Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

hunger part one

by InuKag 1 review

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-16 - 1026 words

0Unrated
In the kitchen, Inuyasha found Kagome's grandfather scratching his head as he surveyed the contents of a container that had been in the fridge. Unaware of the hanyou's presence, Inuyasha took the opportunity to watch him.

The old man sniffed, poked... and prodded at the substance within the plastic thing... with one of his chopsticks; quietly musing to himself words of confusion and conviction. He was trying to figure out if the said contents were in fact... still good. Inuyasha sat at the 'bar' counter in the kitchen and sighed softly.

"It's no good old man. Just thought you might like to know; you'll get sick if you eat it." Her grandfather jumped slightly at the deep sound of his voice and turned.

"Oh! Inuyasha, good morning to you." He looked once more within the plastic box before shrugging and discarding the entire thing into a near-by trash receptacle. "Where's Kagome this glorious morn?" He was smiling, /interesting/... Inuyasha thought, flashing a returning smile and a short laugh.

"I've restri ..." right away he knew it would have sounded wrong to say 'restricted her to her bed'/, so he tried to avoid the old man's questioning glare and change his course. "I need your help making food for her. She's hungry, but I don't want her on her feet yet." /There... he figured, that sounds much better.

"Sure, what would you like me to help you with? Surely you want to make her favorite right?" Inuyasha nodded. Duh... With that, the old man walked to a cabinet and pulled out a large 'pan' and pulled some eggs from the fridge. "I'll get it started for you; go cut some of the Sakura from the shrine trees... it will be a lovely little add on for her meal." He nodded and ran out the door. Mr. Higurashi simply smiled and collected the rest of the ingredients for the hanyou to cook.

A moment later, Inuyasha returned with a blossoming twig of cherry blossom in one hand and a white rose in the other. Her grandfather stood shocked.

"Where in seven hells did you find that rose?" Inuyasha only smirked.

"It was growing at the foot of Goshinboku... there is a cluster of them actually... was, was I not supposed to take it?" His laughter roared, almost to the point of scaring the young hanyou lass that stood before him.

"No... it's fine..." he cleared his throat aware of Inuyasha's bafflement. "It's just odd is all, roses don't usually grow this time a year... not especially the white ones." Shrugging that off, he grabbed a small vase and filled it with water; taking Inuyasha's flowers and placing them in the filled container. Then, he turned his attentions back to Inuyasha. "Okay, here's all the stuff you need... I'm going to walk you through it but... it's your meal to prepare." Inuyasha nodded and made his way warily to the stove.

~*~

Kagome 'rested' on the mattress quite irritated. I really don't want to sit here and do nothing. Her thoughts came to focus on the overprotective man whose scent was still lingering in her nose. She had been more than ecstatic when the doctor told them that she could still have children; and though a part of her wanted to try again as soon as they could, she knew that there was so much more that went with all of that. I've never even been with him in his hanyou form...what if, what if it's a lot different than when he was human? Kagome mused as she sat up in the bed and clenched a pillow to her chest; where did that thought come from?

She could hear her mother preparing to leave for the day in the next room, shuffling around rather noisily, and Kagome couldn't help but smile. She remembered when she was little and her father would try to be as quiet as possible, only to trip over something and create a domino effect of loud noises and crashes... muttering soft curses beneath his breath as though no one could hear him. Kinda/ like Inuyasha does sometimes.../ a smile graced her features at the memories; slowly she drifted to one particular remembrance.

"Daddy...?" Kagome whispered softly as she cracked the door to her room and peered out into the hall. "Daddy, what's the matter?" He jumped slightly when he realized she was standing there; before turning and scooping the little girl into his arms. He was dressed for work, except... his shirt was un-tucked, his tie undone; he spun her around.

"Princess, what are you doing up? You should be all cozy in your room." She giggled and hugged his neck.

"Daddy's noisy!!"

"Well, you may be right there princess... hows about a piggyback ride?" Nodding her head vigorously as her father set her down and crouched slightly, she climbed on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. He carried the young girl downstairs to the couch in the living area and walked to the kitchen; making breakfast.

Kagome wiped a few tears away at the memory of her father that lingered so strongly. Sighing heavily, Kagome dangled her legs over the side of her bed and stood; staring around her room momentarily, she made her way to the window. Gazing upon the Goshinboku in the yard, she smiled; it was their tree. His tree. All the turmoil that came with being with him, with loving him... was nothing compared to the thought of never knowing him. Sniffling back more tears, she cursed herself for her stupidity. I am so damn emotional, it's almost like everything sets off these tears. She closed her eyes and let out another sigh before fixing her eyes to the looming tree once more. Kagome's hand unconsciously drifted to her abdomen. Maybe it just hadn't been the right time for a baby... at least now, she knew it was real; he loved her and only her. Wrapping her arms around herself, she smiled as she heard him fumbling up the stairs and making her way back to her bed; awaiting hungrily for him... and a little for the food.

Sign up to rate and review this story