Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Against All Odds

Not Again

by Arisa 3 reviews

Umm...Read and find out?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-16 - Updated: 2007-01-16 - 2652 words

1Original
Ch.6 Not Again
I'm sorry that not much happened last chapter, but thanks for reviewing guys. I think half the reason I get inspired to write more is you guys. (I'm doing homework as I type this, or at least I should be.) Shout out to KoKoaPuffsAtTheDisco this chapter, cause she reviews and has an AWESOME! name. I, obviously, don't own anyone besides Katie and Patrick, and I don't own Clandestine. Now, on with the fic.


I smiled to myself, watching the boys at the photo shoot. They all had great poses, and seemed so comfortable in front of the camera. 'Comes with fame I suppose.' I mused to myself, still smiling. I jumped as my phone went off. I needed to remember to turn it off vibrate. I flipped it open, not recognizing the number. "Bothering your poor brother now? Honestly, how rude can you get!" I heard her shift the phone slightly. "Just because you ruined our lives and we finally left you because it was the best thing for you, doesn't give you the right to ruin his carreer. We let you fend for yourself so you'd learn some respect." I groaned. Life couldn't get better, now I had to deal with my aunt too.

Spencer shot me a questioning look as he took a drink from a bottle of water. She smiled and shook her head, holding up a hand and signaling him to give me a couple of minutes. I walked out into the little hallway beside the room, not really listening to my aunt anymore. She finally stopped talking, and I took the opporunity before she could start again. "Look, I didn't come here to see Jon, I met him on accident. Secondly, you can't stop me from seeing my brother, I appreciate when you took me in before, but he's still my family. Third, I'm not mooching off him. I don't know how long I'll be staying, but if I do go on tour with him it isn't to ruin anything." I heard my aunt groan on the other side of the phone.

"Fine. It's not like your my responsibilty anymore, but if you cause problems for your sweet, talented brother I'll take you home right away." I growled, glaring at my phone. "Why are you being so adament about this? You hated Jon before...nevermind. I get it, goodbye." I hung up. How dare she suddenly act as though Jon was a priority now that he was in the band. She wasn't even related to him, and she had still had the nerve to tell him how much of a waste of time the bass was a few years ago. I guess things like that went out the window once someone gets famous.

I put on a smile and walked back into the room, seeing that the guys were back in their street clothes. "Hey, ready to get going, we're gonna head back to the hotel and watch some movies." I nodded, following the guys out the back door and into a waiting car. I yawned and stretched as the guys debated about what movie to watch. They finally decided on Wedding Crashers as we pulled up in front of the hotel. We hurried in, glad that most of the fans were in school. We quickly headed upstairs, half-listening to Jon make random comments about the hotel decore. We got to our room quickly, heading straight into the living room area. Spencer and Jon stretched out on the couch, while Ryan, Brendon and I shared the big chair. I ended up on their laps, not that I was complaining.

The movie started and we were all making random comments, usually about the girls. Of course, my darling brother's comments were generally enough to make me want to gag him. Once the movie ended we all got up, ready to head out to the venue. I followed them out, not really listening to the conversation going on around me. I kept imagining what the concert was going to be like, and I was already getting nervous. By the time we had arrived, I was more nervous than the guys were.

Once we got in, the guys were busy with sound checks, fittings, make-up, and everything else. When I saw them again, they were about ready to go on stage. Jon was jumping around excitedly, bothering Spencer who was rolling his eyes. Brendon and Ryan walked over to me and I wished them luck. I gave each of them a kiss on the lips and gave Spencer and Jon a kiss on the cheek as they headed out. I stayed in the back for most of the time, tapping my foot to the rhythm of their music. After they finished the last song, they came back in smiling. "You guys are awesome live!" I exclaimed, smiling as well.

Jon smirked and ruffled my hair as he walked over to throw away his water bottle. "I'm just so sexy I make the concert seem better than it really is." Spencer rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to say something, but Jon dragged him off to the dressing room. "We've gotta go get ready to meet the fans." I nodded and sat back on the couch as Brendon and Ryan made their way back to change. They got into their street clothes rather quickly and headed out with the guards.

