Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The World as We See It

Herry's Day

by Always_A_Legend 3 reviews

beside fighting that crazy psycho, we still have to live the fears and joy of teenage's everyday life

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-01-25 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 2057 words

2Original
I'm bored so I'm going to start on the next chapter of this series. Today's star: our beloved muscular glutton, Herry. No offence, Herry.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the wake of dawn, I like to wake up, spread the curtains and breathe in some fresh air. Well somewhat fresh air. The air is not so fresh when there's CFCs, methane gas and whole lot of other gases with complicated names mixed in it. I was born and raised in a farm and these little habits of mine came with me when I moved to New Olympia a few months back. Though the air isn't as fresh as in the Prairies, life is still as good. I have good friends, I'm one of the few peoples who have close relationships with Greek gods and Ancient heroes, not to mention I'm a hero myself. Though I have to fight a crazy psychotic god of time as my pastime, I'm actually thankful that he escaped from that prison cell of his. It's because of him, I was able to meet Jay, Theresa, Archie, Atlanta, Odie and Neil. They're my best buds. Especially Odie. At the beginning, we didn't understand each other's way, but as time went along, we got to know each other really well and we because inseparable. I smelled the air once again and noticed that a new smell was mixed in it. My nose twitched and my stomach grumbled. Athena's cooking was unmistakable.

'Is that? Yes it is!' I cried. I quickly changed into my signature green T-shirt and my cargo pants. Then I slipped my old slippers and rushed downstairs. I noticed that the others had also noticed the savoring smell of French toast and were quickly getting ready to get some. Athena makes the best ones in the block so they disappear quickly. Thanks to me. I'm big and muscled but not fat! I'm just more big boned as they called. My strength is thanks to my ancestor, Hercules. You heard of him right? The guy who completed the Twelve Labors given by his cousin, Eurystheus, in twelve years. If you don't know, then I suggest that you get your butt out of here and go to the library and look up some books about him. Come on, shoo, shoo, out you go. What? You're still here? Well, I guess then you are smarter than I thought or you are like Odie, a true techno geek. No offence Odie! Now where was I? Ah, yes, Athena's cooking. As I walked down the stairs, my nose twitched uncontrollably and my mouth started watering. I took my seat and Athena served me a pile of syrup drowned toasted toasts.

Breakfast went fast quickly and soon the rest of the gang was piling in my truck and we sped away to Olympus High. Did I tell you that there is a secret wing in the school where the gods help us train to fight their big Daddy Cronus? Yup, that's also where we all first met and learned about our destiny. I would never forget that day where the giants came and tried to trample me. Nor will I forget how I was swooped up in the air by Hermes' griffins. Did I tell you about my airsickness? I'm more of a land person. The sea and the air don't suit me well. I prefer Mother Earth as my living quarters. Anyways, as I was saying, we sped away but due to the rain storm last night, the road was a bit slippery and the brakes needed some repairs. When we arrived, we all quickly raced to the bushes and emptied the contents of our stomach.

'Herry, next time you want to drive like a mad man, remind me to count me out,' said Odie.

'Look at what you did at my cashmere shirt!! It's all wrinkled,' cried Neil. I rolled my eyes, and went to check on my truck for any scratches. This truck is a gift from my granny and I treasured it like...well, like a treasure. When I made sure no scratch was on my truck, I entered the school with the others. The halls were full of students. I guess it wasn't abnormal. It's the midterm exams. They've been driving everyone up to the wall. To get ready for them, everybody have been coming early to school, hoping to get some help from the teachers. Now we all know how teachers are. They are always moody and emo. I'm starting to think they hate the midterms more than the students. Who can blame them. If it was me, I would also be crabby for waking up early in the morning just to be bombarded with questions. Not worth it, if you ask me. Ah, there goes the warning bell. I have math with Odie and Neil. Odie and I waited for Neil to get ready. Now, he already have his books and binders ready in his bag. It's just he have to check his face every five minutes with what we started to call The Mirror. Yes, The Mirror. The Mirror is a good kid. It helped us a few time with his all so amazing gleam. But the guy handling The Mirror is what's wrong. If you really know Neil like us and not like his fan girls, you'll know that The Mirror is with his every second of Neil's life. Never once you'll see Neil without The Mirror. Neil is a direct descendant of Narcissus. The guy was known to only love himself. Well, Neil is just like him. Ever since we met him, he've been annoying us with his love for himself. I swear there's a whole conspiracy out there that is out to get us. They have send Neil to annoy the crap out of us. And if they were here, I would have gone up to them and shake their hand and congratulating them for a work well done.

Neil finally put away his beloved mirror and grabbed his bag. We walked to our class and took a seat. There was two horrible words on the blackboard waiting for us. In CAPITAL! POP QUIZ it said. Everywhere around us, students are freaking out.

