Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Is anybody listening?

by Joal_Hilary 2 reviews

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-27 - Updated: 2007-01-27 - 616 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9: Is anybody listening?
Benji Pov

I stand in the corner crying my eyes out as I watch Jayde lean in and kiss Joel, how can she go out with that jerk, he doesn't even love her, I love her.

I walk out of the hall not being able to bare the sight of Jayde and Joel any longer; into the jeep and drove back home (Just to remind you Benji's home is Jayde's house.)

I walk back into my bedroom my face all red and blotchy, Jane must have gone to bed because I couldn't see or hear her anywhere.

I grab my art journal and lay on my bed and I started to put pen to paper.

Well that's a start I thought as I sat down trying to think up some more words. I can't get the image of Jayde and Joel kissing out of my head and it's killing me.

I wonder if anyone really cares about me anymore?


Jayde pov

Joel and I dance for a bit longer then I decide to leave, I give Joel a quick kiss on the lips and then walk out of the hall and I get a taxi to take me home.

I get out my key and I am fiddling with it in the door it then unlocks and I enter the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

I walk into mum's room.

"Hey."
"Hey Jayde, how was the prom?"
"Yeah it was pretty good."
"How was Joel?"
"Great."
"Mum please don't start on the whole Benji and Joel subject again."
Mum sits there quietly looking at my with a mixture of sadness and hurt in her eyes.
"Jayde Benji deserves a second chance and not to be made fun of by his ex and twin brother. Jayde I honestly am ashamed of you, I thought you would be a lot kinder and not use Joel to make Benji jealous. Now can you please go I need to be on my own for a little bit."
I walk out of mums room upset and angry, I storm into my room and notice a small piece of paper lying on my bed.

I pick it up and open it and read;

To my dearest Jayde,

Well your wish is granted and you will no longer have to put up with my untrustworthy self. I know I slipped up I never meant to hurt you or upset you, I am so sorry Jayde. But there is one thing I want you to think about I once promised you that I would never let anyone hurt you and I haven't I have always stood up for you.

Well by the time you read this I will be gone, you probably won't care but I couldn't leave with out saying goodbye.

I will always love you.

Love forever and ever

Benjamin Levi Combs xx

p.s I hope you and Joel have a great life together.


"OMG Benji what have you done?"

I read the note over and over again, I rush down to Benji's room and see that he is not in there, I go through the whole house and can't find him the last place I can see is the bathroom, I slowly open the door.......


I scream as I see Benji lying on the ground blood everywhere and a bottle of pills open scattered on the floor.

I run off tears coming from my eyes as I toss the piece of paper aside.



a/n Will Benji survive? Please review and thanks 2 BenjisRiotGirl79 and myusedromance 4 reviewing.

Preview for ch 10:

"Mum what if Benji doesn't survive?"
"We will just have to pray that he does."
Sign up to rate and review this story