Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

Misconstrewed

by InuKag 2 reviews

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 1869 words

0Unrated
Miroku awoke to the harsh days light streaming unforgiving, through the branches of the tree above them. Quietly, he noted that Sango was still sleeping peacefully in his arms; he smiled. She's beautiful when she slumbers... he thought. Pulling her a bit more into his embrace, he closed his eyes and let out a sigh; releasing all the tension from his body as she snuggled closer. After a few moments, Sango stirred awake.

"Miroku...? Are you awake?" Her voice seemed unsure, hushed. Calmly, his hand ran through the silky strands of her flowing hair.

"Hai, Koibito, I'm up. How was your sleep?" Sango blushed. Even after being intimate with him, she still seemed to rouge at the thought of being in his arms.

"Quite nicely actually... how about you, Miroku?" She shyly gazed into his violet eyes and bit her lip; there was so much she was longing to do with him... to him. Miroku bent his head slightly to place a soft kiss upon her cheek.

"I always sleep better when you are in my arms, my dearest." Upon seeing the brilliant smile that accompanied his words, Miroku bravely pressed his lips against hers. He was a little shocked however, when Sango pushed him back.

"Miroku, we have to leave soon... don't we." There was a sort of anticipation to her voice...Miroku cocked his brow.

"Am I mistaken to assume... or does this fact please you, more than I thought it would...?" Sango stood and pulled him up; smiling.

"Does that surprise you?"

"Does what surprise me, my love?" he gripped her waist and pulled her close... speaking so that the breath from his lips, danced across her cheek.

"Does it really come as a surprise that I would be looking quite forward to being alone with... a certain... holy man, for an extended amount of days...?" She took in a sharp breath upon feeling his hands caressing her hips; his lips softly feathering the skin of her neck.

"I could only dream of such endeavors, my love... but it pleases me to know of your... anticipation." Nipping at the skin of her collar bone, she giggled and began to squirm.

"Miroku... you know that if you keep this up... I'm going to lose my resistance... then, this journey will take even longer." Miroku's smile was seductive, and there was a hint of mischief twinkling in his eyes.

"I could only hope as much..."


~*~

Again Kagome awoke to the bland hospital room; immediately searching out Inuyasha with wandering eyes. It took her a moment to realize... he was holding her hand, uncomfortably positioned in the chair with his head face down on her bed. Smiling, she gently nudged his hand until he awoke.

"Koi... you're awake again." His voice was cracked and grainy.

"Inuyasha, you can't be comfortable sitting like that... wouldn't you rather go home with my mother and rest in my bed?" Rubbing his eyes, Inuyasha sat up straighter and fixed his gaze intently upon hers.

"Nah, it's nice and all but... I need to protect you." She smiled and attempted to sit up in the unpleasant bed.

"You realize I am safe here... don't you?" Inuyasha sighed and grasped her hand with both of his.

"Well, then ... I just don't want to leave. I don't think I would be able to sleep without you there anyway. Besides... if something did happen... I would want to be here, not there." Kagome reached her hand to graze the side of his face before letting it fall to rest upon the both of his hands holding her other.

"Thank you, Inuyasha." Just as he placed an adoring kiss upon her cheek, the door to her room opened. There was a man now standing at the foot of her bed, carefully reading the chart that had been hanging from the end.

"Ms. Higurashi-san... I am Doctor Mitorikus; Am I to assume that this young man here is... Inuyasha?" Kagome nodded and squeezed his hands at the irritated growl that had been forming in Inuyasha's throat. It was a warning, and Inuyasha knew that it was one that he must heed. The doctor walked back a bit, closing the metal chart, and pushed a chair with wheels to the foot of the bed; sitting upon it.

"So, am I going to find out what happened back there... why I blacked out and ended up here?" Kagome's tone was curious yet steady.

"Ms. Higurashi... Upon hearing about your previous and most recent incident from your mother... we ran some tests to see if that could have possibly been your reasons for slipping into the coma. The good news is... that those tests came back to be quite conclusive. It was not the reason you ended up here. True there was some damage, but it is not irrefutable harm... and you both will be pleased to know that, if in the future you decide to... you will still be able to reproduce." Inuyasha wasn't so sure about all he had said but, he could feel the hope and relief expelled from Kagome's aura washing over him. He decided that this was good news. Suddenly, Kagome started to fidget and became a bit more nervous.

"Well, wait... what's the bad news, doctor?" She avoided Inuyasha's questioning eyes and focused on Doctor Mitorikus; who cleared his throat and reopened the metal chart.

