Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

The Prom.

by Joal_Hilary 1 review

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 959 words

0Unrated
Ch 8: The Prom.
Jayde Pov

I can't believe Benji hurt himself again after he promised me he wouldn't do it, but he did. I don't know what to do I'm scared about Benji, although he did break my trust. I have tried to help him make him see light, but he won't listen. Benji is scarying me and I don't know how much more I can out up with.

I walk out of my room and into the kitchen, Benji's there, I turn to leave when Benji says "Jayde, please talk to me I'm sorry I promise I won't do it again."
"You say that now but I bet next week you will go and hurt yourself again, your promises are never true!"

I walk off up into my bedroom slam my door, then slide down it huddling my legs up to my chest, while hot tears stream down my cheeks.


Benji pov

I walk into the kitchen, trying to find something to eat, Jayde enters and turns to leave as I say "Jayde, please talk to me I'm sorry I promise I won't do it again."
"You say that now but I bet next week you will go and hurt yourself again, your promises are true!"

Jayde walks off up to her bedroom and slams the door, I sit down on the chair in the kitchen and realise what Jayde said was true I didn't keep my promise to her, and I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. Now Jayde hates me how can everything go great then go horribly wrong?

I want to die. Now that Jayde hates me I have no one that cares about me, I bet if I died Jayde wouldn't even miss me.


The next day

Jayde and I didn't speak to each other as we walked to school, I hunched my back as my head hung low and let one single tear escape my eye.

I am now sitting in Science down the back by myself, I think Jayde is really mad with me because guess who she went and sat with JOEL COMBS!!

Why did she go and sit with him, he is a loser, and he hurt her, Jayde is trying to make me jealous I think, because now they are HOLDING HANDS!

I guess I must not have been good enough for her........

Jayde pov

Wow I think my plan to make Benji jealous is working, ha serves him right for lying to me. To be honest I never thought I would ever try to be this mean to someone but Benji betrayed me. I hate Joel but he is the only guy apart from Joe that I know who would be able to get Benji worked up, angry and sad.

"Hey Joel?"
"Yes?"
"Will you go to the prom with me?" I say loud enough for Benji to hear."
"Yes of course Jayde."
I kiss Joel passionately on the lips, yuk but I think Benji is getting upset so it's worth it.


Unfortunately Benji is still living with me and mum, because mum does want him to go back to his family.



The Prom.

Jayde pov

Joel and I walk up the steps and into the hall where our prom is, I am wearing a beautiful Red strapless dress that has beads around the waistline and black high heel shoes and a red ribbon in my hair, and a beautiful tear drop diamond necklace around my neck.

Joel is wearing a white suite with a black tie, Joel brings me over to Billy and Paul. I look around the room searching for Benji, but don't find him.

Benji pov

I really don't want to go to the prom this was suppose to be mine and Jayde's perfect night, but that got ruined, I am laying on top of my bed when Jane comes in.

"Hey Benji."
"Hi."
"Benji, go to the prom tonight I'm sure you'll have fun, listen I know that you and Jayde aren't getting along latterly but that's no reason for you not to have fun."
"Yeah, I suppose."
"Well I bought you a suite, You don't have to go if you don't want it's up to you."
"thanks Jane."
Jane out the suit on my dresser, it was a really nice suit and If I don't go to the prom I'm letting Jayde win and that is not going to happen.

I take the suit and quickly change into it, Jane lets me take the Jeep to the school. I look down at myself before entering, the suit was really nice it was all black except for the tie which is blood red; I like it.

I walk in the hall and look around at the dancing couples then I spot Jayde and Joel dancing, I walk over to to a dark corner of the room so I can't be seen.

Jayde pov

I think I just saw Benji come in, dam I thought he would of stayed home, I turn and face Joel as we slow dance.
"I am sorry Jayde."
"You hurt me so much."
"I know and I'm sorry, I was just trying to get to my stupid brother, not you your beautiful.
"Thank you."

End of pov

Jayde and Joel lent in and kissed while a sad looking boy stood over in the corner watching them.

a/n Poor Benji :( oh well I'm evil lol Please review please it makes me so happy and I need to be happy so please review people lol.

Thanks 2 BenjisRiotGirl79 and myusedromance 4 the beautiful reviews!!

Love always
Joal_Hilary xx

Preview of chapter 9:

"OMG Benji, what have you done?"
? runs off tears coming from there eyes as they toss a piece of paper aside.
Sign up to rate and review this story