Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The World as We See It

Atlanta's Day

by Always_A_Legend 3 reviews

beside fighting that crazy psycho, we still have to live the fears and joy of teenage's everyday life. WARNING: COARSE LANGUAGE USED.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1315 words

0Unrated
I'm bored so I'm going to update some of my ongoing stories, starting with my newest series, The World as We See It. Today's special, Atlanta's Day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Man, what a day,' I said to Theresa.

'Yah tell me about it. School is almost out for winter vacation and teachers are going bonkers. I have two projects due by the end of next week, one for science and one for English. Then I have a social test next Tuesday and then a math test the next day...' said Theresa as she counted off her fingers. I backed away.

'Whoa, whoa! Hold it right there!' I cried. Theresa looked at me.

'What??'

'Too much info,' I replied, holding my hands in front of me as if the school work was contagious. 'I have Tyre next for English. I better not be late or else she's gonna chew off my head. Literally.' Theresa laughed.

'Ok! See you at lunch!' she waved and headed off in her own direction. I sighed and reluctantly gathered my English binder. I was sooo not looking forward to the next class. Tyre had a reputation of scaring kids until they wet their pants. She yells and she yells and she yells. Hmm...I wonder how come she never gets a sore throat after all that yelling all day long. The warning bell rang and I muttered some curses. Must have lots track of time when I was wondering about Monster-face who was waiting in her "torture" room. I arrive just in the nick of time. The final bell went just as I took my sit in the middle row. Students are still hanging around and chatting. I look around and notice that the teacher isn't in the room. I turned to the girl next to me and ask where the teacher was.

'No idea. No one was here when we first came so we just took a seat,' she replied with a shrug. I sat and stared at the board. I sat there for five whole minutes. I shot glances at the clock on the wall. 5 minutes went pass then 10. I sighed and looked around. Students were still standing. I sighed for the third time today.

'Well, better get started on my reading,' I thought, as I fish a book out of my backpack. It's a novel about Atalanta and her adventure in Caledonia. It's awesome. Maybe you should read it one day too. I am half way through and I was hoping to finish it before the end of the week. I open to the page where I left off and let myself go into my world of imagination. I was so absorbed in my reading that I pay no heed to the time nor my surrounding. Before I knew it, I was turning the last page of chapter 17 when the bell rang. I looked, startled and realized that the period was finished. I got up and gathered my belongings and went to my locker. I found Theresa waiting for me outside the door.

'Hey,' she greeted. 'How was class?'

'Ok, I guess. The teacher never showed up so I read my novel during the whole class. Time flies and you're absorbed in something.'

'You said it. Anyways, I got to run. I have a lab next class. We're dissecting,' she made a face.

'Yuck. Who's the unlucky creature this time?'

'Mr. Froggy. Man, why is Mr. Mantler so obsessed with dissection? We practically do dissection every week! I'm starting to regret taking biology.'

I smiled sympathetically. Theresa rush off with her things while I rush off with mine. I have gym with my mentor, Artemis. Well actually, I'm the only one who knows she's Artemis. She's Ms. Moon to the others. I quickly change and warm myself up around the track then I do some stretching before taking my place in line. Like my last class, the teacher was late. I waited and waited and waited. The other students started to chat among themselves. Finally, the teacher showed up.

'Sorry class. I had a staff meeting last period and we lost track of time. Unfortunately, I have another meeting starting in a few minutes. So I want you to warm up for 10 mins and then you can shoot hoops, or whatever you want to do.'

People around start to run around the track while Artemis head off to the staff room. Since I already warmed up, I started to shoot hoops. I was on the verge of shooting my seventy-fifth basket consecutively when a tap on my shoulder made me pause and turn around. Standing behind my back was Stacey and her peeps. Stacey is the most popular girl in the whole Olympia school. She's the student body president, cheerleader captain and drama queen. But to me, she isn't some kind of Barbie. She's the most devilish of all devils.

'Hey flat-chest, scored any boys today?' she sneered. I roll my eyes at her.

'Hey blondie, scored any pants today?' I snapped back.

'Why you, little bitch,' Stacey glared at me. I glared back. We were like two cats, fighting their cat fight while all the others stood back and watched with fear. 'If you think that little snap back is going to get me, you are soo wrong.'

'Oh yah? Well, you got more? Then bring it on!' Stacey pushed me with such force that I lost my balance and fell. We were there, practically spitting and hissing at each other when a voice rang out.

'What's going on here?' It was David, the most popular boy at school, football captain and top academic student. He and Stacey just fit each perfectly...well, in Stacey's world. But everybody knows David has a thing for Theresa. She's always thinking of some kind of scheme to make David notice her. But her known reputation as a slut was known to everyone including David and the teachers.

'Oh, um...well, you see, I was teaching Atlanta how to shoot a hoop and we got into a misunderstanding and um...' lied Stacey. David frowned. Chattering started to rise among the people who were watching.

'What is talking about?'

'That isn't right.'

'Well, Sophie. You can add another point to your list.'

'What a liar. Who does she think she is?'

'No. I think the question is who does she think we are?'

David frowned even deeper.

'Um...David? Is something wrong?' asked Stacey.

'Yes, I do believe there is something.' Stacey drew in a big breath, waiting for his answer.

'Look at her. Looking at him with this ridiculous hopeful look,' I thought.

'You are a big fat liar with nothing but lies and you're a total slutty bitch. Everybody knows that you like to pick on people and you have nothing good to make others think you have an angel in you. That just now proves it. Everybody knows that Atlanta is the top basketball player in the whole junior girl team. And so what if she's flat-chested? Everybody likes her! And, plus she hangs out with Archie, Jay, Neil, Odie, Herry and Theresa. The friendship they share is way better than having a different boyfriend everyday of the week,'

David's out burst shocked everybody, including Stacey.

'But, but...'

'Your days as Queen of the World is over,' said David as the bell rang. Still nobody moved; they were waiting to see what was going to happen next. Then he turned around and helped me up.

'Hey Atlanta, you okay?'

'Yah, I'm fine. The bell went, I better go and change. Thanks for the helping hand.'

'Anytime.'

I rush off to the locker room and quickly get changed. Then I went to the cafeteria to join the others for lunch.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This one is kind of short...but oh well. R&R!...why do I keep saying that? Anyways, next off will be Herry.
Sign up to rate and review this story