Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Against All Odds

You Don't Understand

by Arisa 4 reviews

I'm hoping this was what some of you guys were looking for, please review.~

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1752 words

0Unrated
Ch.9 You Don't Understand
Here's the chapter I promised, hope you guys like it. If you haven't read Tinsley's stuff go find it and read it, cause her writing rocks my socks. Unless your not on fanworks...I think she had an account on ficwad too but I can't remember what it is. Anyway, on with the fic.

I had calmed down considerably, but I definately didn't feeling like eating after throwing up...yeah, it kinda ruins things. I sat up, moving to stand next to the bunk. Ryan had fallen asleep sitting up. I smiled and tugged him down lightly so he was laying on the bunk. Brendon grabbed a blanket and spread it over him, pulling me on top of him. We were sitting next to Ryan, watching him sleep for a few minutes.

After a while, I felt Brendon's breathing even out beneath me. I smile and rested on his chest, closing my eyes and falling asleep myself. I wasn't sure how long it had been since I had fallen asleep, but I woke up to Brendon sliding out from beneath me and standing up. "Sorry, did I wake you?" I smiled and rolled over so I could face him, rubbing my eyes. "No, I think I've just had too much sleep lately." He gave me a smile and leant down to give me a light kiss on the lips. "I think I'm gonna go get that food. You hungry?" I shook my head, sitting up next to him.

"I think I'll eat a little later." He nodded, heading out and stopping at the door. "Just make sure you do eat soon." I nodded and gave him a smile, grabbing my hoodie. I sat back down next to Ryan, watching him as he slept with my knees pulled up to my chest. I watched his chest lightly rise and fall, smiling to myself. I let myself silently replay the moments I'd had with the boys, making me smile yet again. "What're you thinking about?" I heard a soft voice question, and saw that Ryan had woken up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." Ryan shook his head, "Nah you didn't, now what were you thinking about?" He brought his face close to mine so that our foreheads were touching.

"You." I answered with a grin, pushing off his chest and standing up. I pulled out my phone, checking the time quickly. "You better hurry, you have to head to the venue soon." He stood immediately and rushed around, trying desperately to get ready. I giggled and headed out of the room with him when he had finished. "Thought you two weren't gonna wake up in time." I stuck my tongue out at Spencer. "I've been awake. You coulda come in anyway. Unless you were planning on leaving Ryan." He grinned at me. "Nah, we were about to come get you, but then we heard you guys moving around." I sighed and zipped up my hoddie as we headed out into the cold, walking into the back door of the venue.

We got in and I sat down on the couch while the boys went through sound check, make-up, getting into their costumes, and many other random tasks that were being performed around the stage and backstage. They came over before they went on, I wished them luck, gave them all a quick kiss, Jon and Spencer only got one on the cheek though. It was about half-way through their set when I decided to head back to the bus, I was hungry and dizzy, so I scribbled a quick note and gave it to one of the tech's who I'd talked to before. He promised to give it to the guys.

I headed back slowly, climbing onto the tour bus and walking to the back. It was colder here, since we were in Detroit now. Then again, we were approaching winter. I put on my cream and crimson colored plaid pajama pants, as well as a crimson tank top. I finished it off with my favorite crimson and black Clandestine hoodie. I headed back outside, rifling through the fridge for something that looked good, since my hunger was definately getting to me by now. I heard the door to the bus open and frowned to myself. "Hey guys, I didn't expect you back so soon, something wrong?" I asked, knowing the concert couldn't have ended so soon.

"I heard you were back in the game." I paused and turned around. I had heard that voice somewhere... Brad, one of Patrick's pyscho buddies. "Brad, leave now. I don't even know what you're talking about. Back in the game?" I was seriously confused. What game was he talking about. He gave me a grin and then tugged my arm, pulling me back into the bunk area. I shoved against him, knocking him over backwards. I tripped as a sudden dizzy spell hit me. He jumped back up and pinned me to the bed, taking my shirt off.I struggled against him, trying desperately to get him off of me. He had my pants around my knees now, and I could feel him grinding into me.

