Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The World as We See It

Archie's Day

by Always_A_Legend 8 reviews

beside fighting that crazy psycho, we still have to live the fears and joy of teenage's everyday life

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-12-13 - Updated: 2006-12-14 - 1458 words

0Unrated
Another series I decided to start. It doesn't really have a plot. Just basically, the teen's everyday life. Yes remember, not only they have to have the crazy psycho over there, they also have to deal with everyday teen problems. Today, I'll start with Archie. It will be told from his POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned.

'A few more minutes!' But the beeping never ceased. I groaned some more.

'Alright, alright! I'm up! Are you happy now?' Still, the beeping continued on. I let out a roar and start to beat up my alarm clock. Yes, you can say I'm not much of a morning person. Oh, why oh why did God invent the alarm clock. It's just a stupid thing that doesn't work on school days but works very well on weekends when you have no reasons to wake up so early. Oh well, guess I have to wake up sooner or later. In this case, it's sooner. I quickly dress up and brush my teeth. I check my cowlick is up and not flat. I hate it when it's flat. I raced downstairs only to find Herry gobbling part of my breakfast.

'Oi! That's my breakfast!' I cried but too late.

'Huh? Oh you mean, that was your breakfast,' said Herry, burping and patting his belly. Then he looked around, deciding whose breakfast to raid next. He settled his mind on pretty-boy. Not that he'll notice. He's too busy checking his reflection with a spoon too even notice the itsy bitsy spider crawling on the bottom hem of his shirt. Poor dude. Better get outta here unless I want to become deaf due to pretty-boy's girly scream. I quickly buttered a piece of toast, grabbed my bag and headed for the door. Just before I exit, I call to my teammates that unless they want to become deaf, they better get out in less than 15 seconds. They shoot me weird glances but I just shrugged them off. Oh well, my gain, their loss. Just as I close the door, a VERY, note the capital very, high pitched scream was heard from the inside. Then chairs scraping on the marble floor. And then pretty boy's panic was heard.

'Ahhh!!! Get it off, get it off!!! My shirt! My cashmere shirt!!! Ahh!!!!' Then Jay's voice.

'Neil, it's just a harmless spider.' Wrong move.

'A SPIDER!! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!!' I sighed. Things never change. But then, if it did change, the life I'm living in won't be the same and as amusing. I sighed and continued on towards the living hell, adults like to consume us in. School. A dreadful place, I tell you. Scary teachers, endless homework, hard tests, bullies, geeks, weirdoes. School is full of things that intrigue people. But not me. School is a total living hell. Give me Cronus anytime and I'll take him on anytime. I entered the noisy building and headed for my locker. I found the others already there. I shot them a bewildered look.

'How...'

'We took Herry's truck,' came the simple reply. I formed an O shape with my mouth. I look around and saw pretty-boy still fidgeting with his looks. I grinned.

'Hey Neil. Is that a spider leg I see on your shirt?' I said, pointing at a small, faint black line. Probably from a marker or something. But the dude was too stupid to notice. He started to freak out again. I shook my head and walked on. The first bell started to go.

'Crap! If I'm late for English again, the teacher will surely bite my head off!' I quickly gathered my things and ran towards my class. As I took my seat, the final bell went and I let out a sigh of relief.

'Saved.' For the whole morning, the teachers would drone on and on about the verb agreements, formulas, equations and everything that nobody cares about. Finally, lunch came. I took a tray and start to pile it with food. Guess that toast wasn't enough. When I carried back to the table, everyone started to eye the tray and I. I looked at it and notice that it was the same size as Herry's.

'Well, what do you expect. I'm a growing boy,' I shrugged.

'I agree,' said Herry with his mouth full. Theresa looked at me in the eye.

'Right. But I won't suggest it though.'

'Why not?'

'You have bio next right?'

'Uh huh.'

'Lung dissection today.' I spat whatever was in my mouth out. Fortunately, it didn't land on the table or anywhere near the other's tray. Thank god or else Herry would have killed me. Unfortunately, the food landed on a certain pretty boy who, as usual, was checking his reflection with his life treasure, The Mirror. The food was splattered everywhere on him. The mirror, the hair, the shirt, you name it. Poor dude, I guess his luck does ran out from time to time. Neil stared and I plugged my ears, waiting for the blow. The best move I ever made since this morning.

'ARRGH!!! MY SHIRT! MY HAIR!! MY MIRROR!!! AHHHHH!!!' I wiped my mouth.

'Gee, you could have delivered that news when I was chewing. What a waste of a good hot dog.' Theresa just shrugged.

'Just a piece of advice.' The rest of lunch time went quietly. Jay finally calmed down Neil. I only ate half of the food I had on my tray while Herry polished the rest. Now don't get me wrong. I can handle dissections easy but it's the worksheet that comes with it that I have problem with. They are hard and hardly anyone understand the questions. I quickly ran to my locker, gathered my bio stuff and headed for the library. I thought maybe if I had a headstart on gathering info about the dissection and the lung itself, I might be able to answer the questions easily. I quickly leafed through my notes, then my textbook. If there was anything that I didn't get or it wasn't in the textbook, I would look it up in one of the encyclopedia. I was so absorbed in my work that I didn't notice the time flying by. When I thought only 10 minutes passed, lunch was over and people were gathering their things for the next class. I quickly gathered mine and headed over to Mr. Mori's bio class. When I entered the class, the stench of the dissected lungs from the previous class hit me. Hard. It was horrible. Some students looked sick, some opened the window, leaned over and taking huge breaths of fresh air. As I walked toward my station, my stomach felt weird. The bell rang and a few minutes later, the teacher came in. I shuddered. That teacher always gives me the creep. He's not your usual skimpy, wimpy science geek. More like humongous, gigantic muscle freak. He could be a wrestler champion if he wanted to. He ordered, no wait more like barked at the two kids nearest to him to fetch the trays in the back room.

'As you know, today we will be dissecting and study the human lung. The lung provided is not an actual human lung but a pig's lung. Their lungs are very similar to the human ones and thus making our lab more accurate than if we use another animal's lung,' he barked. 'And remember, this used to be part of a living creature so respect it!' Students all around started to grab their aprons and their equipments. Since there was enough for everyone, this lab was solo. I grabbed my things and stared at the smelly lump flesh in front of me. My stomach churned. Oooh boy. Maybe I should have listened to Theresa's advice. I took the scalpel and continued to stare at the flesh. The teacher was strolling around, checking on us. By the time he came by my table, I was still staring while the others were half way done.

'McMiller! What are you doing!' he barked in my ear. 'Stop cowarding and slice that lung open!' I gulped and gently cut open the lung. I was shaking so bad I dropped the scalpel. I stared at the many microscopic holes and the blood gushing out of them. Never mind I take back what I said earlier. I should have listened to Drama Queen. The next few moments happened so fast. The contents of my stomach was all splattered over the table and the red-faced teacher and then the next thing I knew, I was eating dirt. Man what a day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, here ya go. Hope y'all enjoy it! look forward to the next teen's day: drum roll please druuuummm....ATLANTA!!
Sign up to rate and review this story