I yawned and sank into the couch farther, knowing it would be a while. I wasn't sure how long it had been, since I had apparently dozed off, but I woke up to my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I glanced sideways at my phone, wondering who it was. I should learn to check my caller id.

"Hey, Katie. Ryan looks really worn out, so we sent him back to head to the hotel. Go with him and make sure hes alright, please?" Brendon sounded slightly worried and I was immediately awake.

"Yeah of course, don't worry about it. I'll see you soon?" I questioned, wondering what was wrong with Ryan.

"Of course, I'll be back after the signings are done. There sould be an hour left at the most, but I'll call when we're done."

"Alright, have fun. I see Ryan now, so I'll talk to you soon." I said, standing up and making my way towards Ryan.

"Kay, see ya." He responded and I hung up, putting the phone back into my hoodie.

"Ryan, are you okay?" I asked, noticing that he did look paler than before. "Yeah, I think I'm just tired. You gonna head back with me?" He asked, gathering his stuff together. "Of course!" I answered, following him out to the car. All the fans that were still around were at the signing, so we had no problem getting to the car despite the small bit of security. The drive to the hotel was quiet, and Ryan look almost as though he was falling asleep right there.

Once we arrived at the hotel, we had to turn and drive around to the back because of all the fans. By the time we got to the room, Ryan was looking like a vampire. No one should be that pale. I followed as he walked to the bedroom and lied down, falling asleep almost immediately. I sighed, moving him so that I could sit him up. I began to pull his shirt off, thanking god that he was light enough for me to hold up. I pulled his shirt off, looking around for his white pajama shirt and sitting him up to put it on. He was helping me out by trying to sit up as best he could.

He helped by taking his own pants off and lying down as I pulled the covers around him. He was already asleep again, so I felt his forehead. He was warm, and so I headed off to find a small towel. I found it quickly enough and placed it under the cool water. I wrung it out and walked back to the bed, placing it on his head. I didn't know how long it had been, but I awoke to my phone vibrating in my hoodie pocket.

"Hello?" I answered tiredly, not sure when I fell asleep.

"Hey, I'm on my way back. Everything okay there?" I heard Brendon ask, and I knew he was still worried.

"Yeah, he fell asleep as soon as we got back. He's running a fever, but he seems fine." I answered back, waking up slightly.

"Alright, the guys are heading to the after-party, but I'll be back soon." He seemed to calm down a little bit.

"Okay, see you soon," I answered, a small smile appearing on my face.

I stood up and took the towel off his forehead, putting my hand to it again. I exhaled in relief when he felt a little cooler. I wet the towel again and placed it back on his forehead when he spoke. "Whats going on?" He asked and his voice sounded hoarse. "Your running a slight fever, but you should be fine. I'll go get you a glass of water. I saw him nod a little and stood to retrieve the glass. I came back and handed it to him. He took a small drink and set it on the nightstand again.

The door opened and Brendon came in, looking a little pale himself. "Brendon, are you alright?" I asked, and he gave me an odd look, lying down next to Ryan. "You look pale too." I responded to his look, moving to feel his forehead. He gave me a pout and I sighed, retreating to the bathroom to get another wet towel. I placed in on Brendon's forhead and he gave me a playful glare. "Glaring isn't going to change the fact that your sick." I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek, but he turned and gave me one on the lips. I stood up and stuck my tongue out.

I yawned moving back to my seat on the floor by Ryan, which was actually a pillow set on the floor with a blanket next to it.. I heard Brendon roll over and he was now snuggling into Ryan's side. Ryan had fallen back asleep, but he put a hand on Brendon's back instinctively.I stood and headed into the bathroom, changing into my pajamas and getting completely ready for bed. I headed back to my spot, sitting down and looking over the two guys. I picked up the clothes, since they were both laying on their sides, Ryan facing me and Brendon snuggled into his back.