"It's not as much bad news, as it is... stranger news. We did a blood test on you, and the results came up to be rather... questionable to say the least." Inuyasha could feel his ears struggling to move beneath the cap restraining them; he had a feeling pertaining to what this was about. /My blood is different... /he thought. "But, in the end that also just turned out to be a misreading... the only explanation we could suffice was, the change from the miscarriage. Your mother seemed to think that it was nothing to worry about, in fact... she didn't seem too surprised."

"So, why did I slip into a coma, doctor." The doctor rose from the chair, closed his chart and replaced on the bed's foot; he smiled.

"High levels of stress, and anxiety. My dear child, you need to rest a bit. The stress levels and emotional distress from losing your child, from massive blood loss and from over exerting yourself... was taking its toll. My recommendation is this; you will be released today if you can promise me that you will rest, and stay off your feet for at least a week... and I hope that this young man... Inuyasha will make sure that you do." Inuyasha understood what that meant and nodded vigorously, feeling a sense of pride and need to protect her; this time from herself.

"Hai, she won't be outta my sight 'til she's better... on that you have my word." The doctor smiled at the couple and took out his paper pad and a pen.

"Good. Now, Higurashi-san, I am writing you a prescription for some pain medication that should help with any lingering pain from your wound as well as an anti-anxiety pill to take only if you feel your stress levels becoming too much... I'll send a nurse in here with a wheelchair and your discharge papers... I'm sorry for your recent loss, but I wish the two of you all the luck in the world for the future." Just as he was leaving he stopped at the door. "Oh, and Kagome? I would like to see you back here in a week's time." He winked, and walked out of the room. Inuyasha growled slightly after the doctor winked at her, but her aura...calmed him down almost immediately; she was happy.

"Inuyasha... did you hear that?" She moved to dangle her feet off the side of the bed, Inuyasha moved to hold her waist.

"What part...?"

"He said that the damage Haisurah caused, wasn't as bad as we feared." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"So... so, when we want to..."

"... when the time is right for us... we can still have that family." She finished for him. Inuyasha felt his heart jump, his stomach lurch in excitement... and a joyous kind of fear that he had only felt once before...the night in the cave. Suddenly, he could sense her arousal. It was driving him mad, he knew though, that he could not touch her... not here... no. They would have to wait.

"Gods wench... I am so in love with you." He coddled her neck with kisses and she laughed in surprise. Their compromising position was too much for him to handle, but he had to get in control of himself and he was more than happy when the nurse walked in and interrupted.

"Oh... I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?" The nurse was short, young and laughing... almost embarrassed for the couple. Kagome moved her hands to his waist and smiled at the young woman, who pushed the wheel chair beside the hanyou.

"No, we were just celebrating some happy news miss... that's all." She was smiling... Inuyasha smirked, that's all he ever wanted to do was see her beaming... he could live in her radiant smile forever, which he knew.

Helping her from the bed, Inuyasha picked Kagome up and placed her in the chair. He much rather have just carried her, but was informed that it was hospital regulations that prevented that until they had left the building. After they finished all her paperwork, and reached the outside, Inuyasha lifted her into his arms... and headed behind Kagome's mother to the 'car'. Peacefully, Inuyasha lounged in the backseat of the contraption embracing Kagome in his arms. Momentarily, she had fallen asleep with that brilliant smile plastered on her face; Inuyasha could only watch her in her slumber... tenderly running his hands through her raven hair.


When they reached the shrine, Inuyasha collected her in his arms again and leapt to her window. Placing her on the bed, he sat in the chair at her desk and continued to just watch her. Feeling his eyes, but not his touch, Kagome awoke and sat up.

"Inuyasha, will you please sleep over here... in the bed with me? I... I'm cold." He just looked at her before standing and grabbing an extra blanket.

"Keh, here... this should keep you warm." Just as he was turning to retreat back to the chair, he felt her sadness and turned back to look at her. "What's wrong Kagome?" She smiled sadly.

"Well, I ... I don't need another blanket Inuyasha... The truth is, I just want to be in your arms... is... is that okay?" Inuyasha smirked and moved towards the bed, sitting and holding her waist from the back.

"Of course it is wench... I didn't think you would want to." She closed her eyes as he pulled her back and covered them with the blanket.

"I always want it to be like this... Inuyasha..." She yawned and snuggled in closer; quietly drifting off she spoke in almost a whisper. "I'm only happy when I'm in your arms... like this."

He kissed her shoulder and tightened his embrace.

Sign up to rate and review this story