I was alerted to another presence by the sound footsteps outside. Brad leapt off me and headed out the window in the living area. I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding and pulled up my pants. I stood, wincing as I put pressure on my wrist. I reached down to get my shirt, my entire body aching. I felt tears stinging at the back of my eyes, but they refused to fall. "Katie?" I heard Brendon's voice behind me. I was shocked, since I didn't expect him back so soon, but he took the shock on my face differently. "I should have known." He spat, anger burning over the pain in his eyes.

I moved forward, desperate to explain myself, but he turned away and stormed out, heading god knows where. I couldn't go after him, because who could blame him. If I walked in on him like that, I would have thought the same thing. I sat down on my bed, sobbing harder than I could ever remember. I cried so hard I made myself sick, and by the time I was done I was dry heaving in the bathroom. I felt horrible, but there was nothing left to throw up. I collapsed back against the wall, the tears running silently down my face now.

I didn't know how long I had been sitting in the bathroom crying, but I heard the door open and a pair of quiet footsteps approach. The door was pushed open and Ryan entered, noting my pale and shaking frame. "Katie, what happened? Brendon came back to the signings totally pissed off." I wiped my tears away and struggled to answer him. "He...I...cheated." I could tell he missed some of the words, because he was giving me an odd look. "Katie, repeat that, and tell me it isn't what I thought you said."

"He thinks I was cheating!" I raised my voice to a level that was loud for me, but I suppose it was only like a normal tone of voice. "Why though, what happened?" He was cradling me against his chest as he asked. "I just..." I knew I had to tell the truth if I ever wanted a chance to get Brendon back. "One of Patrick's friends came after me. He..he had my shirt off and had slid my pants down. Then..." I broke of, taking an intake of breath. "Then he heard Brendon coming and took off through the window." I said, pointing to the now open window. "Brendon saw me with my shirt off and I was so surprised I think I gave him the wrong idea." I said, crying into Ryan's chest.

"Katie, I don't...please, show me something. Prove you were forced into this. I want to believe you!" I pulled him up, turning on the bathroom light. I pointed to the red mark on my upper left arm and the red marks over the bruise on my wrist. He nodded and looked over them, pulling me to his chest. "Go to bed, I'll talk to Bren. Actually, no, I'm not leaving you alone. We'll wait 'till he comes back and has had some time to cool off. Come on, let's get you to bed. Did you eat anything?" I shook my head and he nodded, heading out into the main area, leaving the door open so he could see me.

Ryan grabbed a bottle of water and a few granola bars. He brought them back and set them on the bed, sitting down next to me. I leaned lightly against his shoulder, watching him as he pulled out his phone. "Hey, Bren. I think you should come back now.... Screw the after-party, just listen to yourself. We need to talk, no matter how this may end up. Yeah, I know. Alright, bye." I looked up at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. He pulled me into his arms calmly, stroking my back. "Don't worry, he'll understand, I'll show you. He really loves you Katie, the fact that he got so angry proves that."

"Why didn't you get mad?" I asked into his chest and he pulled me back. "What?" I smiled lightly. "I said, why didn't you get mad?" He sighed and looked down at me. "I did, but when I saw you crying I knew I had to hear you out. That's why I asked you for proof. Knowing how you feel about sex, I figured that the marks and the window were good indications that you weren't lying. Besides, I've never met someone who makes themselves sick crying over a lie." I smiled at him, wincing as I heard the door slam and I saw Brendon standing in the doorway. He definately looked less angry, but the hurt was almost enough to make me want to throw up what I'd eaten and lock myself in the bathroom again. Ryan gave my shoulder a light squeeze and waved Brendon over towards us.


I figured that no couple is without it's problems right? So I was going for drama and conflict from within as well as from outside the pairing. What do you guys think, did I succeed? Read and review if you really wanna find out what happens next.
Sign up to rate and review this story