Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Against All Odds

I'm Sorry

by Arisa 2 reviews

Just a continuation of where I left off last chapter.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-25 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 1408 words

0Unrated
Ch. 10 I'm Sorry
I'm really trying to get these chapter out faster, and I don't know how long this fic will be. I do know, however, that there will be a sequel. I never thought the story would make it this far, so thanks for keeping with it guys. I've written some of my Fall Out Boy fic, but I'm reluctant to continue and post it since I'm not sure I like it...I can't think of much to say here, so I'll just start the chapter.

I felt the mattress shift slightly as Brendon sat down and I looked up, but he was still refusing to meet my eyes. I looked down again silently, knowing that there was no point in making things into a bigger deal than they already were. Ryan tugged me so I was sitting up more, and pulled me closer to him. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he was doing the same to Brendon.

I heard Ryan sigh lightly "Brendon, do you remember what Katie talked to us about when we first got together?" I continued to watch Brendon out of the corner of my eye. He looked confused for a couple minutes before realization dawned on his face. "Yeah..." I remembered too, of course. ~' "You both know that I'm not going to have sex with you anytime soon, right?" '~ Those had been my exact words. "So, all that means is that she's known this guy longer. First time had to be with someone you've always known, right?" He didn't even sound so angry anymore, a little spiteful, but more hurt than anything.

I felt tears sting at the back of my eyes when he said that, and I heard Ryan's breath catch, and his voice sounded surprisingly harsh and surprised. "Brendon! You don't really mean that, do you?!" I heard Brendon sigh. "No, I'm sorry Katie. I just....why? I don't understand. I know we haven't been together that long, but why would you do that to me, us?" I couldn't even formulate an answer, I could tell just from his voice he was incredibly hurt. "Katie, show him." I shook my head. "No, he won't believe me... I can't." I moved to stand up before Ryan could stop me, but Brendon stood and grabbed my wrist, leaning forward so his weight prevented me from moving.

I winced and tried to pull away, my wrist stinging. Of course, as soon as I tried I placed most of my weight on my ankle and I fell to the floor. Great, since I didn't feel pitiful enough. I felt arms around my waist, lifting me back onto the bed. "What won't I believe?" Brendon's voice came from directly above me, and I saw Ryan move so he could see my ankle. I winced as he touched it and he gave me an apologetic look, leaving it alone for now. "Katie, show Brendon. You don't know if he'll believe you until you try, right?" I sighed and nodded, moving so he had a clear view of my upper arm and wrist. My wrist was still red, so you could see the new mark over the old one. The mark on my upper arm was still red too, but it seemed a little purple. Of course, maybe the reason I couldn't see the mark on my wrist turning purple was because there was already a bruise there.

Brendon ran his hand lightly along the marks, his face remaining impassive. "What are these from?" I felt my throat go dry and I felt like I was going to vomit again. I guess Ryan noticed because he put a hand on my back, like he was ready to help me up. Ryan gave Brendon a look, and I suppose Brendon knew what was going on. "I know, I just...I wanna hear it from you, Katie. Please?" He sounded like he was confused, and I figured that I at least owed him an explanation. "Nothing happened. He just...attacked me. I don't really want to talk about it in detail. Ask Ryan later?" I looked up for the first time and saw him nod, giving me an apologetic smile.

I returned the smile, leaning back on the bed. My head hurt, my chest was starting to hurt, my sides ached, and my wrist and ankle were still throbbing. To make things better my stomach couldn't settle itself, I was freezing cold, and to top it all off I had hurt Brendon. I shivered lightly and Brendon leaned down, grabbing my shirt off the floor as well as my sweatshirt and handing them to me. I sat up and pulled them on, hopping under the covers as soon as I had. Brendon gave me an odd look, but I just grabbed the controller for the small tv in the bunk.

He laid down beside me, forcing me to face him. "Katie, it isn't that cold, and your under blanket and with your sweatshirt on. What's wrong." I shook my head. "Nothing, I just get cold easily." I lied. Honestly, I wasn't sure what was wrong. I suppose throwing up for almost two days was probably helping make me feel weak, plus the injuries from Patrick and his group, and the fact that I sat for hours in a cold bus with no shirt on may have something to do with it. Just maybe. He gave me a look before pulling me close to him. "Damn Kay...your shivering and everything. Ryan, do we have any extra blanket out there?"

"Umm...yeah, we do? Are you cold enough for the really heavy ones though." I heard Ryan call back in from the kitchen.

"Yeah, and I need you to come in here." I heard someone shuffling around out in the living area, and Ryan poked his head back in with a couple of soft, warmer blankets. Brendon realeased me grabbing the blankets and putting them over me. I pulled them up, glad that I wasn't shivering very much anymore. Ryan blinked and looked down at me. "Katie...are you okay? Your starting to look like you were when I found you..."

"When you found her?" I heard Brendon ask, sitting next to me and rubbing my arm while looking at Ryan.

"Yeah, she had cried so hard she had made herself sick, and she was pale and shivering on the floor of the bathroom."

"Kay, are you sure your okay? You've been throwing up an awful lot lately. Maybe you should eat something." I shook my head, lacing my hand with Brendon's. "Do you want anything while I'm up." I gave a nod, looking at Ryan. "Just some water and advil." I answered quietly. He nodded, quickly retrieving the items I had asked for. He handed them to me and I took them, swallowing the pills and setting the water down beside the bed. "What hurts?" Ryan asked, moving to sit on the bed.

I sighed and sat up, leaning against Brendon. "What doesn't." Brendon laughed and I smacked him lightly, Ryan gave a smile, holding back his laughter. I sighed, a small smile growing on my own face. "My sides, my head, my stomach feels...wierd, my wrist and ankle hurt the most though." Ryan gave me a shy smile and nodded. We'll see how it looks in the morning, then we'll decide what to do." I nodded and gave them each a kiss on the cheek before laying back down to go to sleep. As soon as I did though, they both leaned down and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Guys!" I whined playfully, "If I AM sick, I don't want you guys catching it." They just smiled and shook their heads and I sighed. They stood, changing into their pajamas, and then wrapped their arms around me. I was falling asleep, listening to Brendon ask Ryan the question that caused problems earlier, and I trusted that this would smooth things out for good.

I'm not sure how long this chapter was, but I hope you guys like it. Keep reviewing and I'll do my best to keep writing. I've got a little bit of writers block again, but I'll keep trying to write. I wasn't happy with this chapter, so please, give me your points of view. I need to know if I'm giving the readers what they want, right?
Sign up to rate and review this story