Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

Musings

by InuKag 1 review

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 1269 words

0Unrated
~~ ~~

Sango followed Miroku silently from the hut. She knew he was still nervous, but she knew that in time things would work out. They had to, or else everything was going to be far too painful to move on. Letting out a sigh, Miroku stopped at the clearing of the forest.

"My dearest Sango, are you positive that you still wish to journey this distance?" She could see the fear of rejection that radiated from his eyes, and smiled.

"I told you, I would love nothing more right now, I need you near as much as I am certain you need me to accompany you to see Master Moushin." There was a pause in her voice as she put her hand gently upon his shoulder. "I'm here for you Miroku." He cracked a smile at her words and pulled her into his embrace.

"I'm so sorry for all the hurt I've caused your beautiful heart, my dearest dearest Sango." Her kiss upon the covered and cursed hand was her return, as she brought herself back into his embrace.

"I know you are." She whispered softly in his ear as her eyes closed; her body relaxed into his. "I know."

~*~

Inuyasha awoke, warm and comfortable. Kagome was sprawled out beside him with her arm flung carelessly across his abdomen. His inward smile came to surface, as he watched the beauty beside him slumber. For the first time in a while, Kagome looked almost peaceful... happy. With much admonition, Inuyasha lifted her wrist from his stomach and attempted to move from the bed. Attempted.

"Ih... Inuyasha?" She started groggily. Slowly, Kagome started rubbing her eyes to void them of sleep and glanced at the hanyou with question.

"Koi... just rest, I don't want a repeat of that ... hospital incident." She laughed a bit at this reaction, and Inuyasha's serious expression. Closing her eyes, she tried to pretend as if she had fallen back asleep... and tried to suppress her giggles; both tasks proved in vain.

"Oi, what the fuck are you doing? I know you ain't asleep wench." She opened one eye to see him gazing upon her... obviously more than irritated but, she could sense that he knew she was messing with him; he wasn't angry.

"Hey, yourself!! You said to rest... which I assumed you meant as... sleeping. I'm not tired, but I guess I can pretend to be, if that's what my alpha wishes." He was shocked to hear her using such sarcasm, but more surprised at her wordings... alpha? She let out a sigh and closed her eyes again; bringing her arms to cross her chest as he so often did within the sleeves of his haori.

"Alpha? Kagome, stop fucking around... I'm serious. I just keep getting you into trouble, and if keeping you out of it means keeping you in bed... then so be it." Right away, he smelled her spike.

"In bed ehy? Well, what is the all mighty alpha going to /do /with little ol' trouble maker me?" Her sarcasm was slightly ignored as her scent continued to spike with her arousal. Suddenly, he felt two small hands touching his stomach... he closed his eyes momentarily, as if trying to block his senses; all he could feel was her.

"That's /not /what I meant, wench. You know damn well that you should be recovering." She lunged at him. He gulped, knowing he was in fact losing his resolves each passing minute.

"Let's get one thing straight here, Inuyasha... I'm stronger than you think. It's been a month for hells sake. I think I know my own body enough to know when something is wrong, and when everything is alright, I know we lost something important, but... I heard the doctor. I ... you shouldn't have to worry so much about me, I'm just a pathetic human wench." She spat his word in disgust and paused, her arousal and anger turning into that of shame and sadness; she backed away from the shocked hanyou and curled her body to the wall, bringing her knees to her chest... she sobbed. It was the scent of her tears that got his attention, above anything else, he hated the scent of her tears.

"I'm sorry, Kagome. That's not what I meant... look, I ain't stupid... and you are anything but pathetic and weak..." Her eyes lifted at his words and she found herself loosening her tense body from its curled position. Looking upon the man before her in wonder, as he gently reached for her hand and whispered... "Come here." She more than willingly complied to his heed; moving slowly to his outstretching arms... into his warm and loving embrace.

"Why are we so stupid?" she could have sworn him say... to which came her reply...

"Because we are in love." He was almost surprised that she had been able to hear him before realizing, just how close to her ear his lips really were; he took advantage. She shuddered when she felt his warm breath blowing gently across her ear, his tongue tracing its outline. "Not here... not now... we can't." Immediately it seemed, her words brought him from a trance.

"Not yet..." He finished for her. "Kuso... I fucking know..." Kagome laughed at his turmoil, undoubtedly feeling the same.

"I know Koibito... me too... but soon enough this will all be done, and maybe... maybe then we can really be together." Again, Inuyasha took it upon himself to finish what she neglected to say; lifting her hand he kissed her palm, gazing into her eyes.

"Without putting each other into danger, Kagome... I really need you." He muttered the words, but his meaning did not go lost on her, his eyes said it all. I really love you.

Trying to change the way of conversation, Kagome cleared her throat almost comically and shifted against Inuyasha's form. As if almost on cue, her stomach growled; she tried to get up from the bed, in vain.

"Hey! Inuyasha, I'm hungry here... I was kind of hoping that my Alpha would at least let me get out of bed to /eat/, for Kami's sake." She smiled playfully, but his expression once more turned to grimace as he gripped her shoulders and brought his lips to her ear again.

"Stop with the Alpha/, shit. You are just as much in /charge/, of all this as I am. And don't you /ever play that weak card, Kagome; we both know you aren't." He could feel her shock turn from its permeating fear laced drench, into something else... understanding. He shifted his gruffness into a tender whisper. "Allow me, to feed this wench as she relaxes within her divan." As he rose from the bed, she sported a look that told of confusion and humor.

"Divan?" She couldn't stop the giggle from escaping. "Where on earth did you learn that term, Inuyasha?" He knew that she was joking with him, so in spirits of playing along, he rested his finger upon her lips playfully and made a slight shushing noise.

"Never tell." Just as he made his way to the door, he turned. "... and Kagome?" Her eyes looked up from her lap in delight.

"Huh."

"Stay put would ya?" At her slight blush and nod, he left her alone to muse over her thoughts. Less than patiently, waiting for the unknown.



I Know that this has been having short chapters, sorry... i'm doing like four stories at once with major writers block and tons of homework and no time because of work too... damn... fucking sucks ehy
?

college is a bitch

Heathe.
Sign up to rate and review this story