Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Against All Odds

It's Just Nerves

by Arisa 2 reviews

A little bit of language in this chapter, but nothing to bad.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-21 - 2271 words

0Unrated
Ch.7 It's Just Nerves
Well, I'm having trouble coming up with chapter titles, but no big deal. As long as you guys review and say that you like it, I'll keep writing. I wasn't sure who to shout out this time, so sorry guys. I really want to thank everyone for the reviews. Once again, I don't own anyone besides my OCs, like you didn't know that already. Now, on with the chapter.


I woke up to see Ryan sitting over me, running his fingers through my hair. I sat up and he noticed, shifting to help me sit up. "Are you feeling better?" He asked, looking at me with those gorgeous hazel-brown eyes. I nodded, smiling and stretching. "Shall we head over to the concert?" I asked, standing and grabbing another pair of my ripped jeans,and changing into them. He nodded, taking my hand as we walked out. I had become accustomed to walking out the back, so when we left this time I knew it was coming.

We headed to the venue in a comfortable silence. Once we got there, my shyness immediately kicked in. I was never good at meeting new people, and even though I had "met" Fall Out Boy already, it didn't really count. At least when I met Panic! I knew Spencer and Jon already. I fisted my hand in the back of Ryan's shirt, following him into the venue silently. He gave me a curious glance, but smile when he saw me hiding behind him. "Don't worry, they're all great guys." He ensured me, but I still felt like I was gonna die then and there of embarrassment.

By the time we got there, Brendon was already on stage and having fun. He finished out the first song and then headed back, giving Ryan and I a smile. He headed over a gave Ryan a quick kiss, then moved to give me one as well. I smiled when he pulled back, still clinging to Ryan. "God Ryan, what did you do to our girl? She isn't letting go." I laughed as Ryan pulled me into a hug. "I"m her protector." He said, waggling his eyebrows as Brendon snorted. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna go change." Ryan nodded and led me over to a couch. I was silently mouthing the words as the guys played and within a few seconds Ryan was too.

Brendon came out and gave us a small smirk. "Losers." Ryan stuck his tongue out and I giggled as Brendon sat down next to me. We spent most of the concert lip-syncing and poking fun at each other. When they finished I immediately got nervous, but Brendon was already up and pulling me towards them. Ryan put a hand on his shoulder and mine, making Brendon slow down a little and giving me extra comfort. Once we got to the guys I was feeling okay about meeting them.

Brendon shook each of their hands as they came off stage, and it wasn't until they moved back to shake Ryan's hand that they noticed me. "Hey, you are still alive!" Pete sounded excited, " and even after being with these too." He ruffled her hair and she laughed, giving him a hug. Patrick gave her a smile and a thumbs up, hugging her as well. Of course it couldn't continue being that nice. "Make sure you stay safe kid." I stuck my tongue out at Andy as he and Joe snickered, giving me hugs on the way to their dressing rooms.

Pete, who was shirtless, not that I was looking, poked part of his body out of the dressing room. "You guys have to come to the party tonight! Please?" He gave us a look that none of us could refuse. We nodded and I sighed, stretching. "It's been a while since I've been out." I smiled, wondering where we were going. "You party?" Brendon asked, smirking at me. "I always went to parties for the agency or ones that the other models held. As well as the occasional club." I laughed, looking down. I could see him waggling his eyebrows out of the corner of my eyes.

Once the guys were done changing, Pete grabbed Brendon's hand and dragged him out to the car, looking like an over-zealous child. I giggled and followed, talking to Ryan and Patrick, who had fallen into step with us. When we got to the club Pete and Brendon headed to the dance floor, Joe headed off with his girlfriend, as did Jon and Spencer. Andy headed over to the bar after everyone else left. That left me, Patrick, and Ryan sitting at the VIP booth. I laughed to myself as I watched Brendon dance with a girl until she tried to practically bed him on the floor, then he moved on to someone else. At least I knew for sure now that he was faithful.

Patrick headed off to get us some non-alcoholic drinks, since Patrick would have to take care of his bandmates, Ryan didn't drink, and I stayed away from alcohol as a general rule, especially in public. I sighed, looking around the bright club. Ryan took my hand and led me to the dance floor. We danced for a while, occasionally with Brendon joining in. After a few songs we decided to head back to the table. We managed to get separated on the way back and I realized I had no idea where the table was.

I sighed and laughed at myself, weaving my way through the crowd. My biggest realization during this, 'Being short sucks.' I squeaked as I was pulled out of the club by someone. "Katie?" I vaguely heard Pete's confused voice behind me. I yelped as I was pushed onto the pavement behind the club. "So what, I warn you and you keep it up." I rolled my eyes and stood up. "What is your problem, it has nothing to do with you. Move on, I have." I replied, moving to head past him and back into the club.

He stopped and pushed me into the wall, pushing his lips onto mine. I felt tears begin to fall down my cheeks as I tried to push him away. He finally pulled away when I heard someone gasp behind me. "Pete-" I started immediately, trying to explain the situation. I was forced to stop when he moved forward and punched Patrick. "Pete!" I moved forward to stop him. Not so much for Patrick's sake, more because I was worried about him being hurt. "You stay the fuck away from her from now on, asshole." Pete spat, pulling me back inside. I could feel Patrick's eyes burning into my back.