'Oh my god! We have a pop quiz today!'

'Really! Oh no! what is it going to be on?'

'On math, DUH!'

'No, I meant what units.'

'Probably everything. I mean the midterms are here. Mr. Moore is probably doing this to review.'

Who's Mr. Moore you ask? He's our super nerdy math teacher. He's great and all that but I think he's a bit wacked on the head, if you know what I mean. I mean he's a nice teacher, pretty tolerant and quite sympathetic but the guy is too obsessed with math. There is not a sentence that comes out of him without some kind of difficult mathematical term in the sentence. Even Odie sometimes doesn't understand him and he's supposed to be like the modern day Albert Einstein. I'm not saying I'm dumb even though sometimes I am but everyone around me thinks Mr. Moore is wacked too. There's Davis who's an average kid who really puts lots of effort in passing the course and there's Sophie who a good student but sometimes gets confused with terms in math so that's when Odie comes in the picture and helps her out. Let me tell you a secret but it's between you and me. No telling to Jay, Theresa, Atlanta, Archie or Neil. Especially not Neil. He's going to blabber it around school. Odie have a crush on Sophie. That's why he's so willing to help Sophie. Sophie is pretty and all that but she's not my type. She's like Odie, a genius but in the science department.

'Ok, class. Please close your books and take out a pen or pencil. Pop quiz time,' said the teacher as he enter the room. Groans were heard all around us but the students did as they were told. Minutes later, pencil were scribbling and scratching all around me. I looked at my test paper and my mind went blank. I couldn't blame it though. It was all stuff from the beginning of school. How am I supposed to remember those long formulas? The clock went ticking by and still, I wasn't able to remember how to calculate the slope of y= ½ x+153 nor how to find the x-intercept of (1,6) and (-1,13). Finally, the teacher announced that the time was up and it was time to hand in our test sheets. As I passed Odie's desk, I saw the paper full of scribbles, scratches and answers. I gaped at it and stared.

'What?' said Odie. I silently pointed at his test sheet. Odie sighed and rolled his eyes.

'Herry, Mr. Moore told us that ¼ of our midterm would be on co-ordinate geometry. So I studied ahead during the weekend.' I grumbled and handed in my test sheet. As I sat back down, I glared at the wall and mentally cursing myself for not paying attention to class. The rest of the period went slowly. Each time I looked up at the clock on the wall, it seemed to me like the minute hand was going backward instead of forward. When I thought the class would never end, the bell finally rang. I stood up and raised my arms as if in victory. I raced out of the room and went to my locker. When I reached it, I was quite out of breath. I took my things for my next class and headed towards the next 77 minutes of hell.

The morning went quite fast actually. There were no more pop quizzes and we spent most of the class reviewing for the dreadful midterms. Lunch came and we ate. Or more likely, I ate. The rest of the gang were complaining about the midterms, the crabby teachers and the crazy rush hour schedule.

'They cut off some of the time from the breaks! Look at me! I wasn't able to at least decently brush my hair,' complained Theresa. She's a descendant of Theseus and our resident psychic. She can control things with her mind, see a vision but not yet read minds. Neil took out our good old friend, The Mirror.

'I had a pop quiz in math, a quiz in biology and another quiz in socials. And I aced them! Isn't that awesome!' he said as he checked his hair. Archie rolled his eyes.

'I bet you used some of your super duper good luck.' That's another thing that annoys us. Neil have, what Archie likes to call, unfreaking believable good luck. He never loses in a bet and he always wins in games and other stuff. As lunch time drew to a close, we quickly finished our lunch and headed for our lockers. Two more period of hell before we are out for the day. The rest of the afternoon was like the morning. Crabby teachers droning on and on, students taking endless notes and pop quizzes were given out. By the end of the day, I was ready to strangle someone.

'I swear if I have to write one more pop quiz, I'm going to pop someone!' I cried to Odie.

'Come on, man. It's not that bad. How about this? When we finish training with Ares, I'll help you with school work, ok? I can guarantee you three more pop quiz coming up tomorrow, so let's get ready,' he said. There are times like this that I am truly thankful for god giving me such great friends. I know that no matter what, we will always be together going through all the up and downs of life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, the third chapter of the series, done! My exams are next week, so I won't be able to update any stories. I will be probably pull some all nighters studying for the freaking damn provincials. (excuse my language. I don't usually swear, but these exams are getting to me) anyways, I will be probably start writing again next Friday. I have exams on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I want to take Thursday off. I need some time off to myself. So ta-ta people and wish me luck on my exams! Next off is our beloved computer geek, Odie.
Sign up to rate and review this story