Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Don't die on me

by Joal_Hilary 1 review

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-30 - 620 words

0Unrated
Ch 10: Don't die on me

Jayde pov

"MUM, MUM, GET DOWN HERE QUICK."

I go back into where Benji is lying in the bathroom, mum rushes down the stairs "Jayde what's wrong? Oh my god Benji, call the ambulance Jayde NOW!"

I run over to the phone and dial the emergency number, tears fogging up me eyes as a man answered on the other end of the receiver "Hello?"
"Hi can please get an ambulance at my house, my uh..uh boyfriend is on the floor unconscious please hurry."
"Right away miss where do you live?"
"Uh 334 Prairie drive, Waldorf."
"Okay will be there soon."

I hang up the phone and rush into mum who is also crying, Benji is like a son to her. I pick up the piece of paper again and start to make since of everything Benji tried to kill himself and it's all my fault if I hadn't gone and tried to make him jealous by going out with Joel, and if I had of listened to my heart and forgave him he wouldn't be lying here right now.

I kneel down on the ground and bite my lip as tears flow from my eyes. Two people came bursting through the house with a stretcher and pull Benji on to it; mum and I follow them and get in the ambulance together with the people carrying Benji, the driver speeds off towards Waldorf hospital with the sirens blaring.

Mum pulls me into her arms and I cry and say how sorry I am and that this is my entire fault, mum tells me not to worry that things will be fine and that it isn't my fault.

We reach the hospital it seemed to take forever; they lifted Benji out of the ambulance and rush him inside mum and I run after them.


The doctors take it from there and go examine Benji, mum and I try to go with them but they push us back telling us to wait here.

2 hours later: still waiting

I'm sitting in the waiting area staring at my shoes, mum comes back with a two cups of coffee hands one to me and sits down next to me.

"Mum what if Benji doesn't survive?"
"We will just have to pray that he does."

Mum and I sit in silence for awhile longer then the doctor comes over to us.
"What's happening? Has Benji woken up? Is he going to die?"
"Well he has OD on some medication, He has also shown signs of cuts on his arms, legs and stomach there are some really deep cuts that are bleeding badly. He has lost a lot of blood I'm afraid that he may die, we will try to do all we can to help him survive, he has shown no signs of movement and he has a very faint pulse. The poor kid must be badly troubled to try and kill himself."
"Is there anything we can do doctor?"
"I'm afraid not, we will do some tests and try to stop the bleeding, You will just have to wait."

The doctor walked off and mum and I looked at each other both thinking the same thing 'Don't die on me.'



a/n I know u still don't know if Benji survives or not, it will come out in chapter 11 and like Jayde and Jane u will just have to wait. Ha I'm evil lol Thanks to BenjisRiotGirl79 and leathleproduction for reviewing.

Preview of ch 11

"Where do you think we should have the funeral?"
"I don't know mum, where can we bury ?"
"We could bury ? in the backyard, we are really ? only family."

Mum and I cry over the body of ?
Sign up to rate and review this story