Pete stopped when we got back to the club, pulling me into his chest. "What the hell happened?" He asked, looking down at me. Even as I moved, I kept my eyes trained on the ground, not wanting him to see me crying. "I'm not sure, I was just trying to get back to the table..." I trailed off, and I felt him put his arm around me. I fisted a hand into his hoodie, placing the other hand in my own hoodie pocket. Patrick was still back at the table, but he was the only one. "Patrick, call Brendon and Ryan. Tell them to meet me back at the hotel." "What about-" Patrick started, but Pete just shook his head.

Pete quickly got a cab, pulling me into the back along with him. I vaguely heard him give the driver our hotel name, then lean back in silence. We arrived quickly and Pete payed the man. We headed upstairs, where Pete stopped in front if our door. "Do you have a key or should I take you into our room?" He asked, reaching into his pocket. I shook my head and pulled out my own key, opening the door for him. I led him back to our room in silence. When we got there he sat down on the bed next to me and neither of us said anything.

"Are you all right?" His voice pulled me out of my thoughts, which were moving to fast for me to really keep up with. "Yeah, I think so, but I don't know what might've happened if you didn't show up. I just...You know I wasn't kissing him right?" I asked, looking up to meet his eyes for the first time. He sighed and turned on the bed so we were facing each other. "I thought you might have been at first, which was why I was so shocked. Then when I saw you were crying I thought back to when Jon was talking to us about everything, and I thought that he was probably Patrick. Am I wrong." I shook my head, smiling at him.

We heard the door open and I could hear Brendon's voice yelling for Pete. "Hey, Pete, why the hell did you call us away from the party?" "Calm down Bren, I'm sure there was a good reason." Pete sighed and stood up, giving me a smile. "I'll explain things, so try to dry those tears for me?" He said it like it was a question, so I nodded, smiling back at him. I sighed as I heard him close the door, leaning back onto the bed. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve, taking a deep breath to calm myself.

The tears had stopped coming, and I was know just waiting to see Brendon and Ryan again. There was the sound of Pete's voice through the door, though I couldn't hear him. "WHAT?" was all I heard before silence, and then Brendon and Ryan were both in the room, on the bed. Brendon immediately placed his lips over mine, his hands running lightly up my sides along with Ryan's. All of a sudden, Brendon's hadn hit the spot on my side where I had hit the ground. I pulled back and winced and Ryan smiled at me. "Thought so. Take off your shirt."

I blinked at him, unsure of what was happening. I knew I couldn't take my shirt off though, they would see the bruise on my wrist, and whatever bruises were forming from my last encounter ewith Patrick. "Katie, we figured from what Pete told us he had probably hurt you. So, we found out the only way we could." I sighed, knowing Brendon and Ryan would have found out eventually. Ryan moved to give me a light kiss. "It's okay Katie... we just want to help."

I bit my lip and nodded, pulling the shirt over my head. I looked down at myself, glad that there was nothing seriously wrong. Besides my wrist, I had a mark on my left side that I knew would be a bruise soon enough, and a very light scrape on my stomach. "That bastard..." I heard Ryan murmur softly, and it was the first time I had heard him curse. He ran a hand down my side, then pulled my wrist towards him. "When did this happen?" "Only a couple of nights ago, I'm fine really." I answered, giving him a small smile. "Anything else hurt? If you lie, I'll find out." I sighed and considered lying, but I decided it wasn't worth it. "My ankle hurts, but it isn't anything serious."

"Alright then, I think we'd better get ready for bed." I nodded, standing up to find my pajamas. I quickly gave up and grabbed a pair of crimson and cream colored pajama pants and a tank top. I quickly finished getting ready and hopped into bed. I was tired, emotionally drained, my ankle, side, and wrist were hurting again, and I was cold. I know, I know, I'm ranting, but at least it isn't out loud, right?

Ryan was the first to join me in bed, and I threw my arms around his waist. Yes, I'm also clingy, It's just my personality. Ryan was running his arms up and down my sides, and I felt someone slip in behind me, his body pressing into mine. I soon felt Brendon's arms secure themselves quite tightly around my waist. Ryan smiled and wrapped on of his hand around my waist, the other he placed on Brendon's side. "Katie?" I heard Ryan ask quietly. "Yes?" I responded feeling Brendon shift behind me. "Are you really sure your okay?"

"Of course, I'm fine." I answered.

"I just...when Pete told us what happened, I didn't know whether to be more angry or scared."

"What if he hadn't shown up?" Brendon pointed out, speaking for the first time.

"I'm really not sure. To be honest, I was scared then. I'm scared even now, but I feel better with you guys here." Brendon's grip tightened even more.

"I swear , that bastard won't touch you again. Do us a favor and stick near me and Ryan tomorrow. We should be on the bus most of the day anyhow." I smiled and nodded into Ryan's chest.

"I think that I would have done that even without you asking." I felt myself falling asleep, glad that I could just stop thinking for a while.

Well, that's it for this chapter. I have realized something important. I have a lot of typos, and I think maybe a beta-reader might help. Do you guys think it would be a good idea? Keep the reviews coming, I love hearing from you guys. Also, if theres something you want in the fic, please drop a suggestion. I'm having a little trouble writing right now.
Sign up to rate and review this story