I set the clothes in the bathroom, and when I sat down again, Ryan's eyes were open and he was looking at me. "What time is it?" He mumbled, looking adoreable even half-asleep. "It's nearly two in the morning." I answered, slightly shocked myself. "Your still up?" He answered, seeming shocked. Before I could answer, he started coughing and I helped him sit up, handing him his water. He swallowed and gave me a small smile as he settled down again. "Sorry about this." I shook my head, giving him a small smile. "Don't worry about it, it isn't your fault your sick. Besides, now I get to do something for you." I answered with a small smile.

He smiled and closed his eyes again, and I heard the door to the apartment open. There was some quiet talking as the door was closed followed by the noise of someone tripping. "You are so smashed." I heard Spencer sigh, and my brother just laughed. I giggled to myself laying my hands on the bed and setting my head down. I couldn't sleep, so I decided to pick up my modeling book, adding in the photos from the last shoot. I took out a few of my favorite shots, placing them into the plastic cover's folds.

After finishing that in a matter of minutes, I retrieved a stack of rag mags that had been in the living room. I read through a few of the articles, laughing to myself. By the time I had finished reading through the magazines, it was almost six in the morning. 'Wow, time really past quickly.' I yawned and stood, stretching slightly. I made my way to the bathroom, getting ready for the morning. I showered quickly, and changed my clothes. I was about to put on my jeans when I realized how drained I was. So, instead I changed back into my Clandestine shorts. I pulled on my bra, and was about to put on my cami, when I noticed the purple finger-marks on my wrist. I groaned, knowing that I couldn't wear that since they'd be waking up soon.

I walked outside carefully, grabbing a long-sleeved black shirt with Jack Skellington on the front. I jumped when I heard someone moving behind me, tripping over my bag's strap. I winced as I heard the floor and heard footsteps behind me. I was lifted onto my feet and I turned to face Brendon. "Shit Katie, I'm sorry. I didnt mean to scare you. You okay?" I nodded, reaching up to feel his forehead. "Well, you seem to be better. Feeling okay?" I asked, smiling at him. He nodded and I saw Ryan's arms wrap around Brendon. "How are you feeling Ryan?" He gave me a smile, his head resting on Brendon's shoulder. "Much better, thanks to someone." I blushed and looked down, but looked up again when Brendon gave me a light tug.

"Want to go get something to eat? I'm hungry now that I'm over that little bug. I shook my head and gave them a smile, "I think I'm gonna hang around the room. I have a few things I want to finish." I lied, I was just tired. They nodded and headed into the kitchen. I yawned and slid onto the bed, curling up under the covers. I could still feel the warmth from where the boys slept, and I almost fell asleep there. I sighed, looking at the ceiling. My throat hurt and I felt like someone had taken a hammer to my ankle. I guess I had been sitting on it wrong.

~Brendon's POV~

Ryan and I headed into the kitchen where Spencer was already eating. We grabbed some cereal and sat down as Spencer started talking. "Glad you two are feeling better. How's Katie? She didn't catch it, did she?" He asked, placing his bowl in the sink. "I don't think so. I mean, she was up awfully early to be sick." I answered, finishing off the last of my cereal. "Dude, you eat way to fast first of all," Spencer said shaking his head. "Secondly, of course she was up early. She's been up with you guys all night.

I heard Ryan choke on his cereal and watched Spencer give him a pat on the back. "Why?" Ryan asked, looking at Spencer. "Cause she was worried about you losers, why else?" He asked, heading back into his room. Ryan and I shared a look before getting up and heading back to our room.

~Katie's POV~

I turned as I heard the door open and Ryan's hand on my forehead. "Why didn't you tell us?" He asked, and I look up to see Brendon sitting beside me. "I'm fine really, I think I just need some sleep and I'll be okay." Brendon nodded and stood up. "You go ahead and get some sleep. Ryan will be here when you wake up. I have to go to the venue again, since I'm planning on helping Patrick at the beginning of the show." I nodded, falling asleep with Ryan next to me, the TV controller in his hand.

There we go, hope you liked it. I tried to make this chapter longer.



Sign up to rate and review this story