside to see the pouring rain and strong winds crashing up against the car windshields. I let out a deep breath and walked into the back. Kay and Gage sat on the old sofa listening to their ipods, seeing as they were both on break. I plopped down in the middle of each of them.

"No one here?" Gage asked, his eyes fixated on the screen of the ipod.

"Who would be? It's raining mad outside", I said as I stole one of his earphones and pushed it into my own ear. Just then I herd the soothing voice of someone all too familiar, and the lyrics that I knew first hand. I ripped it out quickly. "I fucking hate that song", I said bitterly.

Gage and Kay both looked at each other, "What crawled up your ass and died?" Kay asked. "It's sonly a song."

"Only a song my ass", I murmured under my breath.

Suddenly the annoyingly high-pitched ring of the "ring for assistance" bell that sat on the front counter went off. I let out a light groan as I stood up and tightened my ponytail as I walked up to the front. A shady character stood there, in one of those poser clandestine hoodies and a pair of tight jeans, soaked to the skin. His hood was up and his eyes covered with glasses, making it impossible to see what he looked like.

"Can I help you?" I asked annoyed.

"Yeah, I wanted to buy these", he said, quickly setting a large pile of CD's on the counter. I took a quick glance at a few of them; From First To Last, The Academy Is, Taking Back Sunday, this guy had taste.

"Uhh... okay", I said as I began scanning the CD's one by one. A good three minutes later I was finished and that final price flashed up onto the screen. "That'll be $78.99", I said. He took out his wallet and pulled out his credit card, quickly sliding it through the machine. "I need to see you're ID too", I said.

He hesitantly pulled it out and handed it to me. My eyes widened as I quickly reach my hand up and pulled off his glasses, revealing his face. "Hey!" he said angrily, "Watch the fucking..." he seemed to stop midway through once his eyes met with mine.

I cocked an eyebrow, crossing my arms as he stood there, his eyes as wide as golf balls looking guiltily at me, "Uh...Court?" he asked in shock.

I rolled my eyes, "Take your fucking CD's and go", I said softly as I began to make my way into the back. I felt my arm being grabbed as Pete slid over the counter.

"Court.... wait..." he said desperately as he. "I really had no idea you worked here, if you think I was just coming here to piss you off or something." he seemed to take a pause. "To tell you the truth I pretty much forgot about you."

It took everything in me just to hold back the tears, "Thanks ass hole... now get the fuck out of here!" I said furiously.

He cluelessly blinked a few times, realizing what he said was rather hurtful. He quickly leaned in, grabbed my arm in one final attempt. "Court, please", he began as he started moving closer to me. "It's all in the past.... no hard feelings, okay...?"

I slapped his hand away, "Go to hell Pete"
Sign up to rate and review this story