Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

Chapter 4

by ViolaMonster 4 reviews

PART TWO ADDED

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-11-05 - 606 words

0Unrated
POINTS FOR ME!!! USED SAT VOCAB!!!!!! and I bolded them for you!!! have fun!

A few months later, the band had officially become "Fall Out Boy", from a something someone had shouted during a show, but they had yet to snag a drummer. They played shows with whichever drummer was available. Despite the fact that playing the songs correctly during shows wasn't their strong point, excluding Patrick's singing, they managed to draw a crowd, and eventually built a pretty devoted following.

One day, Patrick and I were picking up some guitar picks at the local music store. While I was searching for the kinds of picks Joe and Pete preferred, Patrick sat down at one of the pianos and began to play.

"What's that?" I asked, approaching him from behind, after paying for Pete and Joe's picks.

"Oh, nothing, just..." he trailed off. I sat down on the bench next to him. Man, this guy really needed to grow out of his diffidence.

"No, come on, I want to hear what you wrote!" I said, smiling at him. I'd noticed that Patrick responded well when he was smiled at, as opposed to the yelling of, "DUDE!" that was customary with Pete and Joe, although that would grow on him as the years passed.

He looked hesitant, but he began to play a simple, but dynamic, melody on the black and white keys of the piano. I listened, and thought of a poem Pete had showed me from is journal. The words fit almost perfectly into the rhythm of the melody. I sang:

"Where is your boy tonight
I hope he is a gentleman
And maybe he won't' find out what I know
You were the last good thing about this part of town"


Instead of the confused look I expected from Patrick, I turned to see a smirk on his face.

"You don't know what that poem is about, do you?" he asked me.

"Should I?" I countered.

Patrick didn't answer me. He simply got up from the piano and walked toward the door with me hot on his heels. He wore that stupid little smirk the whole drive home, but it was wiped off of his face at the sight of a familiar figure as he pulled the car into the driveway. Margie, who had, of course, follwed Pete over to Fall Out Boy and was now their self-proclaimed "biggest fan", stood leaning against Pete's front door, wearing her bright red lipstick, super-short skirt, and a look in her eyes that clearly stated, "I'm going to nail the lead singer."

Patrick seemed to be frozen to his spot. Salacious women scared him, especially ones who yelled suggestive things at him from the crowd at shows.

I got out of the car and approached Margie, making sure my countenance made clear my antipathy towards her. She maintained the smug expression she'd been wearing since she saw Patrick's car pull up.

"I think it would be best if you left" I said to her, trying to stay calm, "we get enough of you at every show. He's not interested."

She started down the driveway, got into her car, and drove off, but the smile never left her face.


okay, that was fun. my friend downloaded Infinity On High (somebody leaked it) and burned me a copy. I promise I'm still buying the real one come February 6, but I can't stop listening to it. If I had to pick a favorite I'd say "Bang The Doldrums"

"best friends/ex-friends 'til the end/better off as lovers/and not the other way around"

thanks for the reviews

love ya!
Sign up to rate and review this story